Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gitai or Benro tripod?

  1. #1

    Default Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Am thinking of getting either the Gitai Nomad travel tripod or the benro A250/A350. Travel alot thus wana get something compact.

    Which would you guys recommend?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Quote Originally Posted by kikham View Post
    Am thinking of getting either the Gitai Nomad travel tripod or the benro A250/A350. Travel alot thus wana get something compact.

    Which would you guys recommend?
    I did not use Gitai, but Benro should be fine. A350 is shorter when folded (4 section if not wrong), so suitable for travel, and should able to support up to 2.5 kg firmly. (though it claim to be able to support 4 kg)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    I am using Gitai Travel Tripod. 5 section. Changed to Pan ballhead.
    Quite good and sturdy. Enough to hold my equipments well (70-200mm lens, 580EXII flash with 5dMII)
    Its also quite lightweight and compact. 1.15kg folded to abt 40cm.

    Also depend on your preference for releasing the sections. Gitai is screw type, whereas Benro is clip type. Correct me if i am wrong.
    Last edited by playplay; 28th August 2009 at 08:42 AM.

  4. #4
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Get a Benro.

  5. #5
    Member nice1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Can consider Slik Pro 714CF II Tripod at S$283.00 also.

    Now Cathay Photo having promotion for this Tripod with feebies as link below :-

    http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/offers...14cf-ii-tripod

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Quote Originally Posted by nice1888 View Post
    Can consider Slik Pro 714CF II Tripod at S$283.00 also.

    Now Cathay Photo having promotion for this Tripod with feebies as link below :-

    http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/offers...14cf-ii-tripod
    Haiz. And I have to only see this offer AFTER I bought my manfrotto.

  7. #7
    Member nice1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Haiz. And I have to only see this offer AFTER I bought my manfrotto.
    Manfrotto is quality proven and you already own one of the good piece of tripod. So don't have to signed. Just that with S$283.00, I don't think you can get a Manfrotto CF type which is lighter and stronger. Just enjoy what you have and you are consider very lucky to own such a good tripod already. For me, I am still saving to buy one.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gitai or Benro tripod?

    Quote Originally Posted by nice1888 View Post
    Manfrotto is quality proven and you already own one of the good piece of tripod. So don't have to signed. Just that with S$283.00, I don't think you can get a Manfrotto CF type which is lighter and stronger. Just enjoy what you have and you are consider very lucky to own such a good tripod already. For me, I am still saving to buy one.
    I bought the 190xprob + 488rc2. It is quite heavy but very stable. Well it is not carbon fiber and heavy, so not good for travelling. Anyway, I bought it used so it was not expensive. Around the price of that Slik tripod I got the tripod and the ball head.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •