Thread: Macbook Unibody touchpad issues

Default Macbook Unibody touchpad issues

Hey mac users! It seems like my Macbook 13" Unibody touchpad has some issues with dragging.

Before the problem started, I would click and hold down my cursor above an icon / slider that I'd like to drag with my index finger, followed by using my middle finger to move the icon / slider around.

Now, it seems like the mac half detects my fingers or something. Sometimes, I would be able to do the above for only 2 seconds before the "dragging" stops. Another example is in Lightroom 2 where I'm having difficult dragging sliders around. Lets say I want to drag the slider to 100 from 0, I would only be able to drag it to 30 before it stops.

Anybody have similar issues? I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce the error because it doesn't happen all the time. If I bring it to Mac / Apple care / whatever, they might not be able to detect the error.

Cheers,
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Default Re: Macbook Unibody touchpad issues

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Hey mac users! It seems like my Macbook 13" Unibody touchpad has some issues with dragging.

Before the problem started, I would click and hold down my cursor above an icon / slider that I'd like to drag with my index finger, followed by using my middle finger to move the icon / slider around.

Now, it seems like the mac half detects my fingers or something. Sometimes, I would be able to do the above for only 2 seconds before the "dragging" stops. Another example is in Lightroom 2 where I'm having difficult dragging sliders around. Lets say I want to drag the slider to 100 from 0, I would only be able to drag it to 30 before it stops.

Anybody have similar issues? I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce the error because it doesn't happen all the time. If I bring it to Mac / Apple care / whatever, they might not be able to detect the error.

Cheers,
    Zexun
    Don't worry. If Apple cannot detect the error, on your arrival, they will do a dignostic test on your laptop. After that, if they do find any faults, and the laptop is within warranty, they'll change the parts for you. Else, you need to pay for it. Give them a call. The service center is open half day on saturdays, so is their technical assistance hotline.

GMAN

I see. Thanks.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

There are. I've experienced it before. The problem is the glass as a track pad. If you notice the trackpad is quite smooth. So sometimes, the trackpad fails to track your fingers when your fingers start becoming sweaty. Though you don't feel the sweat, but on the microscope level, your fingers are moist with sweat. Call apple, and seek their advice. Most likely they'd ask you to come down, see the issue and i'm sure they have a fix for it.

GMAN