Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: D90

  1. #1

    Default D90

    yet another D90 thread by a newbie

    i gather that there's a shortage of stock in the market.. i was wondering if it's better to get a 2nd hand (approx 1.3~1.5k) or should i just wait for comex and hopefully they have stock (eventhough it'll be approx 200~300 more ex but with longer warranty, more freebies and 0 shutter count)?

    would appreciate some advice

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    I just got mine today at OP. They have at least one more set available.

  3. #3

    Default Re: D90

    oh... how much did you get it for? with the 18-55mm lens? any extra items?

    sorry. currently in camp. can't do much field research =(

  4. #4

    Default Re: D90

    audio house selling @ $1988 with 18-105mm lens, assuming 100% cheaper than comex.
    so how much do you get your D90 at OP? just body or with lens?

  5. #5
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by zenutopia View Post
    audio house selling @ $1988 with 18-105mm lens, assuming 100% cheaper than comex.
    so how much do you get your D90 at OP? just body or with lens?
    Bought at $1360 body only at OP. No freebies.

    I remember CP-P had the kit with 18-105mm at $1750 last week and the week before. Also no freebies.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th August 2009 at 10:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by zenutopia View Post
    audio house selling @ $1988 with 18-105mm lens, assuming 100% cheaper than comex.
    so how much do you get your D90 at OP? just body or with lens?
    $1988?? That is way way overrpiced. Even more ex than Mustafa. Mustafa I heard still have stock at $1799.

    Either D90 is so popular or so little stock, that price going up and no more freebies. Crazy!
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th August 2009 at 10:09 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bought at $1360 body only at OP. No freebies.

    I remember CP-P had the kit with 18-105mm at $1750 last week and the week before. Also no freebies.
    thanks for the info! think i'll get a second hand and invest more into the equipments

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericulf View Post
    thanks for the info! think i'll get a second hand and invest more into the equipments
    Well done

    I'm all for 2nd-hand equipment! Other than my 50mm prime, all my other stuff are 2nd-hand and they've been serving me OK

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Well done

    I'm all for 2nd-hand equipment! Other than my 50mm prime, all my other stuff are 2nd-hand and they've been serving me OK
    True. It really depends tho. The asking prices for 2nd hand D90 have been ridiculous. A lot of people have no idea about depreciation.

  10. #10

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    True. It really depends tho. The asking prices for 2nd hand D90 have been ridiculous. A lot of people have no idea about depreciation.
    YA!!!!! was so turned off =X by the asking price and to prevent me from being troubled further by the camera, i went to get from MS color.. haha.. last set

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericulf View Post
    YA!!!!! was so turned off =X by the asking price and to prevent me from being troubled further by the camera, i went to get from MS color.. haha.. last set
    Congrats bro. I hope the new D90 brings you as much joy as it has brought me. Awesome camera!

    I sold my D40x on BnS. I advertised at what I think is a fair price, I had like 5 people on the waiting list to buy it at the BNP. It was crazy. The first person to reserve it bought it in the end, and he was such a nice buyer. I spent around an hour to show him the ropes. I even taught him how to inspect lenses, bodies, how to see shutter count... etc. I invited him to join me for photoshoot sessions. We are all enthusiasts. Why can't we all be more sharing and friendly and share our passion for this hobby?

  12. #12
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by zenutopia View Post
    audio house selling @ $1988 with 18-105mm lens, assuming 100% cheaper than comex.
    so how much do you get your D90 at OP? just body or with lens?
    100% cheaper would mean f.o.c. - sure that audio house is a charity for photographers? Comex&co are computer fairs - hence the name.

  13. #13
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    100% cheaper would mean f.o.c. - sure that audio house is a charity for photographers? Comex&co are computer fairs - hence the name.
    LOL

  14. #14

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Congrats bro. I hope the new D90 brings you as much joy as it has brought me. Awesome camera!

    I sold my D40x on BnS. I advertised at what I think is a fair price, I had like 5 people on the waiting list to buy it at the BNP. It was crazy. The first person to reserve it bought it in the end, and he was such a nice buyer. I spent around an hour to show him the ropes. I even taught him how to inspect lenses, bodies, how to see shutter count... etc. I invited him to join me for photoshoot sessions. We are all enthusiasts. Why can't we all be more sharing and friendly and share our passion for this hobby?
    wow.. that's good! haha... batt's still charging.. shall start on the manual first.. lol!

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericulf View Post
    wow.. that's good! haha... batt's still charging.. shall start on the manual first.. lol!
    I haven't RTFM yet. hahaha I know I should.

    Anyway here are my first pictures using the D90.
    http://darthbertz.blogspot.com/2009/...-sunrises.html

  16. #16

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I haven't RTFM yet. hahaha I know I should.

    Anyway here are my first pictures using the D90.
    http://darthbertz.blogspot.com/2009/...-sunrises.html
    whats RTFM?

    that's some sweet photos you've got there!

  17. #17
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericulf View Post
    whats RTFM?
    Read The Fine Manual (whereby "F" can also stand for something more harsh).
    EOS

  18. #18
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by Ericulf View Post
    whats RTFM?

    that's some sweet photos you've got there!
    Thanks dude. the 'F' in RTFM can stand for many things.. heeeheee

    Freaking, Fishy, Fabulous... so on and so forth.

  19. #19

    Default Re: D90

    Hello Everybody

    I heard Alan Photo is selling D90 with dual Kit lens (18-55 & 55 -200) for SGD 1819.

    Just to know if it a good and worthy deal?

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90

    Quote Originally Posted by sachien View Post
    Hello Everybody

    I heard Alan Photo is selling D90 with dual Kit lens (18-55 & 55 -200) for SGD 1819.

    Just to know if it a good and worthy deal?
    Do a simple search and you would have found the following which will answer your question:

    Nikon Price Guide 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •