Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/09...teven-gerrard/

Whilst I would agree that Lucas has improved this season I think comparisons made by the Brazilian to Stevie G may be getting a little ahead of himself. To be fair to the young midfielder he is still finding his feet at the club and he played perhaps two of his best games for the club against Stoke City and then Burnley.
    It is hard to pigeon hole the 22 year old as a certain type of midfielder. As discussed on here before It is clear he is not a Javier or a Xabi as such but more a composite of both players, which can be useful but no doubt also a little tricky for the player to adjust to the role that best suits his abilities.
    I think he is on the verge of justifying his place in the team and the problem will arise when Alberto Aquilani is fully fit and then Rafa will have to juggle things around or more likely, have Lucas sit out some games and that may be a hard pill for the Brazilian to swallow and will be a test of his character and maturity.
    Leivaís passing has improved of late and that was in many ways the attribute that most angered us as supporters, was his ability to lose the ball with a wayward misdirected ball, even the most simple five yarder seemed to occasionally trouble him but now he seems a more fluid player, able to keep the play moving without slowing it down needlessly.
    He may not be the next Steven Gerrard but I do feel there is a place for him at the club and he could yet become a player of great value to the club and the rest of this season will be crucial to his chances of becoming a Liverpool player of merit.

Lucas can never be a SG but he will be a great servant to LFC & a good player in future...he has improved & i'm sure he will keep on improving...
    in short, lucas can never be good enuff for LFC.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyboy View Post
    Quite difficult for him to improve when Aqunini starts to play.
    that aquahlanlan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i'm in absolute awe of ur positivity towards such a dim n dark situation.

i can't feel the same as u do, against a 'unknown' team with limited skills and resources, a 1-0 at Anfield can never do.

but of cos, to each their own.

i'm still looking forward to seeing raf999 being sacked but then again, u never know. we haf to wait till end of the season.
    well,when u play an unknown team...its difficult to prepare the team...u dont know their quality...but they definitely know our strenght...so for that they have preparation advantage...to say they are a poor team is definitely not right,they deserve to be at this stage so they are not a weak team,they are just an unknown quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyboy View Post
    Quite difficult for him to improve when Aqunini starts to play.
    this might not be true,there will be games when we need more defensive ability & high workrate,so we might play a different system & there will be games when we must attack...different system again...for all u know,there might be some injuries...

in short, lucas can never be good enuff for LFC.
    i didnt say he's not good enough for LFC,he is not as good as SG...i also dont think alonso is as good as SG...

Actually SG played worse than lucas on his debut leh... i rem he lasted like 20mins before getting sent off!! he's playing as RB then though iirc :P

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Actually SG played worse than lucas on his debut leh... i rem he lasted like 20mins before getting sent off!! he's playing as RB then though iirc :P
    against villa,Lucas was blamed for his og...i didnt hear/read anyone blaming SG for conceeding the penalty...i might be wrong lah...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    YES! and me n my army mates were cursing and swearing at him back then! i think so la.

but hey, he's playing as a RB!

tat time stevie G is around 18.

leiva is 20+. and we vomit blood ever time he play in his preferred center midfielder role.

against villa,Lucas was blamed for his og...i didnt hear/read anyone blaming SG for conceeding the penalty...i might be wrong lah...
    haiz, bro rodz need to re-watch the incident.

the ref kelonged.

as for the o.g, oh my goodness sai. even me will head it out sweeswee.

lucas yesterday 1 mistake enought to drain all my blood. Under no pressuring or so, he misspass the ball till nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    lucas yesterday 1 mistake enought to drain all my blood. Under no pressuring or so, he misspass the ball till nobody.
    tas LUCAS at his BEST!

YES!!! combined with our fantastic right winger, dirty kite, these 2 will deliver the cup to LFC... not forgetting the League title, the FA Cup, the coca-cola cup...

too many hatred in here

Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez hails Dirk Kuyt as 'a special player'

Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez hailed Dirk Kuyt as a special player as the Dutchman became the third-highest scorer in the club's European Cup history.

Kuytís first-half goal got Liverpool FCís Champions League campaign off to a winning start last night against Debrecen in their opening group E match.

The Liverpool FC boss sees Kuyt as crucial for his side because he is so alert in the box, and it was that awareness that saw Kuyt bag his 12th Champions League goal for the club, scoring from the rebound when a Fernando Torres shot was parried by goalkeeper Vukasin Poleksic.

Benitez said: "Dirk Kuyt is a special player for us. He is a very good striker, he can play on the right or in the middle and he is always a danger.

"His work ensures that. He is always around in the box to take advantage of situations where the keeper has blocked or parried a shot and the ball is loose.

"He is always aware, he sees situations as they develop and he is always ready for the ísecond ballí when it drops in the box.

"He has done it before many times, he did it against Debrecen, and I know he will be showing that form in the future. He can be relied on to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post

Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez hailed Dirk Kuyt as a special player as the Dutchman became the third-highest scorer in the club's European Cup history.

Kuytís first-half goal got Liverpool FCís Champions League campaign off to a winning start last night against Debrecen in their opening group E match.

The Liverpool FC boss sees Kuyt as crucial for his side because he is so alert in the box, and it was that awareness that saw Kuyt bag his 12th Champions League goal for the club, scoring from the rebound when a Fernando Torres shot was parried by goalkeeper Vukasin Poleksic.

Benitez said: "Dirk Kuyt is a special player for us. He is a very good striker, he can play on the right or in the middle and he is always a danger.

"His work ensures that. He is always around in the box to take advantage of situations where the keeper has blocked or parried a shot and the ball is loose.

"He is always aware, he sees situations as they develop and he is always ready for the ísecond ballí when it drops in the box.

"He has done it before many times, he did it against Debrecen, and I know he will be showing that form in the future. He can be relied on to do that."
    Sound like he is very zai in kio sai in penalty box.

No.1 Kio Sai player
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

haiz, bro rodz need to re-watch the incident.

the ref kelonged.

as for the o.g, oh my goodness sai. even me will head it out sweeswee.
    where got kelong? SG didnt protest against the decision,if i'm not wrong...

tas LUCAS at his BEST!

YES!!! combined with our fantastic right winger, dirty kite, these 2 will deliver the cup to LFC... not forgetting the League title, the FA Cup, the coca-cola cup...

when the whole team played badly,i noticed only the unpopular players get blamed...

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    too many hatred in here
    not hatred lah...those players are just unpopular...

without kuyt,we could be out of the CL last season...without Kuyt's goal,we would suffer a bad draw against the hungarian,thus promting many supporters to curse & swear...vomit more blood,etc...

To me Kuyt is like a world record holder for the 10000m,he does his job well though not many recognise his work...SG & Torres are like Usain Bolt,sprinters...they do a good trick once awhile,do it well & the whole world kneel down...

The only problem with Kyut is his uber lousy finishing when given a clear chance.

But he makes up for it by his work rate. He is like running on energizer. There are a good handful of goals which came about because of his work rate and persistent in bugging opponent's defense.

Also, to have somebody to kio the sai ain't that bad right? Imagine when Aquilani gets to play regularly and keeps clipping the post and Kyut is always on hand to kio... .

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    He wanted to buang the game la...

Rafa lub him deep2...

where got kelong? SG didnt protest against the decision,if i'm not wrong...

when the whole team played badly,i noticed only the unpopular players get blamed...

cos most people hate to blame their idols / heroes ... need to find a scapegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    The only problem with Kyut is his uber lousy finishing when given a clear chance.

But he makes up for it by his work rate. He is like running on energizer. There are a good handful of goals which came about because of his work rate and persistent in bugging opponent's defense.

Also, to have somebody to kio the sai ain't that bad right? Imagine when Aquilani gets to play regularly and keeps clipping the post and Kyut is always on hand to kio... .
    actually i dont understand why people hated kuyt so much lor.. sure, his finishing isnt as good as torres but who is? I think kuyt suffers a lot becos he was played out of position as RM. the fact that he excel in it and still scores goals proved that he's a key contributor. If you look at his conversion rate, i think he's prob one of the highest in terms of goals/chance ratio. He has scored 12 goals in 35-36 Champions League matches.. and thats at the highest quality level, including goals in CL semis and finals. Thats 1 goal in every 3 matches and he's not even playing as striker. I don't see how many strikers over the last 10 yrs that have better ratio than that.. maybe except RVR,Raul and Eto?