Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default creampuff goes birding

Had a chance to shoot these little Olive-backed Sunbirds today.
    K-7 with DA 55-300mm. All shots uncropped.

Link to photos here.

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Had a chance to shoot these little Olive-backed Sunbirds today.
    K-7 with DA 55-300mm. All shots uncropped.

Link to photos here.

Denis, how far were you from the birds?

Beautiful shots.

marcus

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

I spent 3D2N at Tanjong Pinang, Bintan Island about a year ago for a painting/sketching trip with members of Singapore Watercolour Society

Of course, I also squeezed in some time to take a few travel shots whenever I had the opportunity... Here are some keepers taken with my K10D + kit lens.

Friendly Tattooed Man

Offload

Burst of Golden Ray

Cruising

Siesta

I also did a few quick sketches and a couple of plein air (outdoor) paintings there, if you're interested, here's a full account of the trip in my painting blog.

Thanks for viewing.
    Last edited by mchew; 20th July 2010 at 12:38 AM.
    Marvin Chew my flickr
    Be Interesting, Be different!

Quote Originally Posted by mchew View Post
    I spent 3D2N at Tanjong Pinang, Bintan Island about a year ago for a painting/sketching trip with members of Singapore Watercolour Society

Of course, I also squeezed in some time to take a few travel shots whenever I had the opportunity... Here are some keepers taken with my K10D + kit lens.

Friendly Tattooed Man

I also did a few quick sketches and a couple of plein air (outdoor) paintings there, if you're interested, here's a full account of the trip in my painting blog.

Thanks for viewing.
    All are nice but my fav is still the B&W shot . You are doing wonders with the kit lens, i presume. again, your B&W is very well composed with interesting subject in the fore, mid and background. the balance in the high contrast scene is just superb
    shoot to remember. flickr

Denis nice attempt. slightly OOF and is there a lost of details in the shadow of the bird's feather?

a shot of the long leg fly at iHUB carpark yesterday evening. used a plastic plate (hand held) as diffuser with the K20D in-built flash. tamron 90 with no ext tube but got real close to the subject. shadow is less harsh but got a problem holding the plate and the camera

C&C welcome!

Aiyah, I rookie at birding mah... plus the bird got very dark feathers at the throat... blame the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post

a shot of the long leg fly at iHUB carpark yesterday evening. used a plastic plate (hand held) as diffuser with the K20D in-built flash. tamron 90 with no ext tube but got real close to the subject. shadow is less harsh but got a problem holding the plate and the camera

C&C welcome!
    The plate looks very effective.
    Maybe you can tape it or punch two little holes and tie a rubber band (just thinking otoh)

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Denis, how far were you from the birds?

Beautiful shots.

marcus
    Thanks marcus.
    All were shot pretty close.

[IMG]
    C&C welcome!
    Very nice colour. Well done!
    MF Film user. Nikon D800 works too.

I spent 3D2N at Tanjong Pinang, Bintan Island about a year ago for a painting/sketching trip with members of .....

Thanks for viewing.
    Very nice composition. Almost like a painting.

Thanks for sharing the link.
    MF Film user. Nikon D800 works too.

Great shots Marvin, your artistic bent has a perfect crossover in your lovely photographs.

C&C welcome!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionmystery/1456815382/

Those plates seems to diffuse the light evenly.

Seefei, great exposure and lightings. shadow is soft.

marcus

Here is some macro that I took using a DIY bounce card rubberband on Flashgun+ring light. Well, i managed to get some keeper. Taken with Samsung Dxenon 100mm macro.

1)

2)

3)

4)

Quite happy with it, the shadows seems a little lighter than before.

I made another DIY for testing, will post again if its effective or not. Find fun again in researching for Macro techniques. hahaha.just like ol'times.
    Last edited by ricsal; 20th July 2010 at 12:25 PM.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionmystery/1456815382/

Those plates seems to diffuse the light evenly.

Seefei, great exposure and lightings. shadow is soft.

marcus
    these plates are just wonderful! will try some more today.

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Here is some macro that I took using a DIY bounce card rubberband on Flashgun+ring light. Well, i managed to get some keeper. Taken with Samsung Dxenon 100mm macro.

2)

Quite happy with it, the shadows seems a little lighter than before.

I made another DIY for testing, will post again if its effective or not. Find fun again in researching for Macro techniques. hahaha.just like ol'times.
    nice series. keep shooting and posting.

Thanks for viewing.
    Ah, that explains the great compositions and eye for colour/tonality. Brilliant travel shots with an under-appreciated kit lens.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

All are nice but my fav is still the B&W shot . You are doing wonders with the kit lens, i presume. again, your B&W is very well composed with interesting subject in the fore, mid and background. the balance in the high contrast scene is just superb
    Thanks! Yes, these are shot using the kit lens although I brought along DA21 ltd, I hardly used it as the main purpose of the trip was sketching/painting so kit lens provides the versatility whenever I saw good photo opportunities... many people look down on the kit lens but it's the perfect tool for travel and street photography when you don't need a f/2.8. I have since upgraded to Sigma 17-70 as my all-purpose workabout lens for its longer reach.
    Marvin Chew my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkornos View Post
    Very nice composition. Almost like a painting.

Thanks for sharing the link.
    Thank you!
    Marvin Chew my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Great shots Marvin, your artistic bent has a perfect crossover in your lovely photographs.
    Thanks! I guess both painting and photography complement each other, and I enjoyed doing both
    Marvin Chew my flickr