Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    cos most people hate to blame their idols / heroes ... need to find a scapegoat
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    actually i dont understand why people hated kuyt so much lor.. sure, his finishing isnt as good as torres but who is? I think kuyt suffers a lot becos he was played out of position as RM. the fact that he excel in it and still scores goals proved that he's a key contributor. If you look at his conversion rate, i think he's prob one of the highest in terms of goals/chance ratio. He has scored 12 goals in 35-36 Champions League matches.. and thats at the highest quality level, including goals in CL semis and finals. Thats 1 goal in every 3 matches and he's not even playing as striker. I don't see how many strikers over the last 10 yrs that have better ratio than that.. maybe except RVR,Raul and Eto?

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

raf999 sucks and so too dirty kite and leiva! blahhhhhh!

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    raf999 sucks and so too dirty kite and leiva! blahhhhhh!

this weekend game,Rafa will play both Kuyt & Lucas from the start,Kuyt will make an assist for Lucas to score the match winning goal...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    actually i dont understand why people hated kuyt so much lor.. sure, his finishing isnt as good as torres but who is? I think kuyt suffers a lot becos he was played out of position as RM. the fact that he excel in it and still scores goals proved that he's a key contributor. If you look at his conversion rate, i think he's prob one of the highest in terms of goals/chance ratio. He has scored 12 goals in 35-36 Champions League matches.. and thats at the highest quality level, including goals in CL semis and finals. Thats 1 goal in every 3 matches and he's not even playing as striker. I don't see how many strikers over the last 10 yrs that have better ratio than that.. maybe except RVR,Raul and Eto?
    Kyut was given the chance to prove his worth when he was being played as a striker. but he blew it by squandering chances, very much like what Voronin is doing now. But his exceptional work rate is probably the only reason why Rafa keep faith with him. Also, he accepts his chance to play out right and improves from there.

As we have come to know, Rafa does not like players who question his decision to play them out of position.

tonight we face west ham.

haiz... i hope we can put up a strong performance!

tonight we face west ham.

haiz... i hope we can put up a strong performance!
    west ham is a team who is capable of playing good football & cause us problems...on current form we should win...what score? it doesnt matter to me now as long as we get the 3 points...away at upton is as tough as away at whitehartlane...but no reason we should drop points there...unless Kuyt & Lucas played poorly...

ALL CHANGE AT ANFIELD?

Rafa Benitez: Out. Jose Mourinho: In?
    By Harry Harris
    (Archive)
    September 17, 2009

What are the odds on that earth-shattering scenario to shake up the whole of football, let alone Anfield? Maybe pretty long odds, I would suspect. For the moment.

For me, this is a distinct possibility. This bombshell might not be quite as farfetched as it sounds. Let me explain. Rather let me light the blue touch paper and retreat to safety!

Liverpool are desperate to break Manchester United's stranglehold on the League title, which was once the private domain of Anfield. And patience is wearing thin with Rafa Benitez to deliver. Sir Alex Ferguson's dominance in the domestic league is something that has become far more than a mere irritation; it has become the club's Holy Grail.

Last season, with Fernando Torres looking to be Benitez's best buy by a long way, the club came so tantalisingly close. This season they were heavily favoured by pundits and by their own fans, as finally being in a position to mount a realistic challenge and eventually take the championship crown. Two early defeats have badly deflated such high expectations. Patience with Benitez is even thinner.

Failure to win at West Ham United on Saturday, in yet another massive ESPN live Premier League game to follow the thoroughly entertaining Spurs-Manchester United event, would heap enormous pressure on the manager. Patience with Benitez will be at an all-time low ebb.

And, if the pressure doesn't reach fever pitch at Upton Park should Liverpool win, then it could easily occur if Liverpool lose touch with the leaders at any stage in the near future.

At the moment Chelsea and Manchester City are setting the pace as both have 100% records. City's credentials will be tested to the limit in the Manchester derby, so it's Liverpool's big chance in East London to close the gap. Benitez dare not fail in this task.

The Champions League has been Benitez's field of expertise, and, indeed, saving grace, but it is the domestic title that their fans now crave above all else. Strange, because, it is the opposite at a club like Chelsea, who would dearly love to be taken seriously as one of Europe's elite by winning the Champions League. Don't get me wrong, their fans want to win the league as well, but the clubs priority is to finish at the summit of Europe.

Jose Mourinho delivered back-to-back titles, but never quite conquered the Liverpool hurdle in Europe. Mourinho's mission at Inter is to deliver the Champions League having won the league title in his first season. Any failure in Europe might be hard for Mourinho and Inter to accept, which might make his tenure in Italy far less secure.

Now, if Mourinho was returning to the Premier League, there would be two likely destinations, Old Trafford, or... Anfield.

There has been plenty of speculation that United's American owners would covet Mourinho the day Sir Alex opted to retire. But that might not be for another couple of seasons, and while Sir Alex likes the Portuguese coach and would not object to him taking over his mantle, Mourinho might feel uncomfortable with that, and he would surely wish to retain Sir Alex in some sort of advisory role.

However, there would be no hesitation on Mourinho's part on ousting Benitez. They never really got on during their conflicts in England and abroad when Mourinho was boss at Stamford Bridge. And Mourinho loves the Liverpool heritage, and would put them on his potential wish list for a return to English football.

I believe it is inevitable Mourinho will return. And, it will only be at a club that matches his ego in terms of size and paying power. The only club likely to challenge Liverpool for Mourinho's services, would be big spending Manchester City.

But they will stick with Mark Hughes, while they continue to be successful and Hughes has got off to a flyer this season with all his new signings in place, and more to come in the January transfer window.

So, logically, it is Mourinho for Anfield if Benitez fouls up in the Premier League this season, and already he hasn't made a very auspicious start.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    west ham is a team who is capable of playing good football & cause us problems...on current form we should win...what score? it doesnt matter to me now as long as we get the 3 points...away at upton is as tough as away at whitehartlane...but no reason we should drop points there...unless Kuyt & Lucas played poorly...
    i remember when we were struggling under gerard houllier in his final 2 seasons, i din't even bother to look at the fixture list to see who we'll b playing next.

becos there is hopelessness hanging in the air.

this season, after the first game, i have the same feeling as i had when LFC was under gerard houllier. i din't even bother who we play next and against west ham, i only know abt it when i chance upon the above article.

so i decided to share that article.

clearly, i belif we can play much better with a proper right winger and if alonso is with us, we will win the title.

all is up in the air now. i dun belif we will win anything this season and i standby my prediction that raf999 will not last till the end of the season.

of cos, i would love it if i am to be proved wrong by raf999.

the only way would be to lift the title or to win the euro cup. anything less, i still think he will get the big boot. adios amigo!

ALL CHANGE AT ANFIELD?

Rafa Benitez: Out. Jose Mourinho: In?
    i seriously doubt this will happen though...moanrhino won the epl with chelski with roman's $$$...won at inter as the squad there is strong enough to win serie a...he is more negative than Rafa...look at how many 1-0 wins...yes no doubt its still a win & 3 points...i think Rafa will still be here for quite some time

in order for moanrhino to win epl with LFC,he needs $$$,where does the $$$ comes from? Stanchart deal? i think that sponsorship $$$ will go a long way to building the new stadium & paying the americans debt...whatever balance then will go to the transfer kitty...i might be wrong lah...lets wait & see...

i remember when we were struggling under gerard houllier in his final 2 seasons, i din't even bother to look at the fixture list to see who we'll b playing next.

becos there is hopelessness hanging in the air.

this season, after the first game, i have the same feeling as i had when LFC was under gerard houllier. i din't even bother who we play next and against west ham, i only know abt it when i chance upon the above article.

so i decided to share that article.

clearly, i belif we can play much better with a proper right winger and if alonso is with us, we will win the title.

all is up in the air now. i dun belif we will win anything this season and i standby my prediction that raf999 will not last till the end of the season.

of cos, i would love it if i am to be proved wrong by raf999.

the only way would be to lift the title or to win the euro cup. anything less, i still think he will get the big boot. adios amigo!
    alonso is gone,no point crying over that matter,he was with us last season but we still fell short anyway...we bought a proper right winger last time in pennant...quite highly rated but still cant perform...who is a good right-winger we can buy? with the amount of $$$ that we have? almost none quality right-winger available...i still have confident in Rafa...moanrhino is no better than him,imo...

i'm all for a change at LFC becos i am thoroughly convinced that raf999 is not the man to lead us further.

lost a match, start blaming others and finding excuses. PUI! i have never read about him blaming his own tactics and admitting that he is in the wrong when there are so many matches when we could've won big at home and yet he chose 4-5-1 with KKJs in it and buanged against the KKJ team.

no need to induce blood vomiting. jus see the line-up enuff to vomit buckets after buckets of blood!

there are other instances but i will stop here till this evening if we buang. my daggers are out for raf999 n his little minions leiva, bubble n dirty kite!

WA pui!!! today i o.t n again on MONDAY!!! ARGH!!!!

but just as well, can avoid vomiting blood.

i'm all for a change at LFC becos i am thoroughly convinced that raf999 is not the man to lead us further.

lost a match, start blaming others and finding excuses. PUI! i have never read about him blaming his own tactics and admitting that he is in the wrong when there are so many matches when we could've won big at home and yet he chose 4-5-1 with KKJs in it and buanged against the KKJ team.

no need to induce blood vomiting. jus see the line-up enuff to vomit buckets after buckets of blood!

there are other instances but i will stop here till this evening if we buang. my daggers are out for raf999 n his little minions leiva, bubble n dirty kite!
    last season we drew with your kkj teams but this season we won leh...our 2 loses against spurs was bcoz he dont have the best of pre-season...most players rusty...SG with his courtcase,ect...the defeat against villa coz the whole team played poorly...not just babel,kuyt & lucas...i think now if we play spurs & villa with the exact team,i'm sure we'll win both...keep your daggers 1st...,sometimes the dagger might kill the owner...,enjoy the games lah...we support LFC but football is still a game...

WA pui!!! today i o.t n again on MONDAY!!! ARGH!!!!

but just as well, can avoid vomiting blood.
    o.t as in over-time? good for u lah bro...today is my working day,monday i'm taking a day leave due to Hari Raya...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA to all LFC FANS ...

YNWA...

Deregistered

o.t as in over-time? good for u lah bro...today is my working day,monday i'm taking a day leave due to Hari Raya...

YNWA...
    HARI RAYA BRO !! !

YNWA...

hope LFC will whack Hammers upside down... too much blood lose and heart attacks this opening season .

YNWA...
    YAYYY!!
    my o.t canceled! kekeke

YAYYY!!
    my o.t canceled! kekeke
    Then you can now start stocking up as much blood as you can and get your daggers ready

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Kyut was given the chance to prove his worth when he was being played as a striker. but he blew it by squandering chances, very much like what Voronin is doing now. But his exceptional work rate is probably the only reason why Rafa keep faith with him. Also, he accepts his chance to play out right and improves from there.

As we have come to know, Rafa does not like players who question his decision to play them out of position.
    Actually i think Kuyt was abit unlucky. iirc, he was actually targetted by Houllier but Houllier left and he was still signed by RAFA. However, i don't think Rafa really envisage playing him as an out and out striker. If you think about it, he has done exceptionally well imo.

lineup for tonite game

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Insua, Carragher, Skrtel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Degen, Dossena.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    lineup for tonite game

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Insua, Carragher, Skrtel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Degen, Dossena.
    good.