Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Pictures

yeah bro. when i took the pic of the cat it was evening time
    sun going to set soon

Originally posted by Flare
    Oh... The off mode appears to be called Suppressed just switch to that.
    yeah there isnt any off flash
    only supressed and with supressed my shaky hands will get the whole pic screwed up.....

got any tips on handling cam?

A tripod. Hee hee...

Supressed won't fire the flash so the cam have to use a slow shutter speed. Camera shake becomes a problem. There are ways to allow you to hold a camera more steadily, but still it does not totally prevents camera shake. So the best is a tripod. But in some cases such as shooting the cat, the flash is the only way to avoid camera shakes and since a slow shutter isn't going to work, the flash is still the best choice.

Try to shoot at a shutter speed speed that is about 1/equivalent focal length in mm. Does your camera has handshake warning? Or try to shoot at a higher ISO to achieve a shorter shutter that will allow you to hand hold more easily.

my cam can set ISO meh?
    i dun tink so leh

how to set shutter speed speed that is about 1/equivalent focal length in mm???-----chim leh

anyway wat are the ways of holding a cam to lessen cam shake??

anyway for my cam once i turn on slow synchro or supressed flash mode the handshake signal will come out.....even if i left it on a table

The handshake warning, is just a warning... it tells you that you need a stable platform for the shot... it doesn't detect if you are shaking or not... hee hee... so if you know the platform is stable, just shoot.

ok say... You are shooting with a zoom lens of 250mm... You need at least a shuter speed of 1/250 or faster to minimize camera shake. Say at 35mm, you'll need around 1/45 seconds (no 1/35 seconds setting). Since your camera has the handshake warning, the camera is calculating this for you... one the shutter speed is below 1/equivalent focal length, it'll show to warn you.

Originally posted by siewsphone
    Kawaii neko desune.
    kowaii AVATAR desune

The handshake warning, is just a warning... it tells you that you need a stable platform for the shot... it doesn't detect if you are shaking or not... hee hee... so if you know the platform is stable, just shoot.

ok say... You are shooting with a zoom lens of 250mm... You need at least a shuter speed of 1/250 or faster to minimize camera shake. Say at 35mm, you'll need around 1/45 seconds (no 1/35 seconds setting). Since your camera has the handshake warning, the camera is calculating this for you... one the shutter speed is below 1/equivalent focal length, it'll show to warn you.
    though u say that the warning only tells mi that i need a stable platform to shoot?
    and doesnt detect if the cam is shaking anot?

Correct... so let's say you shooting at focal length of 105mm which would requires shutter speed of 1/125s (as a rule) to minimize camera shake. So let's say you are indoor and the fastest shutter you can achieve is 1/30 seconds. The Handshake warning will come up, jus to warn you. But let's say you have a tripod and the camera is on the tripod, the camera will still show the warning. But Since know that the camera is on a stable platform and camera shake won't be a problem and you can continue shooting, disregarding the warning.

the meow meow's kinda cute.

wooo who's the girl in ur avatar??

Correct... so let's say you shooting at focal length of 105mm which would requires shutter speed of 1/125s (as a rule) to minimize camera shake. So let's say you are indoor and the fastest shutter you can achieve is 1/30 seconds. The Handshake warning will come up, jus to warn you. But let's say you have a tripod and the camera is on the tripod, the camera will still show the warning. But Since know that the camera is on a stable platform and camera shake won't be a problem and you can continue shooting, disregarding the warning.
    sorry... i duno anything about this shutter speed
    since it is not stated on my cam i cant tell wat the speed is...
    i only noe the longest it can hold is for 0.5sec rite?

Originally posted by eadwine
    the meow meow's kinda cute.

wooo who's the girl in ur avatar??

Hmmmm... me not familiar with the cam as well... hee... Well, just use the hand shake warning as a guide loh...

okie
    how about tips on steady shot?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12