Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18333841424344454853 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    salleh, your set-up worked very well. nice and sharp.
    Thanks Seefei. Yah, luckily I realized my workplace throws away lots of those white polyfoam sheets. Got thick n thin ones. So I took some and cut it for Diffuser. Really works.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    hey flowepot, which lens?
    or no lens at all?
    what lens ???

ITS THE PERSON BEHIND THE CAMERA OK... give me any lens i can shoot... no need lens also can

burung pipit

did some birding during my last holiday in malaysia. found the f*300 too short, hence shelf the "birding" idea for some other day.

got this one and only one can make it shot to show. shot heavily cropped, denoised and sharpened.
    wah lao eh...make the bird smaller la... make ur bird so big () cannot see properly...

repeat of amk park outing? all buddies shooting one poor JS?
    We are quite nice to the JS, We bring the fellow to Macdonalds for TCSS ok...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    what lens ???

wah lao eh...make the bird smaller la... make ur bird so big () cannot see properly...

We are quite nice to the JS, We bring the fellow to Macdonalds for TCSS ok...
    certain thing you will enjoy more if it is bigger...

if i bring my pet fighting spider for your to shoot, bring me to McDonald also, can?
    shoot to remember. flickr

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    WAH! swee leh! love the blue colour!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Ken, DA*300 Close-ups really impressive.
    Thanks guys. Glad you like the pics.

i know you are a regular contributor to nature forum. post some here also lah. i am sure you can get a few fired up with your shots.

Ok, 1 birdie shot taken some time ago with DAL 55-300 @150mm, ISO3200, F4.5, 1/60s

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Thanks guys. Glad you like the pics.

Ok, 1 birdie shot taken some time ago with DAL 55-300 @150mm, ISO3200, F4.5, 1/60s
    I realized my 55-300 sharp till 250mm only. More than that not really sharp. Like this guy taken at 230mm

I realized my 55-300 sharp till 250mm only. More than that not really sharp. Like this guy taken at 230mm

Nice shot of the red breasted sunbird.
    If it's not on the messy leaves but open perch will be even better.

This lens is quite good, I find it @300mm is not too bad.

Oriental Magpie Robin shot at ISO3200

hi kengoh and riscal, usually wat min shutter speed u guys allow urself to use at 300mm?
    coz it's quite shaky for me..

hi kengoh and riscal, usually wat min shutter speed u guys allow urself to use at 300mm?
    coz it's quite shaky for me..
    Theorectically is 1/(focal length x crop factor) = 1/450s
    With SR enabled, I usually shoot at 1/320s

what if the lighting forces u to shooting below 1/320s?

what if the lighting forces u to shooting below 1/320s?
    Thats why Ken kept Bumping up the ISO. As for me, I just give up if I cant get it. Lol.

Kx is quite good for using birding as proof from Ken's Hi-ISO birding picture above.

Though I starting to prefer taking flower picture using 55-300mm due to its interesting bokeh.

Like this:

IMGP7303 by Salleh, on Flickr

And if its starts to rain, u can see the ripple bokeh. Can see the semi lining, that was ripple created by the rain.

IMGP7056 by Salleh, on Flickr
    Last edited by ricsal; 23rd August 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Nice shot of the red breasted sunbird.
    If it's not on the messy leaves but open perch will be even better.

This lens is quite good, I find it @300mm is not too bad.

Oriental Magpie Robin shot at ISO3200

Thats a good pic using at that high ISO. Anyways, the red bird I took is actually quite timid. Thats the best pic I think I could get it albeit those messy Fore/Background.

Thats why Ken kept Bumping up the ISO. As for me, I just give up if I cant get it. Lol.

Kx is quite good for using birding as proof from Ken's Hi-ISO birding picture above.

Though I starting to prefer taking flower picture using 55-300mm due to its interesting bokeh.

Like this:

IMGP7303 by Salleh, on Flickr

And if its starts to rain, u can see the ripple bokeh. Can see the semi lining, that was ripple created by the rain.

i gotta agree with this, my first love with pentax lens was with the dal 55-300 (well, i only have this and the kit 18-55)
    and it was with plants: a lot of greens and flowers..

it really stands out when u zoom in a lot..

birds aren't really my thing but since we're on the subject, just one to share

| F8 | ISO 800 | 1/60 |

i was shooting a spider right before this so didn't really have time to think... the bird flew off just as i was tweaking my aperture and ISO for another shot

cropped quite a lot

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    birds aren't really my thing but since we're on the subject, just one to share

| F8 | ISO 800 | 1/60 |

i was shooting a spider right before this so didn't really have time to think... the bird flew off just as i was tweaking my aperture and ISO for another shot

cropped quite a lot
    Can see that you are not ready to use the optimal settings, it's just too sudden.
    If you've used a wider aperture, the iso will be lower & you could have a cleaner bird with better bokeh.

Thanks riscal, you are right, usually I'll try to bump up the iso , if really bad then no choice have to give up the shot.

300mm taking flower shots is also not bad.

I love the bokeh too.

Can see that you are not ready to use the optimal settings, it's just too sudden.
    If you've used a wider aperture, the iso will be lower & you could have a cleaner bird with better bokeh.
    yah lor

wasted... thats why i dun shoot birds so much... its the other extreme of my regular camera settings

Thanks riscal, you are right, usually I'll try to bump up the iso , if really bad then no choice have to give up the shot.

300mm taking flower shots is also not bad.

I love the bokeh too.
    shot with DA*?

shot with DA*?
    Yes, using this lens.

based on the comments received in another thread..here's 2 pic to share share..taken with 12-24 with tianya filter on

converted the pic to b&w

also added 1 more pic here to share

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    based on the comments received in another thread..here's 2 pic to share share..taken with 12-24 with tianya filter on

converted the pic to b&w

also added 1 more pic here to share

bro, pic seems to lack contrast. think there is dust on your sensor. check left side of your b&w pic.
    shoot to remember. flickr