Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

  1. #1

    Default Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Hi,

    I'm in Wuxi now and is planning for a 2~3 weeks trip starting from Mid or late Sept.
    Target location:
    Tibet - La Sa (Will take the 10 hrs Qing Zang Tie Lu from Shanghai)
    Sichuan - JiuZaiGou
    Yunan - Ti Tian, Dali or whoever has any other suggestions.
    Abv are rough location. Have not detail out the area around these 3 places.

    Pls PM me if anyone is interested or available and let's plan together.

    Rgds,
    Lawlezz
    D700|SB900|Benro C257+B3
    24-70|70-300|50 f1.4D|105 f2.8|Sig 12-24|Rayx 150,250,202

  2. #2

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Hi

    I will be in Beijing mid sep, then over to sichuan for some travelling and will be in JiuZhaiGou by end Sep. JiuZhaiGou will be a very very scenic spot for travel photography. Do you have anything planned for JZG yet?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Quote Originally Posted by nostrovia View Post
    Hi

    I will be in Beijing mid sep, then over to sichuan for some travelling and will be in JiuZhaiGou by end Sep. JiuZhaiGou will be a very very scenic spot for travel photography. Do you have anything planned for JZG yet?
    Let's plan to meet for JZG trip together. I also dun know wat exactly to do there. I shd be there end sept. Most likely JZG for Sichuan then move on to Kunming, Dali and Titian...
    D700|SB900|Benro C257+B3
    24-70|70-300|50 f1.4D|105 f2.8|Sig 12-24|Rayx 150,250,202

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Might be better to see JiuZaiGou in Oct. Let the tree leaves yellow and redden a little more. But avoid the first and 2nd week of October if possible. That is possibly the worst time to travel as it is the golden week.

    There are so many places you can visit. Yunnan, in itself, has enough places for you to tour for 2 months. Another 2 months in Sichuan. What you need to do is to go buy some travel books. If you are in China, there are a couple of books that are really good and cheap. The books are like the yellow pages, and will cover routes, hotels and even eating. http://bookmall.com.cn/bookmall/serv...dno=1100269089

    Then you also need to get a couple more books for some specialized places, like a book for Yunnan, or Sichuna. And Internet is a very good resource. There are forums in www.ctrip.com, sina, sohou where backpackers share all their travel experiences. I did my research online for about 2 weeks for my Huangshan trip. Really helped me out a lot.

  5. #5
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Aiya, didn't read this thread earlier. Just booked a package to go Jiuzaigou on 17 Oct. Would be nice to be on free & easy so got more chance to shoot, but cos not sure of the place so better to follow the package
    Luckily the consolation prize I got is the golden period Not the golden weeks but the golden leaves in Jiuzaigou

  6. #6

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Might be better to see JiuZaiGou in Oct. Let the tree leaves yellow and redden a little more. But avoid the first and 2nd week of October if possible. That is possibly the worst time to travel as it is the golden week.

    There are so many places you can visit. Yunnan, in itself, has enough places for you to tour for 2 months. Another 2 months in Sichuan. What you need to do is to go buy some travel books. If you are in China, there are a couple of books that are really good and cheap. The books are like the yellow pages, and will cover routes, hotels and even eating. http://bookmall.com.cn/bookmall/serv...dno=1100269089

    Then you also need to get a couple more books for some specialized places, like a book for Yunnan, or Sichuna. And Internet is a very good resource. There are forums in www.ctrip.com, sina, sohou where backpackers share all their travel experiences. I did my research online for about 2 weeks for my Huangshan trip. Really helped me out a lot.
    I want to as well but not enough leave... argh. I'm trapped with having only a meagre 3 or 4 days for JZG. To date I have not booked accomodation or tours. Any recommodation of places where I can book a short JZG tour of 3 or 4 days? I went around to NATAs fair but I think the prices are not that much cheaper.

    My colleague also said 1st - 2nd week will be crazy as its the China national holiday. It will be for a period of 8 days, and there will be ALOT of shuffling of people from everywhere. Everyone except people in retail will be on leave and will be travelling all over *faint*

  7. #7

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Quote Originally Posted by nostrovia View Post
    I want to as well but not enough leave... argh. I'm trapped with having only a meagre 3 or 4 days for JZG. To date I have not booked accomodation or tours. Any recommodation of places where I can book a short JZG tour of 3 or 4 days? I went around to NATAs fair but I think the prices are not that much cheaper.

    My colleague also said 1st - 2nd week will be crazy as its the China national holiday. It will be for a period of 8 days, and there will be ALOT of shuffling of people from everywhere. Everyone except people in retail will be on leave and will be travelling all over *faint*
    Don't come during Oct 1 to Oct 8.. I have made a switch in my plan...
    Earliest set-off date : Oct 12th.
    1) Xi An - Hua Shan & Terracotta Warriors
    2) Lhasa - See see look look. Still reading what to do there
    3) Chengdu - Then JZG
    4) Kunming - Dali, Li Jiang then Yuan Yang

    3 & 4 may switch.. or move back to Chendu after Kun Ming before heading back to Wuxi.
    Any takers care to join?

    Rgds,
    Lawlezz
    D700|SB900|Benro C257+B3
    24-70|70-300|50 f1.4D|105 f2.8|Sig 12-24|Rayx 150,250,202

  8. #8

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    I have a trip from GZ-Kunming-Lijiang-Zhongdian aka Shangrila-Deqin.
    Back is via Deqin-Zhongdian-Lijiang-Dali-Kunming-GZ.

    Dates: Oct 18-30

    So far I have 4 pax in my group so if more join us, we can share car rental. This is purely a photography trip. PM me if anyone wants to join.

  9. #9
    Member LiuLangMao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlezz View Post
    Don't come during Oct 1 to Oct 8.. I have made a switch in my plan...
    Earliest set-off date : Oct 12th.
    1) Xi An - Hua Shan & Terracotta Warriors
    2) Lhasa - See see look look. Still reading what to do there
    3) Chengdu - Then JZG
    4) Kunming - Dali, Li Jiang then Yuan Yang

    3 & 4 may switch.. or move back to Chendu after Kun Ming before heading back to Wuxi.
    Any takers care to join?

    Rgds,
    Lawlezz
    location 1, 3-4days is good enough...
    location 2, at least 2weeks, must go to the mount E base camp....lots of the tour package nvr go there....waste of money if dun go there...
    if only go lahsa....near by can go namso lake....and yang hu....
    lcoation 3, JZG +huang long 4-5days will be good...
    lcoation 4 , easily 2weeks

    actually my suggestion is..dun be greedy trying to go as many place as possible....concentrate on 1 or 2 the max....all these location is NOT near to each other lor...and most of the beautiful tourist spot will normally take up 1 day to visits, any of the location can easily use it as a single trip of 10-14day...

    last time I took 21 days to travel from lan zhou to north & south xin jiang....i regrets being too greedy lor...shd have concentrate just on xin jiang....now I have to plan another trip to go back again...

    your timing is really good...should go JZG , huang long , er mei shan, and than fly down to kun ming/li jiang ..or travel via road thru ya ding, dao cheng , xiang ge li la....and than reach li jiang... from li jiang..u can branch out to many other places...there are some local tour package that u can make use of in li jiang gu cheng also....this one at least 2~3weeks....

  10. #10
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Hi all,

    Not too sure if this is the right place to post but I am going to JiuZhaigou,Huanglong,Hailuogou,Chengdu,Kangding over 9 days from 9th October with a package tour(golden week will be over...right?) Seems like a lot of seasoned travellers here, any travel tips is much appreciated.

    I am also hoping for some advise on if the photography gear i am bringing is adequate or am i missin some important equipment.

    1) Crumpler Pretty Boy XL backpack (cant find raincover for it, is it necessary?)
    2) Nikon D90
    3) Tokina 11-16
    4) Nikon 50f1.8

    Both lens are with UV filter. Are there any other filters i might need?

    I am aware that i am missing a zoom lens but not too sure if its critical as i still have not decide which one i will be gettin yet and i do not want to rush my purchase for the trip.

    Seek all your kind advise =)

    Thanks.

    cheers,
    kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    Quote Originally Posted by kilkenny View Post

    I am also hoping for some advise on if the photography gear i am bringing is adequate or am i missin some important equipment.

    1) Crumpler Pretty Boy XL backpack (cant find raincover for it, is it necessary?)
    2) Nikon D90
    3) Tokina 11-16
    4) Nikon 50f1.8

    Both lens are with UV filter. Are there any other filters i might need?
    I believe you are good to go maybe a set of ND would be good.

    I too going Yunnan around Nov, my set equipment
    - 24-70mm
    - 200mm
    - 10 x 8GB sandisk CF
    - tripod
    - Lee filter sets.
    - batteries

    HTH

  12. #12
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: Planning for 2~3 weeks in China

    I believe you are good to go maybe a set of ND would be good.

    I too going Yunnan around Nov, my set equipment
    - 24-70mm
    - 200mm
    - 10 x 8GB sandisk CF
    - tripod
    - Lee filter sets.
    - batteries
    Hi Longkangman,

    Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. Would you certainly are packing the cards! hahaha

    I am only bringing 2 X 8GB and a just in case 2GB as i will also be bringing my laptop. I will also be bringing a tripod for sure and 2 X batteries.

    Foremost in my shopping list is possibly a set of filter, for my UWA(77mm), but as i am not a filter maestro, can i check if i can just get a CPL(about ND4 right?) and use it to take pictures of like smoothening of the waterfeatures and bodies?

    Tks!

    cheers,
    kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •