Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value for money tripod

Blog Entries

Default Re: Value for money tripod

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no need to feel sad, also need money to bring over.

when you think of the "arbitrage" concept you won't feel sad... i don't feel sad that big macs cost cheaper in china compared to here, same goes for tripods.
    Which is quite nice for some of us who travel quite a bit. We get the big mac and eat it too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Ya C269M8 with B1 head at 1800 RMB in Shanghai, I am not based here.
    Great deal. Which shop did you get it at? Not Orient Photo Shanghai HQ rite?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hokkaido88 View Post
    That's a good deal. So it's okay to go for China made one?And among all the China brands, Benro is the best?
    h0usefly, which model you've purchased?
    Benro is one of the better tripod brands in China.

Like most decent good companies in China, when they just started they were just doing copies of branded models. Once they got good sales and got big, they got better. Now their products are pretty decent.

There is this small company in China (Guangzhou) now called KangRinPoche (website here http://www.kangrinpoche.com) that is making excellent ball heads. Their NB-2 cost slightly more than 400 SGD. Production run is also very limited. They design and make their own too, not much copying involved. Pro photographers in China swear by it and match the heads to Gitzo pods.

Quote Originally Posted by hokkaido88 View Post
    Which tripod has the best value for money?

Heard that a cheap tripod is not durable and would vibrate( or less stable).

Does the China equivalent brand like Benro(heard it's improving), Induro,Vanguard, Velbon could perform the same as Gitzo?
    In my opinion this one.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450021

Made in Japan like a siege tank and weighs like one too but is relatively cheap if compare its toughness with more expensive tripods. Brought it outfield quite a number of times and it does its job very well.

it all depends where you will USE the tripod most often...
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Benro is one of the better tripod brands in China.

Like most decent good companies in China, when they just started they were just doing copies of branded models. Once they got good sales and got big, they got better. Now their products are pretty decent.

There is this small company in China (Guangzhou) now called KangRinPoche (website here http://www.kangrinpoche.com) that is making excellent ball heads. Their NB-2 cost slightly more than 400 SGD. Production run is also very limited. They design and make their own too, not much copying involved. Pro photographers in China swear by it and match the heads to Gitzo pods.
    Yes, I find my Kang Rinpoche NB3-B very easy to use and very hardy. Don't find many of it around as the reason given. But surprisingly good quality despite being made in China. I have no complains about my KangRinpoche Ballhead with quick release (B series).
    If I am not wrong, the only difference between the NB2 and NB3 (and NB1) is that the NB2 can take a higher load than NB3. Is that correct, daredevil123?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Yes, I find my Kang Rinpoche NB3-B very easy to use and very hardy. Don't find many of it around as the reason given. But surprisingly good quality despite being made in China. I have no complains about my KangRinpoche Ballhead with quick release (B series).
    If I am not wrong, the only difference between the NB2 and NB3 (and NB1) is that the NB2 can take a higher load than NB3. Is that correct, daredevil123?
    Yup. NB3 is smaller, lighter and has max load of 13 kg. The NB2 is one of Kangrinpoche's top model and has a amazing max load of 32 kg!! Eat that Manfrotto! China rules! Not to bash Manfrotto. I use Manfrotto too. My equipment is neither heavy nor expensive enough to warrant the use of a KangRinpoche or Markins ballhead. Markins is the more well known Korean counterpart of KangRinpoche. There is this movement now of small boutique high-quality ballhead manufacturers.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th August 2009 at 10:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12