Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera + notebook bag

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    the best price i can find, for Billy bags... way cheaper and better business-ethics than K-13 Marketing.

din't go to Max Photo though
    but i bet the price is around the same.

these are the three main authorised retailers in Singapore for Billy bags.
    I was quoted $480 for 335 and $515 for 445 just today by K-13 marketing. I was there just to check out what the fuss is all about billingham bags so did not really haggle. They do have an impressive collection though. The people are OK to me, unwrapping both the 335 and 445 for me to try out, entertaining my questions, and did not show any grudges when I said I needed time to consider.

The 335 front compartment is small, definitely will not fit my Thinkpad, but should be just nice for a 12" Mac. The 445 is really too big to my taste but will take in most laptops except probably those desktop-replacements and large screen types.

I went to X-boundaries prior to K-13, but they don't have any 335/445 bags there. However the person I spoke to was nice enough to offer to get it in within the next few days for me to check it out, but I didn't want to bother him doing that. I was offered 20% off the label price.

For comparison purposes in terms of how much gear it can swallow in the main compartment, I would think that the 335 is similar to the Domke J2/F2, while the 445 is to the J1/F1.

My impression of billingham bags ? The craftmanship is definitely there. The leather trimmings and brass fittings are a nice touch too but overall the design have that 'english' look, which you'll either love or hate. And I feel it's a little 'dandy' to my taste Still prefer the no-frills and easy access of Domke bags.

Just my opinion that I would like to share.

Have a mini-trekker... just changing lens is a bit troublesome..

Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    Have a mini-trekker... just changing lens is a bit troublesome..
    Have tried both the backpack and sling bag style. Am now doing sling for the camera/shooting gear and backpack for the computer & some accessories. Reason : better distribution of weight on human body overall, easy change of gear/lens. There is no need to get additional bags for me in this case as i can use back my domkes & any cheap/available backpack.

If it was a sling, the overall weight may break the shoulder/bruise, etc. Not healthy either.

If it was a backpack, body may be too think, hinderance to others at times.

Just sharing my encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by nicky
    I was quoted $480 for 335 and $515 for 445 just today by K-13 marketing. I was there just to check out what the fuss is all about billingham bags so did not really haggle. They do have an impressive collection though. The people are OK to me, unwrapping both the 335 and 445 for me to try out, entertaining my questions, and did not show any grudges when I said I needed time to consider.

The 335 front compartment is small, definitely will not fit my Thinkpad, but should be just nice for a 12" Mac. The 445 is really too big to my taste but will take in most laptops except probably those desktop-replacements and large screen types.

I went to X-boundaries prior to K-13, but they don't have any 335/445 bags there. However the person I spoke to was nice enough to offer to get it in within the next few days for me to check it out, but I didn't want to bother him doing that. I was offered 20% off the label price.

For comparison purposes in terms of how much gear it can swallow in the main compartment, I would think that the 335 is similar to the Domke J2/F2, while the 445 is to the J1/F1.

My impression of billingham bags ? The craftmanship is definitely there. The leather trimmings and brass fittings are a nice touch too but overall the design have that 'english' look, which you'll either love or hate. And I feel it's a little 'dandy' to my taste Still prefer the no-frills and easy access of Domke bags.

Just my opinion that I would like to share.
    Not exactly K13 chopped people... I personally know them, can get around 20%-25% off the label price...

I've just bought a Hadley Pro, original shoulder strap (cos it doesn't come with one), a side addon for small P/S cam or handphone for only $365 with Amex somemore... Don't believe, AJ23 can be my witness as he is the one who tempt me..

A slight breakdown of prices:
    i) Hadley Pro - $335 (listed price)
    ii) Leather Shoulder Strap - $60 (listed price)
    iii) Small side attachment - $85 (listed price)

A total of $480 and I paid $365 abt 25% discount...

Here's the trick, talk to the old man cos he is easier to negotiate... I really hate the younger chap (which is his son)... better still, talk to the older lady when both of the men (old & young) is not around... cos she is always quite blur on prices, add more items maybe can confuss her...

But one thing I do agree, Billy bags is quite costly!!!

Dagger, You are right. maybe I should still stick to my targus notebook bag and get a beltpack for the camera.. The Billy's look good... but too expensive..

Thinking of the Orion AW... http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/...ng/orionaw.htm
    can remove the daypack when I carry the notebook. And this can swing around to the front so I can change lens while standing..
    Last edited by willyfoo; 30th December 2003 at 01:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12