Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: More Pictures

  1. #1

    Default More Pictures

    sorry hor... newbie shots

    pls comment on how to improve them

    btw they are some of the best i can produce now


  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default

    for the first 2 pics, did you turn the flash on or auto?. Maybe you can try turning the flash off so that the shutter goes to the full 0.5 secs. Try it and see whether the pics turn out better. Like the cat pic, so cute.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    By the way, you'll need a tripod for long exposures.

  7. #7

    Default

    The neko shot was cute..
    but the 1st 2 shots seems to be under-exposed.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Hee hee... actually I feel that its a little over exposed... if the empasis is on the sky. If its trying to portaray a gloomy road... a lower perspective and a different angle will be better.

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by copland
    for the first 2 pics, did you turn the flash on or auto?. Maybe you can try turning the flash off so that the shutter goes to the full 0.5 secs. Try it and see whether the pics turn out better. Like the cat pic, so cute.
    flash is set at auto lor

    my cam like canot turn off flash leh
    can meh?

  10. #10

    Default

    the 1st two pic i duno how to describe leh
    but i find it werid

    anyway if like copland says turn off flash and use a longer exposure then i will need a tripod to take the cat>?
    my hands are shaky and cant take shots with long shutter lenght

  11. #11

    Default

    another way to 'off flash' is to cover the flash with a piece of tissue or your fingers, maybe.

    anyway, from what i have learnt from this forum is that those shots which requires more light(longer exposure period) i.e night shots will definately requires a tripod to prevent from handshake causing picture blurness.

    the cat pic can be taken at faster shutter speed if the light source is bright enough or you are using flash.

    correct me if im wrong.
    (thanks to goondoo, flare, tweek for their kind guidance!)

  12. #12

    Default

    i dun tink my disposable cam can let mi adjest its shutter speed

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    flash is set at auto lor

    my cam like canot turn off flash leh
    can meh?
    Thot you using Fuji2600? That is not a disposable camera.

    There is a button which toggles the flash modes e.g. red eye, flash on, flash auto, flash off. Set to flash off. Once flash is off, the camera will automatically set the shutter to the maximum 0.5 sec. Thats the best you can do in controlling the exposure.

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by copland
    Once flash is off, the camera will automatically set the shutter to the maximum 0.5 sec. Thats the best you can do in controlling the exposure.
    I should add that turning off the flash will set shutter to 1/2s only when there is not enough light for anything faster than 1/2s. In daylight, the camera will take at the appropriate exposure. Only when taking nightscenes for example, that the shutter will be set to 1/2s.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    370

    Default

    i tot the last 2 pics were well taken...... Very candid. love the 4th pic... The 1st 2 shots do seem underexposed. Would it help if u up the ev by 2-3 steps?

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by copland


    Thot you using Fuji2600? That is not a disposable camera.

    There is a button which toggles the flash modes e.g. red eye, flash on, flash auto, flash off. Set to flash off. Once flash is off, the camera will automatically set the shutter to the maximum 0.5 sec. Thats the best you can do in controlling the exposure.
    i dun see anything to switch flash off leh
    only got auto flash, red eye and others

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by kylelam77
    i tot the last 2 pics were well taken...... Very candid. love the 4th pic... The 1st 2 shots do seem underexposed. Would it help if u up the ev by 2-3 steps?
    forgot wat settings i used liao

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Hee, actually the top two quite nice, I like lah... hahahha.. maybe i'm weird... Ok, if you want to catch the sky and want the rest like a silhouette, try to set exposure compensation at -1 to -2... Right now, the sky is a little over exposed while the buildings are under.

    BTW, covering the flash will not work.. it'll results in under exposed images... this is because the camera is using a shorter exposure than require and hoping that the flash will light up the scene, if the flash don't it'll be under. The first cat shot is ok... The cat is fine, but the grass seems a little blue... maybe its in the evening and the flash didn't manage to spread the light nicely. The second cat seems a little over... maybe because you are too close to the cat... hee hee... It'll not be advicable to use a tripod and long/slow shutter for the cat... The cat will move and if its in the evening, that could be quite bad with shutter speed of maybe 1/2 or 1 second, the flash would be required...

    But then for other night shots, like scenery and stuff, tripod and long shutter will be better... there should be away to switch off the flash.... hmmm...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Hmmm yah yah....your camera should have 4 flash modes, Auto, red-eye reduction, Forced and Off... Just switch to the off mode and the flash will not fire.

    BTW, Forced means the flash will always fire.
    Last edited by Flare; 24th April 2002 at 02:30 PM.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Oh... The off mode appears to be called Suppressed just switch to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •