Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20354043444546475055 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

My god ... u guys are getting so good with Macro! How am I going to catch up!

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Bernard, You've sold off one of the best lens, voigtlander macro , still can lah. No need voigtlander. Any macro lens will do. Shoot and shoot.....dun give up but try and try and very soon graduate from Macro School of Hard Knock

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Keep shooting, over time you will automatic improve. A little out of focus, can be your camera shake or movement from spidey. Already good for a starter.

marcus
    is it recommended to use a much faster shutter speed for macro?
    i'm using around 1/100 to 1/180

and kx doesnt allow faster shutter speed than 1/180 when flash is turned on

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post

Not so much on 1/180. My max shutter speed is 1/100. Its the subject that is difficult to capture. Always moving and you have to be swift to capture spider. In macro at 1:1, when you want to trigger the shutter, hold your breadth for that split secs, ensure camera doesn't shake when depress shutte. Also when there is wind, its verydifficult to capture the subject.

Have some support, either a monopod or tripod....

Improve on harsh shadows beneath. Thats where I am heading now. , Practise makes perfect.

marcus

currently i'm stuck with popup flash, so i'll have to live with harsh shadows till i get a flashgun

and yea, today was windy and i couldnt get a single shot in the evening..
    btw, i've been doing the "empty the lung" for shutter release as i was in air pistol team.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    very good attempt. you have learned fast. there is some bushes near to the lily pond where you can find a lot of bugs. i found my "tumbling flower beetle" there. too bad the angle is not ideal.
    Ah icic! Thanks for the valuable tips!

Improve your lighting system/setup and you will reach the top soon!
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

Finally have a proper chance to try my FA 35mm

1) BFF

2) Is this how you feel at times?

Well, u got to balance. For me, I usually use f9 - f11. Some uses much smaller(unless u got a very strong external flash). I'm using built in flash with two diffusers. Shutter always at 1/125.

If the pic too dark, u can always play around wit the intensitiy of the flash. +0.5 or +1. or slow down shutter a lil bit. But somehow I think bumping up the ISO is not really recommended. Better stay at ISO100/200

Maybe try taking macro with monopod or a small tripod to get use to it. alot of macronians(sounds cool.lol) uses tripod & monopod.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

currently i'm stuck with popup flash, so i'll have to live with harsh shadows till i get a flashgun

and yea, today was windy and i couldnt get a single shot in the evening..
    btw, i've been doing the "empty the lung" for shutter release as i was in air pistol team.. lol
    On board flash can have good results with diffusers. Google for some others set-up.

When I was in the firing range those days, I practised a "Take a deep breadth" hold it and fire. Hey I was a marksmen then about 20 yrs back.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Well, u got to balance. For me, I usually use f9 - f11. Some uses much smaller(unless u got a very strong external flash). I'm using built in flash with two diffusers. Shutter always at 1/125.

If the pic too dark, u can always play around wit the intensitiy of the flash. +0.5 or +1. or slow down shutter a lil bit. But somehow I think bumping up the ISO is not really recommended. Better stay at ISO100/200

Maybe try taking macro with monopod or a small tripod to get use to it. alot of macronians(sounds cool.lol) uses tripod & monopod.
    DIY diffusers?
    any pics?

DIY diffusers?
    any pics?
    no pics with me. can be many types of diffusers u can make. Mine will be polyfoam. The white foam sheets they used to packing furniture. Can be many ways, u can research them urselves. Thats whats Macro is about

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    Finally have a proper chance to try my FA 35mm

2) Is this how you feel at times?

Yeah, thats how I feel at work. Like smacking all of them.

Yeah, thats how I feel at work. Like smacking all of them.
    don't we all sometimes

no pics with me. can be many types of diffusers u can make. Mine will be polyfoam. The white foam sheets they used to packing furniture. Can be many ways, u can research them urselves. Thats whats Macro is about
    thanks riscal~
    will do that~

NO need to catch up. just shoot and enjoy. we are all still learning.

Seefei, powerful picture! but how come the pic on the left near the ants leg were, one of the flies has its face blurred out? Like one super star son's that shouldnt be revealed. lol
    Thanks bro! cant catch that part on blurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Good capture...

This picture really depicts life..Just when you get hold of something good..many will appear to grab a share..
    Insightful comment. Thanks bro!
    shoot to remember. flickr

My try on morning shot.

K-x+Tamron 17-50+Tian Ya Blue Filter.

1)

IMGP7314-1 by Salleh, on Flickr
    wonderful moment!

26aug10k10 vivitar 90 051-1 by luctomar, on Flickr

today shot many shots with dual flashes with diffusers and seems to have lots of keepers.

I like the colors and shadows is kept to the minimum. PP with picassa to enhance highlight.

vivitar 105,same lens Donald just ordered Will not go wrong with this lens for macro.

marcus
    that seems like a heavy rig. but the end result is worth it.

Bernard, You've sold off one of the best lens, voigtlander macro , still can lah. No need voigtlander. Any macro lens will do. Shoot and shoot.....dun give up but try and try and very soon graduate from Macro School of Hard Knock

marcus
    Ya, I may live to regret that and buy it back again! Only this time it's the new 125 from Voigtlander!

Quote Originally Posted by eselite View Post
    Ah icic! Thanks for the valuable tips!

Improve your lighting system/setup and you will reach the top soon!
    It's a thin line between improvements of lighting versus portability. I cannot stand heavy setups. That's why I like See Fei's setup.

Maybe I'll just go get this -
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 27th August 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Ya, I may live to regret that and buy it back again! Only this time it's the new 125 from Voigtlander!

It's a thin line between improvements of lighting versus portability. I cannot stand heavy setups. That's why I like See Fei's setup.

Maybe I'll just go get this -
    the diffuser is too big and will scare away skittish insects. the edge will also brushes against leaves and branches.

I am developing an elbow sore that take longer and longer to go away. dont know whether i am having a macro-elbow.

for the moment i am limiting my accessories to just a $15 flash bracket, a monopod and the charkteow diffuser. to lessen the sore, i am carrying my rig on my left hand when i am not shooting. i saw Charlie setup and the end results which are good. maybe you can consider his setup also.
    Last edited by seefei; 27th August 2010 at 04:31 PM.

yea i agree that it's too big and will touch the leaves and scare away the subject..
    btw which is charlie's setup?