Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibition in Singapore?

Default Anyone interested in the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibition in Singapore?

27 Aug to 30 Sept 2009 at The Art House gallery at Old Parliament Lane.

This is the first time outside USA, the exhibition is held, I think.

http://www.livinglegacy2009.com/eng/

I hope this thread is not locked as I considered it as archaeology.

Default Re: Anyone interested in the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibition in Singapore?

oh yeah dead sea scroll - lots of evangelion fans will come and see

Yet to go there. Is photography allowed in the exhibition?

Probably going to find sometime to go see it. You don't get to see these things everyday!

I couldn't find any info about photography in there but my gut feeling is no (as usual).

looks awesome, thanks for sharing! shall go down to see it..

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    Probably going to find sometime to go see it. You don't get to see these things everyday!

I couldn't find any info about photography in there but my gut feeling is no (as usual).
    Most probably u're right...most exhibition like this will always have "No Photography"
    warning everywhere.
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

http://www.livinglegacy2009.com/eng/about.html

Stated inside their website --- Right at the bottom

" Please note that no backpack, bags, food, drinks, video camera and flash photography will be allowed in the exhibition halls"

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    http://www.livinglegacy2009.com/eng/about.html

Stated inside their website --- Right at the bottom

" Please note that no backpack, bags, food, drinks, video camera and flash photography will be allowed in the exhibition halls"
    can anybody confirm if they can hand carry (or hang on neck) dslr going in - since no bag allowed?

which means non-flash photography is allowed? I understand flash light might damage the artifacts...correct? Correct me if im wrong.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

If non-flash photography allowed...i sure go. Been inclined to go anyway.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

I just came back from this exhibition.
    Yes, able to bring in DSLR. and as stated NO FLASH Photography allow.

Sorry if I sound foolish... do any of you bring in a tripod or monopod?
    I am asking this because if they allow photography but without flash, then it would natural to assume that we need some stabilization.
    Or too crowded to allow tripod, but monopods can (like sports photography like that)?

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    I am asking this because if they allow photography but without flash, then it would natural to assume that we need some stabilization.
    Or too crowded to allow tripod, but monopods can (like sports photography like that)?
    Bring F2.8 or primes. The place is brightly lit. You can bring in tripod also. Just be considerate, think of your composition, then take a few quick shots.

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    I did not use a tripod or monopod. Be considerate to other visitors. I used a 35/f2 on my DSLR as well as a fujifilm PnS. Works fine as there is some form of spotlight on the exhibit.

Quote Originally Posted by rainwhisper View Post
    Bring F2.8 or primes. The place is brightly lit. You can bring in tripod also. Just be considerate, think of your composition, then take a few quick shots.
    Right. Thank you for the info!

Interested in this, but too bad my promos end only on the 30th afternoon. Sigh.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

wow sounds interesting
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post
    I did not use a tripod or monopod. Be considerate to other visitors. I used a 35/f2 on my DSLR as well as a fujifilm PnS. Works fine as there is some form of spotlight on the exhibit.
    I saw people using DSLR. I think Canon 5D MK II ISO25600 no need f2 lens.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    27 Aug to 30 Sept 2009 at The Art House gallery at Old Parliament Lane.

This is the first time outside USA, the exhibition is held, I think.

http://www.livinglegacy2009.com/eng/

I hope this thread is not locked as I considered it as archaeology.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Just like to point out, according to the website, it is until 20 Sept (not 30).
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Just like to point out, according to the website, it is until 20 Sept (not 30).
    20 Sept...meaning 1 week more only. Hurry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast