Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible model

Default Re: Irresponsible model

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    TS should move on if he doesnt want to mention names. No point continuing this thread.
    Refer to his 1st post.

I kinda agree with a few models you've mentioned here. Though... nonetheless not every models are into sizzling sex(y) themes. So they just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    TS should move on if he doesnt want to mention names. No point continuing this thread.
    I disagree, yes, TS has to move on, but these kind of threads are vital, it brings to light what is wrong. Wrong does not only applies to models, but photographers, mua, stylists or anyone else involved. It serves as a deterrence, becuase if you do not deliver as promised, you WILL be exposed.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I disagree, yes, TS has to move on, but these kind of threads are vital, it brings to light what is wrong. Wrong does not only applies to models, but photographers, mua, stylists or anyone else involved. It serves as a deterrence, becuase if you do not deliver as promised, you WILL be exposed.
    Truely agree.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

In Chinese this is called "thunder very loud, but then it did not rain" LOL

I would have written her off if she does not respond to SMS or email within a resonable time frame.

You know they are not fully committed; no point wasting your precious time.

Quote Originally Posted by third3rdwheel View Post
    In Chinese this is called "thunder very loud, but then it did not rain" LOL
    I have another one for him:

斬草不徐根
    春風吹又生
    Last edited by Sion; 30th August 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    Refer to his 1st post.
    thanks...didnt see the names added...my bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    yes, now that names are added...its more meaningful...

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

斬草不徐根
    春風吹又生
    it should be:
    斬草不
    春風吹又生

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

斬草不徐根
    春風吹又生
    somebardie please translate.

my chinese no good. always fail one.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

野火燒不盡 春風吹又生 by 白居易
    Last edited by flipfreak; 30th August 2009 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    野火燒不盡 春風吹又生 by 白居易
    yes, this is the correct version!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post

My own encounter:

1) late for shoot - 90% of the models i met are late, only 1 or 2 arrived earlier than me. no isues here, since i can wait like 1 or 2hrs as long as i like and eager to shoot the models.

2) late email reply - i've emails replied after weeks and even months (celebrity). if i like the models, i'm still willing to reply, nvm...i juz treat it as models are really busy.

3) no response after agreeing to shoot (sms/msn) - simply bochup, even after days, so can't discuss. i've 1 model after discussed for days and fixed the date, but when i sent her the shooting location, no response...the night b4 the shoot....still no response. saw her later online in msn....ask her whether she received my shooting details on sms...after serveral hrs...still no response. iloveyou (clubsnap)

4) last min cancelling of shoot - i hate this and the model juz said 'have something on'. i won't work with her again...

5) fly aeroplane on shooting date - ok...it's not 100% confirm since the shoot is last min and the model say she's scared she cannot wake up. but she gave me her hp no. so i said i will give her wake up call until she wake up. she say ok. it's like 2am+ tat day, shoot is 2pm the next day. i'm charging all my batteries til around 5am, she's still online and she msn me said she really scared she cannot wake up as she's learning photoshop at tat time....WTF. can she be more responsible if she know tmr there a shoot? still doing photoshop at 5am???? nvm, so i told her change to 3pm. but she no responsed, so i thought she slept. Call her around 12pm since she's still need to have lunch....no reply. tat time i was already on my gear and with tripod....and it's heavy walking around like an idiot as i told her i will buy some outfits for her before the shoot. Already called 6 or 7 times to 'wake' her...no reply. Sms her to ask her at least sms me to confirm/cancel the shoot...no reply. give her final call at 3pm....no reply. past 1 day already...still no reply. maybe i was just plain stupid but i'm sure she's the worst model i've ever met. ladymisaki (multiply)

6) no reply after sending information of the shoot - seriously, i hate models with 'i will reply only if i interested' kind of attitude. nvm...i can still accept it. but when the model reply to me and wants more information about the shoot, and after i sent her with a detailed info, i expect the model at least replied with a 'no thank you' or 'not interested', but this model choose not to reply after i sent her the detailed info....twice! one in emails and another 1 in clubsnap's pm several months later. maybe she thinks i'm 'too low class' to bother her. missglossiness (clubsnap)

I had similar encounters before .. and I never believe in waiting for 1 - 2 hrs .. Simply put, whether it is paid of TFCD, if the model is serious, then I believe they would not make you wait for 1 - 2 hrs ...

They same goes for waiting for replies ... if they were serious about the assignment it simply makes no sense for the delay.

Initially I tried to give the models the benefit of doubt, but now I simply move on and make it a point not to ponder over the issue ...

Some of the other brothers here are right .. this is just something we do for enjoyment, why get worked up over no-shows and bad attitude, There are many models out there .. if A won't shoot try B .. if B shows attitude ... C, D and E are waiting in the wings ... eventually the serious ones will have their own following , and the others will fall by the wayside ..

By all means name them .. but just don't let them bother you too much .. just move on ..

And don't wait THAT long, no matter how much you want to shoot them .. there will be others, better and more responsible ..

While there are many bad models out there, there are also models circulating bad photographers names around.

I guess we should leave it to both models and said victim to trash out in this space.

Somehow, without a contract, it is not possible to take action against the non-contracted party for no show. The only best way is to write them off and tell your best buddies to avoid them.

In bridal forums, they have the bad photographer awards. In photographic forum, there is the bad model award... Sometimes, it just makes a dull sunday bright reading all these.

Take it easy guys, there are more green shoots coming up every day.

Hi Mark,

I replied to you asking for more info about the shoot, because I wasn't NOT interested or thinking that you're low class, I never ever think any photog is low class. I was really busy that time, and I have also explained it to you in my further reply to you. I replied you as soon as I could, which was already ASAP. I don't sit at my com all day replying pms and when I replied you regarding the shoot, which at that point of time, you thought I was already purposely not replying, like models who don't reply at all when not interested.. And I understand you felt upset because it seemed like I asked details for fun, then seem to be not interested to do dun wanna reply. So sorry that you felt like I purposely refused to reply and wanted to ignore you.. but that really wasn't the case.

Regarding email, I didn't know at that point of time you're the same person.. I just checked thru my email.. I'll tell you why I didn't reply, but privately if you wish to know.. but basically it's pertaining to bogus requests and emails..
    Show me some love! (: For Shoots, contact: missglossiness@gmail.com

Deregistered

At the end of the day ... the responsible ones will come out in the open and explain their stand ..

It's one way to separate the wheat from the chaff ...........

other models you have listed there i might not know, but i believe that Magdalene had her reasons as she had already replied to you above.

cheers

I meet with photographers, GWCs, makeup artistes, other nuisance characters and NPCs who purposely block your angle of view, distract your models when they shouldn't be there, done their own job and badmouth others. Its life. Just have to face it.

Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    somebardie please translate.

my chinese no good. always fail one.
    Meaning if you clear the weeds without removing their roots, they will grow back.
    My china language tok gong one

Quote Originally Posted by missglossiness View Post
    Hi Mark,

Regarding email, I didn't know at that point of time you're the same person.. I just checked thru my email.. I'll tell you why I didn't reply, but privately if you wish to know.. but basically it's pertaining to bogus requests and emails..
    It's ok...previously it's because you never reply my email after i send the details (i was waiting for weeks)...so i was quick to jump into conclusion after u did the samething to my clubsnap's PM.

Nvm...at least you have come here and put in effort to explain, i appreciate tat.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast