Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 42944495253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1107

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    spoken like a true vehicle owner... taking train is actually an enjoyable novelty...

try squeezing on the train during peak hours with sweaty, irritating pple
    DC, me not train suaku lah!! i started taking train when there was only 5 stations and you actually had empty seats all the time. Thus, it is not the novelty of taking train but actually there were so many hip-looking XMM taking train nowadays.

In the 80s, we never have so many of these young and fashionable ladies on the train. maybe it is just the sign of time, ppl are more fashionable now. maybe like i said, it is just the weekend.

mod, sorry, abit OT here!
    shoot to remember. flickr

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    DC, me not train suaku lah!! i started taking train when there was only 5 stations and you actually had empty seats all the time. Thus, it is not the novelty of taking train but actually there were so many hip-looking XMM taking train nowadays.

In the 80s, we never have so many of these young and fashionable ladies on the train. maybe it is just the sign of time, ppl are more fashionable now. maybe like i said, it is just the weekend.

mod, sorry, abit OT here!
    ok lah... noted your explanation. i also old enough to take MRT when MRT terminated at yishun ok...

anyway, back to topic. i was reviewing some of my old pix and i wanted some advice / comments on composition.

i wanted to capture the whole cricket, but the feelers were very long... when i was taking the shot, i felt that the feelers were a part of the cricket that made it "whole", and more interesting... but including it means including the potentially messy BG as well.

obviously, its a very different cricket once we focus closer.

of course, one might argue that its more important to capture the best, or most important detail and it is really a matter of style and preference, no right or wrong answer but just wanted to ask fellow pentaxians here what's your preferred approach?

to make the discussion more focused, lets just consider 1:1 first... obviously, with tubes, TC, raynox, etc, the type of pix would be very different.
    Last edited by detritus; 14th September 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    ok lah... noted your explanation. i also old enough to take MRT when MRT terminated at yishun ok...

anyway, back to topic. i was reviewing some of my old pix and i wanted some advice / comments on composition.

i wanted to capture the whole cricket, but the feelers were very long... when i was taking the shot, i felt that the feelers were a part of the cricket that made it "whole", and more interesting... but including it means including the potentially messy BG as well.

obviously, its a very different cricket once we focus closer.

of course, one might argue that its more important to capture the best, or most important detail and it is really a matter of style and preference, no right or wrong answer but just wanted to ask fellow pentaxians here what's your preferred approach?

to make the discussion more focused, lets just consider 1:1 first... obviously, with tubes, TC, raynox, etc, the type of pix would be very different.
    good topic. anything big enough to fill a frame is not macro in a purist sense, close up maybe. for close up, subject isolation, bokeh, colour, lighting in important. example are bigger insects like crickets, butterflies, caterpillar, dragonflies, grass hopper etc.

for macro, go for the eyes or neck, even for big insects. lighting & dof control is important. for the cricket, you can go for a frontal shot. cricket has this smiling face like the joker in the batman series. i got a photo of that somewhere.

the above is my personal opinion and may not be technically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    good topic. anything big enough to fill a frame is not macro in a purist sense, close up maybe. for close up, subject isolation, bokeh, colour, lighting in important. example are bigger insects like crickets, butterflies, caterpillar, dragonflies, grass hopper etc.

for macro, go for the eyes or neck, even for big insects. lighting & dof control is important. for the cricket, you can go for a frontal shot. cricket has this smiling face like the joker in the batman series. i got a photo of that somewhere.

the above is my personal opinion and may not be technically correct.
    Yes, seefei, we are going to change your name to Seefu Generally true. Some may argue otherwise. Sometimes your personal preference or style of capturing.

Ok one to share. I tot this is nice, shot today. vivitar macro 105, dual flash lights, monopod.

six legged fly by luctomar, on Flickr

Picassa bump on highlights.

marcus

Wow, so many macro, awesome skill there. I tried with reversed lens M 50 1.7 but not very successful. So came back to normal photos.

Here are some taken from my vacation with K-x M 50 1.7. Really need some feedback to improve the photos please. Punch me HARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Yes, seefei, we are going to change your name to Seefu Generally true. Some may argue otherwise. Sometimes your personal preference or style of capturing.

Ok one to share. I tot this is nice, shot today. vivitar macro 105, dual flash lights, monopod.

six legged fly by luctomar, on Flickr

Picassa bump on highlights.

marcus
    nice shot of the LL fly. i have no luck with these beauties lately.

me no sifu lah. in fact everyone is my sifu. the wessex trip bear testament to that. i just missed the beautiful lighting, cute cat poses, vintage cars and wonderful close up that so many managed to see and captured. in fact, i will go back there and try to duplicate some of these shots one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post
    Wow, so many macro, awesome skill there. I tried with reversed lens M 50 1.7 but not very successful. So came back to normal photos.

Here are some taken from my vacation with K-x M 50 1.7. Really need some feedback to improve the photos please. Punch me HARD!!!

Here goes then.
    The vertical crop does not seem appropriate. The subject is mainly horizonal, so a horizontal crop may be better. The lit up 'arch' of the roof would be the point of interest, so I would have cropped in horizontal leaving the 'arch' in a thirds position or golden spiral position.

Just my opinion, so don't see it as being right or wrong

!!!

This type of shot would typically lead the viewer to the point of focus then trail off into the distance. There is not enough trail off in this shot. Probably better to go nearer the fence, so that more of the fence can be seen to disappear off into distance with the shallow DOF.

I did make use of my inability to go for the Sep Pentax outing to get some shots in the morn.
    The M85/2 does very well here imo even though its considered the of the Pentax fast 85mm.
    (I love mine a lot btw )

more here :
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762034

Those interested in taking shots there on Sunday mornings can always pm me and we can make arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    The M85/2 does very well here imo even though its considered the of the Pentax fast 85mm.
    and the cheapest one also

I did make use of my inability to go for the Sep Pentax outing to get some shots in the morn.
    (I love mine a lot btw )

more here :
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762034

Those interested in taking shots there on Sunday mornings can always pm me and we can make arrangements.
    Nice shot, JK.

marcus

Here goes then.
    The vertical crop does not seem appropriate. The subject is mainly horizonal, so a horizontal crop may be better. The lit up 'arch' of the roof would be the point of interest, so I would have cropped in horizontal leaving the 'arch' in a thirds position or golden spiral position.

Just my opinion, so don't see it as being right or wrong
    This type of shot would typically lead the viewer to the point of focus then trail off into the distance. There is not enough trail off in this shot. Probably better to go nearer the fence, so that more of the fence can be seen to disappear off into distance with the shallow DOF.
    Sensei, thank you verrrry much. Those are exactly the advices I am seeding for.

Nice shot, JK.

marcus
    Thanks. Just a lucky shot.

Sensei, thank you verrrry much. Those are exactly the advices I am seeding for.
    Just my opinion only.
    The gurus here probably have better comments

taken in my kitchen, no idea wats the name..
    but it's those super tiny insects that crowd around food that's slightly spoilt..

My first try shots of this insect,non intentional marco shooting but happen
    to bump in to this lovely pair at SBG.

Taken with K10D / A 50mm marco lens / pop up flash.

Shutter:180- Aperture F16-22- ISO 400

1st couple

2nd pair

Lonely you.............!
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post

taken in my kitchen, no idea wats the name..
    but it's those super tiny insects that crowd around food that's slightly spoilt..
    fruit fly. How come so huge? You cropped? or use raynox? Quite sharp though

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    My first try shots of this insect,non intentional marco shooting but happen
    to bump in to this lovely pair at SBG.

Taken with K10D / A 50mm marco lens / pop up flash.

Shutter:180- Aperture F16-22- ISO 400

1st couple

2nd pair

Lonely you.............!
    Nik, you are disturbing thier privacy

Shadows quite harsh. Nice angle though

marcus

fruit fly. How come so huge? You cropped? or use raynox? Quite sharp though

marcus
    yea.. cropped..
    used raynox on top of tammy sp90..

edit: 2 photos stacked..

ISO: 200, Exposure: 1/90 sec, Aperture: 11.0
    setup: vivitar 105, kenko 1.5x TC, metz 48 + DIY bounce card, diffuser.

found this katydid near singapore quarry (near dairy farm) today

very cute fella. this pic was my favourite cos it highlights the long, slender legs.

cropped:

more pix from this set can be found here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...14#post6512814
    Last edited by detritus; 18th September 2010 at 11:02 PM.

Hi, I took some photo of this Long-tailed Shrike today.
    For those that are against the sun, i noticed very serious purple color at the edges of the branch, beak etc.
    Quite sad when i see those photos.

Here is one that is not that serious, but still noticeable at the branches. I have some pics where the whole branch (the thinner one) is purple in color Can anyone tell me how i can prevent from getting such purple color again? Thanks