Thread: Bay Beats 09

Default Bay Beats 09

28 - 30 Aug. Anyone going? I think photography is allowed, but no flash like most Esplanade events.

http://www.baybeats.com.sg/2009/

Default Re: Bay Beats 09

Well, one or two pops of flashlight won't harm the performers right? Despite of the kind warning from The Esplanade personnel. Use flash as fill-in light only. Use it only at the appropriate moments.

Yeah I'll be going tonight but not shooting. Day 1's band line-up is not quite appealing and usually they are "warm-up" bands. Day 2 is always the happening night.

Happy shooting.

As if the security guards would know what fill light is...
    Tsk tsk tsk..
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint View Post
    Well, one or two pops of flashlight won't harm the performers right? Despite of the kind warning from The Esplanade personnel. Use flash as fill-in light only. Use it only at the appropriate moments.

Happy shooting.
    Just another selfish soul. Have you tried performing and get blinded temporarily by a flash? Seem like you want the organiser to kick you out of the show. There is a reason why the organiser ban flash on live performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint View Post

Yeah I'll be going tonight but not shooting. Day 1's band line-up is not quite appealing and usually they are "warm-up" bands. Day 2 is always the happening night.

Happy shooting.
    its already very good if photography is allow... please do not use flash if it has been allowed.
    Last edited by harper; 28th August 2009 at 06:38 PM.
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

ear plugs..

Quote Originally Posted by Macuser View Post
    Just another selfish soul. Have you tried performing and get blinded temporarily by a flash? Seem like you want the organiser to kick you out of the show. There is a reason why the organiser ban flash on live performance.
    i do feel that overwhelmed with camera flashes can make one feel like superstar. but anyway i'm not them so i dont know

i went on friday and sat for this event, sat is really pack.... no intention to head over today=.=
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Saw a bunch of photographers letting their flashes go wild yesterday at the (smaller) outdoor theater (not the make-shift stage). The area was jam-packed with people and I think the event-marshallers couldn't do much since there were too many people.

Surprisingly, the lighting of the peformance seemed sufficient on iso800 up already. Is there a need to fill flash and 'kill off' the colours?