Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I let logic rule over me for a very long time for this lens.
    What would 0.3 stop do?

Now I am a believer....
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...92#post6357092
    what is this? 50/1.2?
    shoot to remember. flickr

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

It is always rude to intrude someone's party uninvited but these fellas don't seems to mind. found these happy bugs behind an orchid petal

shot at ISO100, f20 & 1/125s with the in-built flash & plate diffuser. using bernard's raynox to shoot this, so there is a little more working distance.

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post

It is always rude to intrude someone's party uninvited but these fellas don't seems to mind. found these happy bugs behind an orchid petal

shot at ISO100, f20 & 1/125s with the in-built flash & plate diffuser. using bernard's raynox to shoot this, so there is a little more working distance.
    the colors looks funny leh ah fei...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i could not really see the colour of the real things as they were very tiny, about 2mm in size. didnt really play much with the colour during the pp. the orchid was very pale and in fact bump up the colour already. will check the file again tonite.

thanks for the c&c.

playing with filter? love the effect!

thanks.. but nope.. i was using CPL only..
    the effects are done in ACDSee..

Very cute leh.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Very cute leh.
    at this magnification, they sure look cutelah. but i had goose bump shooting these fellas!!

As always

Quote Originally Posted by maverickh View Post
    As always
    thank you2. but paiseh, dont say that lah.

just started seriously shooting after the hort park trip in june. still learning the "flying bee" & "dragon head" method from the sifus here.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post

Nice shot. The colors of the bugs is quite distinct from the background. DOF is just nice with some soft shadows. Your char-kway teow diffusers seems to work well.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    These are beautiful shots, Marvin. The composition is just .

The problem with these cheaper filters is you are never going to know what you are going to get. E.g. Tianya ones. Different batches different quality. I also get quite a bit of that, and I am not sure if it's really the Tianya filters or my lack of skills.

I am thinking really hard if I should just dump some money to get this Filter set from David Noton. It's a lot of money!
    Aiya! I just got a tianya gradual filter from OP the other day... haven't tried it yet... hope it turns out better than the ebay one.

Oh... the David Noton set is by Lee Filters, no wonder they are super expensive... pros swear by them... but I got no money
    Marvin Chew my flickr
    Be Interesting, Be different!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    personal opinion is that 1st pic seems slightly tilted?..i like 2nd pic...are these taken in Sg?

Ya in sg..... near to woodlands........ thks think 1st pic a bit tilted.

Inspired by the beautiful macro shots from the macro masters here, decided to pick up my K7 with DFA 100mm and head out to take some macros. Here's the shots...

there rest are here.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Inspired by the beautiful macro shots from the macro masters here, decided to pick up my K7 with DFA 100mm and head out to take some macros. Here's the shots...

there rest are here.
    question, how big is this little spidey in real life?
    and is this shot done at 1:1? or u could go closer?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    If there is no extension tube or doubler, its cropped. Desmond where are you?

Ok, took some spidey today. Cropped 50 percent off. shot at maximum 1:1 magnification but that little one is too small mayb 3 mm in length but extremely friendly, allowing me to capture many shots. Monopod with flash and lens, voigtlander macro...

Second shot also cropped with max 1:1 magnification but second spidey is unique, awaiting for prey to appear. Managed a few shots and luvs the hairy, hairy face. took with flash n monopod. Cropped off about 50 over percent. Bump some highlight with picassa.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post

there rest are here.
    wow! nice moment!! you are one of the original sifus with the "staring ant".

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    If there is no extension tube or doubler, its cropped. Desmond where are you?

Second shot also cropped with max 1:1 magnification but second spidey is unique, awaiting for prey to appear. Managed a few shots and luvs the hairy, hairy face. took with flash n monopod. Cropped off about 50 over percent. Bump some highlight with picassa.

marcus
    see this spider a lot in the main, didnt know it is so small. i have yet to meet one. nice capture!

at this magnification, they sure look cutelah. but i had goose bump shooting these fellas!!
    At 2mm size, they may jump into your nostrils.

thank you2. but paiseh, dont say that lah.

just started seriously shooting after the hort park trip in june. still learning the "flying bee" & "dragon head" method from the sifus here.
    I can watch "KungFu Panda" to learn the "Flying Bee" & "Dragon Head" stunt.
    Pentax for Life

see this spider a lot in the main, didnt know it is so small. i have yet to meet one. nice capture!
    Tks, seefei.

This one is like KungFu bowing down

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    The spider is about 1cm. As otc say, this shot is cropped. Want to go closer but obstructed by leaves and twigs

This insect is about 1.5cm and this shot is not cropped.