Thread: Exploring west Sumatera

Default Exploring west Sumatera

Hello all,
    I'm a Canadian traveling (currently) in West Sumatera, and was hoping the photographic community on these forums might be able to provide me with some photography-related insights into the region. I plan on traveling over the course of the next few weeks, primarily by motorbike. Aiming to shoot a mix of landscapes and portraits. Of course, the forecast for the next 10 days in scattered thunderstorms, which might make for some interesting shooting conditions.

Default Re: Exploring west Sumatera

Which part of West Sumatera you travel? I am actually planning to go there too, but latest check air ticket is expensive on my available schedule.
    Maybe you can consider Bukit tinggi, my friend recommends that place.

I've currently been relaxing in Bukittinggi. Shoot the market today, head to Danau Maninjau tomorrow. Might be teaching English for a couple of weeks in a town near Bukittinggi (assuming it's somewhere scenic). Probably see the Harau Valley. I'm up for covering a good bit of space.

Blog Entries

We will be gathering in Padang and Bukittinggi in a few weeks and this thread below (once you sift through the babble contains a 6 day itinerary which has good information

Otherwise, you should register at and search or post there for similar information that is photography related ..... they should have a chapter of members in the Padang area

good luck