Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Continuation...

6) Trying macro performance on the DA55-300mm F4-5.8 lens@1.4m min distance..

7) Macro shots tryout 2

8) The red saga seeds..

Regards,
    Jay
    PENTAX K7,K3,DA55-300,DFA100WR F/2.8 Macro,DA18-135,Sigma 8-16,Sigma 70-200 APO EX DG F2.8 HSM II

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

decent..pity the DOF cannot get any lower..
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

wow Great lens...

A200 macro f4.

Just like this shot to share. Quite a clean background. Quite sharp and non PP adjustment.

marcus

A trip to Kukup, fishing village in JB Malaysia. Camera K200D and kit lens used for most of the shot. Only few with DA 35mm and Sigma 28-300mm.
    Welcome to drop by

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634579

Sharing some pics which I took with K-X + DA70mm F2.4. Pls give me your comments for things I can do to improve.

1) ZZZ...The news this week sure is boring... (ISO 200, F2.4, Extract Colour Filter)

2) This sign can say anything you want (ISO 200, F4.0)

3) The way down (ISO 200, F4.0)
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

4) Buildings (ISO 200, F4.0, HDR Filter)

5) An old photo (ISO 200, F4.0, Retro Filter)

6) Missus at Manly Departmental (ISO 400, F2.8)
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

My maiden strobist photoshoot.

K10D + Sigma 10-20 + YongNuo 460 Mark II + DIY bounce foam

Yep. Needs more work. Time to DIY myself a softbox...
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post

If you get one of those flash + umbrella holders ( http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=156 ) and a cheap $3 translucent No Frills umbrella (or a foldable one that is white inside) you get a hand holdable shoot thru or bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    If you get one of those flash + umbrella holders and a cheap $3 translucent No Frills umbrella (or a foldable one that is white inside) you get a hand holdable shoot thru or bounce.
    Actually, I was thinking along this line. Thinking of where to get cheap all-black umbrellas. Daiso? Line the insides with heavy white cloth, and voila!

Shot at 10mm? It's got the same feel like when animes do one of those scenes with wide angle, top down, and close up view (not sure if you know what I mean...). Though I don't think Bleach does that much. But unfortunately I must say, the distortion doesn't quite work for me here...
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Shot at 10mm? It's got the same feel like when animes do one of those scenes with wide angle, top down, and close up view (not sure if you know what I mean...). Though I don't think Bleach does that much. But unfortunately I must say, the distortion doesn't quite work for me here...
    Well, I haven't watched Bleach in years and took some creative liberties.
    After experimenting with UWA for portraiture, I find that distortion works better when taken from below. Long legs are better than long faces.

14-17mm works better top-down since distortion is somewhat controlled. But 10-14mm can still work provided there's enough "head-room" and your subjects being shorter than you.

Actually, I was thinking along this line. Thinking of where to get cheap all-black umbrellas. Daiso? Line the insides with heavy white cloth, and voila!
    Thanks for the link, looks very well done up.
    I'm too lazy to DIY. So I just improvise
    I've read using an umbrella and spraying it silver inside works as well, but I'm not too sure if it will flake off badly over time.

The shoot thru one I've posted before here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502435

I have a foldable umbrella which is silver outside and white inside. Works well enough indoors. Never had the chance to try it outdoors.

14-17mm works better top-down since distortion is somewhat controlled. But 10-14mm can still work provided there's enough "head-room" and your subjects being shorter than you.

Yah, agree. Somehow this pic works better.

After experimenting with UWA for portraiture, I find that distortion works better when taken from below. Long legs are better than long faces.
    i don't profess to know much about portraiture, but i did have some friends who shoot cosplay now and then - unlike the usual frowning upon on the big head syndrome from uwa, it seems to work sometimes in this particular field.

maybe you can give it a try sometime.

recent shots with k20d + kit lens II

this one's stitched, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i don't profess to know much about portraiture, but i did have some friends who shoot cosplay now and then - unlike the usual frowning upon on the big head syndrome from uwa, it seems to work sometimes in this particular field.

maybe you can give it a try sometime.
    i dunno about portraiture as well, i only know XMM...

anyway most might think it does work very well. The few odd balls like me just doesn't cut it... UWA portraiture can work but not these few unfortunately... anyway i only how to make a pretty girl pretty... so take it a pinch of salt
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    recent shots with k20d + kit lens II

this one's stitched, naturally.

how do u make the ppl disappear... its a pain for me to travel with hordes of tourist around...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    how do u make the ppl disappear... its a pain for me to travel with hordes of tourist around...

i think first thing is winter, a lot less people around than usual..

second thing is versailles had strike around that time, a week or two before, and it emo shut down. maybe a lot of the tourists didn't know whether they should go. when we were there the disneyland RER was on strike..

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast