Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    If there is no extension tube or doubler, its cropped. Desmond where are you?

Ok, took some spidey today. Cropped 50 percent off. shot at maximum 1:1 magnification but that little one is too small mayb 3 mm in length but extremely friendly, allowing me to capture many shots. Monopod with flash and lens, voigtlander macro...

Sorry, just reached home not long ago only... I am here!

Nice capture there. To shoot at 1:1 magnification at that size. I really need something to stable the gear.

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    wow! nice moment!! you are one of the original sifus with the "staring ant".
    Thanks Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    The spider is about 1cm. As otc say, this shot is cropped. Want to go closer but obstructed by leaves and twigs

This insect is about 1.5cm and this shot is not cropped.

des, the insect originally is dark in colour. if desaturate to -20, can see the detail on the exo-skeleton.
    shoot to remember. flickr

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    At 2mm size, they may jump into your nostrils.

I can watch "KungFu Panda" to learn the "Flying Bee" & "Dragon Head" stunt.
    aiyah bro pentriot, you have so many good macro lens, come & join the fun lah!!

aiyah bro pentriot, you have so many good macro lens, come & join the fun lah!!
    I would to join the Great Pentax Macro shootout, but I may have to travel overseas in mid August. So I will include my name first.
    Pentax for Life

I would to join the Great Pentax Macro shootout, but I may have to travel overseas in mid August. So I will include my name first.
    Oh no! pls dun GOooooo...!
    Is time to show the power of your tele..Ma..
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Oh no! pls dun GOooooo...!
    Is time to show the power of your tele..Ma..
    Yalor! Can show my Crane stance (monopod)
    Pentax for Life

It is always rude to intrude someone's party uninvited but these fellas don't seems to mind. found these happy bugs behind an orchid petal

shot at ISO100, f20 & 1/125s with the in-built flash & plate diffuser. using bernard's raynox to shoot this, so there is a little more working distance.
    oh man See Fei, I've never seen this one before. Or those its eggs or are they eating another insect's? Would have like to see it in its original colours. Are they red like lady bugs?
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Inspired by the beautiful macro shots from the macro masters here, decided to pick up my K7 with DFA 100mm and head out to take some macros. Here's the shots...

there rest are here.
    Good capture Desmond. How do you catch these fellas eating their dinner? I have problem finding a spider still enough to catch let alone pose for you.

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    If there is no extension tube or doubler, its cropped. Desmond where are you?
    Ok, took some spidey today. Cropped 50 percent off. shot at maximum 1:1 magnification but that little one is too small mayb 3 mm in length but extremely friendly, allowing me to capture many shots. Monopod with flash and lens, voigtlander macro...

Second shot also cropped with max 1:1 magnification but second spidey is unique, awaiting for prey to appear. Managed a few shots and luvs the hairy, hairy face. took with flash n monopod. Cropped off about 50 over percent. Bump some highlight with picassa.

marcus
    Hi Marcu, All that cropping and the image so looks good. Like a dog with that doeful look. Luckily you are not the fly!
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

All the macro sifus coming for the major meet at Mount AMK. It will not be same without Sensei Ben.

if i may, change subject a bit

just posted the following in the land/city scape forum. appreciate if fellow pentaxians can also share c & c on how to improve such shots.

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 15.17 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 5.89 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 6.4 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

More from the same series

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 6.01 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 3.2 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 3.78 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

the last shot is my favourite. the final volley was launched from boats in the bay. i managed to catch the trail as it was fired into the sky

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 7.49 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    More from the same series

ISO: 100 | Exposure: 7.49 sec | Aperture: 11.0 | Focal Length: 18mm
    background hei oror. you must use the "dark clothe" method and mix with double exposure. one exp for the firework and one exp for the background. dark clothe cover the lens between exposure. google "how to shoot firework". nice attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    oh man See Fei, I've never seen this one before. Or those its eggs or are they eating another insect's? Would have like to see it in its original colours. Are they red like lady bugs?
    went back to the shoot location and found the bug again. this is the real colour. this shot is done in ISO100, so not much pp. so i think the colour is pretty accurate.

3.2 sec is too long for the firework and blownout is observed. but too short for the background. got to experiment. enjoy!
    Last edited by seefei; 1st August 2010 at 12:55 PM.

background hei oror. you must use the "dark clothe" method and mix with double exposure. one exp for the firework and one exp for the background. dark clothe cover the lens between exposure. google "how to shoot firework". nice attempt!
    COOL. thanks for the tip just googled and found info on this. will try next time.

des, the insect originally is dark in colour. if desaturate to -20, can see the detail on the exo-skeleton.
    Desaturating in itself will not increase detail.

Actually I beg to disagree. I think the exposures here are OK. Doing a double exposure is not a must. Instead of blindly following on what's found on the internet, best to do your own tests because every shot will have different variables even though it is a common subject like fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post

Actually I beg to disagree. I think the exposures here are OK. Doing a double exposure is not a must. Instead of blindly following on what's found on the internet, best to do your own tests because every shot will have different variables even though it is a common subject like fireworks.
    thanks for the guidance will probably do a combination of styles in my next firework shoot.

just take care of the background, the fireworks will not be over blown... its moving, use f8, 8sec...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

[QUOTE=istDeS;6359812]Inspired by the beautiful macro shots from the macro masters here, decided to pick up my K7 with DFA 100mm and head out to take some macros. Here's the shots...

Bro this is nice..
    PENTAX l OldKMan

It is always rude to intrude someone's party uninvited but these fellas don't seems to mind. found these happy bugs behind an orchid petal

shot at ISO100, f20 & 1/125s with the in-built flash & plate diffuser. using bernard's raynox to shoot this, so there is a little more working distance.
    Wow! reunion lunch ah...Good catch!
    PENTAX l OldKMan