Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22742475051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1107

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i'm trying out something different

instead of going sharp, i decided to go the other extreme: soft

some PP to the background colours... intention was to make the flower in the middle stand out in a more "dreamy" background... like fairies in a grotto

can you see Tinkerbell between the petals?

taken with an SMC K 85mm soft.

like a cat whisker... something refreshing
    shoot to remember. flickr

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Hi All, I am still very new to photography and I am here to share my photo taken yesterday at Lower Pierce Reservoir. It is also my first time using a tripod to take a photo and it really helps alot, although the photo is not as sharp as I like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    Hi All, I am still very new to photography and I am here to share my photo taken yesterday at Lower Pierce Reservoir. It is also my first time using a tripod to take a photo and it really helps alot, although the photo is not as sharp as I like it to be.

To me,.. this is a great picture.. thanks

Great composition, nice colors and great image

marcus

not much of a landscape expert but the boulder at the bottom right seems like a distraction. overall, good attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    nice to dream sometimes.

testing diffuser on this little black flying insects? ID?

3 sept aug10k10 A200 002-2 by luctomar, on Flickr

Dual flash.monopod. The eyes is somewhere in the centre.

marcus
    not an easy subject to photograph & find. lucky catch.

found a strange one too at clementi woods this evening. size a mere 3-4mm. could not see the eyes until i cropped the image. looked like a nymph of the leafhopper family. first time trying out dual flash without the plate diffuser. using a flash holder arm and individual diffuser on flashes.

My kids acting in The Tortoise and Rabbit Race (Human version)
    My only chance of doing something close to Sports Photography.. LOL
    K10D + Sigma 17-70

On a lovely Sunday afternoon, brother and sister were having a nice stroll around the neighbourhood hand-in-hand, and having fun...

Brother: Hey Sis, let's have a race. Whoever reach Daddy first will win the race... I think I'll win!
    Sister: .....

Brother: Alright, I'll let you lead first....
    Sister: La La La.....

After realizing he had some distance to catch up....

Brother: Hey, Wait for me!

Last edited by mchew; 6th September 2010 at 12:32 AM.
    Marvin Chew my flickr
    Be Interesting, Be different!

Quote Originally Posted by mchew View Post
    My kids acting in The Tortoise and Rabbit Race (Human version)
    My only chance of doing something close to Sports Photography.. LOL
    K10D + Sigma 17-70

On a lovely Sunday afternoon, brother and sister were having a nice stroll around the neighbourhood hand-in-hand, and having fun...

Brother: Hey, Wait for me!

like this composition esp your boy's expression. the sigma 17-70 is very sharp.
    Last edited by seefei; 5th September 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Nice scenic shots. Good memorable time for me as I spend my honey moon there 20 yrs back. Was that the swan river that you captured. ? There was also a swan river cruise then and it winter time ie about sept when we last visited.

That for sharing.

marcus
    Thanks Marcus. yes, that was the swan river. Hope I brought back some sweet memories of your honeymoon 20 yrs back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jjynwa View Post
    Thanks Marcus. yes, that was the swan river. Hope I brought back some sweet memories of your honeymoon 20 yrs back then.
    Yes, I believe you were just in your teens then and now a handsome young man

8 sept kx 10 vivitar 105 002-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

Shot today with vivitar 105 with monopod. Vibrant colors of the robber fly/ dual flash used.
    uncropped, bump up some highlights.

marcus

Yes, I believe you were just in your teens then and now a handsome young man

8 sept kx 10 vivitar 105 002-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

Shot today with vivitar 105 with monopod. Vibrant colors of the robber fly/ dual flash used.
    uncropped, bump up some highlights.

marcus
    colour very metalic and surprised this lens can rendered it so nicely. must let me try if you are coming this sat. same as donald's copy?

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    colour very metalic and surprised this lens can rendered it so nicely. must let me try if you are coming this sat. same as donald's copy?
    young adult robberfly, vibrant colors.

Yes, same as donald's copy. Donald paid about 4xx and compare to voigtlander, vivitar is value for money for the colors it render.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    told u to just gimme a shout on Sat if u wanna try it

young adult robberfly, vibrant colors.

Yes, same as donald's copy. Donald paid about 4xx and compare to voigtlander, vivitar is value for money for the colors it render.

marcus
    WAH love the robberfly man! no cropping? u used ext tubes?

ha... boh pian... poor man cannot afford Lanthar 125 and A200F4

WAH love the robberfly man! no cropping? u used ext tubes?

ha... boh pian... poor man cannot afford Lanthar 125 and A200F4 [/QUOTE]

yes,with 33mm tube, not necessary good with tubes cos there is a loss of light/

vivitar 105 is good enuf, believe me. No need lanthar or A200. Reverse ring also can have very good image

I want to try someting light, maybe 55 mm macro

marcus
    Last edited by otc; 8th September 2010 at 10:51 PM.

yes,with 33mm tube, not necessary good with tubes cos there is a loss of light/

vivitar 105 is good enuf, believe me. No need lanthar or A200. Reverse ring also can have very good image

I want to try someting light, maybe 55 mm macro

marcus
    u dun just want to try "something". u seem to want to try "everything" as long as its macro-related.

Some of the pre-Moon festival in Vietnam, taken by K-x and kit 18-55 =)

Shot a few hours ago using K-x and Zenitar 16mm f2.8

cropped

my first try on stacking macro..
    not sure why results not that good..
    picture consists of 4 shots..

Haven't shoot bird for a while so went this morning, didn't expect to see and get a shot of the chestnut-bellied malkoha. The chestnut-bellied malkoha is the only surviving malkoha species in Singapore and has been listed as globally near threatened in the IUCN Red List.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    my first try on stacking macro..
    not sure why results not that good..
    picture consists of 4 shots..

Its the diffuser thing u need to improve on. Shadows quite dark.

marcus

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22742475051525354 ... LastLast