Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 318232627282930333853 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Erm...Ben.. you sure you went there for work.
    Ya! Working with my gear.
    Pentax for Life

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

my pics are in the paper.
    Pics taken with Tamron 75-300mm + K20D with indoor lighting.

Really took a lot of failed tries but i think i found the formula that works for me and the K20D when it comes to high speed sports in such situations.

A month to go before cover SYOG, looking good.

edit. Just received word that my S.League pic is chosen as Photo of the Match.

I think tonight bring out family for big dinner.
    Last edited by Reportage; 1st July 2010 at 05:47 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Wow it must be great to see your photos in the paper

but the canon photo of the match ?!?
    Should have be pentax photo of the match !
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    but the canon photo of the match ?!?
    Should have be pentax photo of the match !
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    my pics are in the paper.
    Pics taken with Tamron 75-300mm + K20D with indoor lighting.

Really took a lot of failed tries but i think i found the formula that works for me and the K20D when it comes to high speed sports in such situations.

A month to go before cover SYOG, looking good.

edit. Just received word that my S.League pic is chosen as Photo of the Match.

I think tonight bring out family for big dinner.
    cool
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

Went "birding" in a highly controled environment.

See more here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721960
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Went "birding" in a highly controled environment.

See more here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721960
    I am imagining these eyes looking at me on a 24" mac! hahaha ... that's a good one!

Hi all,

A contribution from a fellow pentaxian who only used a k-x, a 12-24, a 50-200 and quite rarely the 50 1.4 for a trip to europe.

Having K-x is really useful, as it's low light capabilities are quite astonishing. What's better still, I really enjoyed having AA batteries instead for travel. You can get it anywhere anytime (maybe more expensive in the place you travel.

The Pentax wide angle offering is definitely easier to manage than the 10-20. At least the 20-24 is really useful for street and the infrequent portraitures upclose. And easier to manage if you aren't too good with post processing or too lazy with it.

The 50-200 which I see lots selling in the BnS don't know what a gem they have in their hands. Sharp, nice bokeh when used correctly, and conveniently light. The WR version is a notch better in terms of build quality. Everyone should have a copy of it.

Hope you like the pictures I have taken with a Pentax, and gives you an idea what it can do for you on travels for a week or 2.

This is the thread in Landscape/Travel section
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 3rd July 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Excellent shots, Bernard, especially this above one

So you went to Europe? That's really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Excellent shots, Bernard, especially this above one

So you went to Europe? That's really nice.
    Thanks, Bro. Receiving endorsements from Big Brother, is always so encouraging.
    Was to Europe for a while to attend an event in UK. If only I had a Pentax DSLR when I was in Europe years ago. Should have taken up photography much earlier.

Excellent capture Bernard. I wanted to go Paris in May but was too busy with work so didn't go at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Hi all,

A contribution from a fellow pentaxian who only used a k-x, a 12-24, a 50-200 and quite rarely the 50 1.4 for a trip to europe.

Having K-x is really useful, as it's low light capabilities are quite astonishing. What's better still, I really enjoyed having AA batteries instead for travel. You can get it anywhere anytime (maybe more expensive in the place you travel.

The Pentax wide angle offering is definitely easier to manage than the 10-20. At least the 20-24 is really useful for street and the infrequent portraitures upclose. And easier to manage if you aren't too good with post processing or too lazy with it.

The 50-200 which I see lots selling in the BnS don't know what a gem they have in their hands. Sharp, nice bokeh when used correctly, and conveniently light. The WR version is a notch better in terms of build quality. Everyone should have a copy of it.

Hope you like the pictures I have taken with a Pentax, and gives you an idea what it can do for you on travels for a week or 2.

Simply Fantastic

And a very good point about the 12-34. The 24mm end is highly useful for street shots compared to the widest end of the Sigma 10-20

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Hi all,

had seen your shots in paris recently. really good! didnt know you have the 12-24. thought of getting one also hehehe...
    shoot to remember. flickr

haha.. nice picture of the lourve..
    just went there 6 months ago.. massive gallery.. and mona lisa is so overrated.. lol

that aside, some of my virgin pentax photos taken at my dad's resort in johor..
    maybe next time can organise outing here for fellow pentaxian~

photos are taken with 55-300

Last edited by evolutioner; 3rd July 2010 at 09:50 PM.

and of coz the Helios 44k-4

Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    had seen your shots in paris recently. really good! didnt know you have the 12-24. thought of getting one also hehehe...
    Thanks, Kam Fei. mm... PM me, I may have something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Simply Fantastic
    And a very good point about the 12-34. The 24mm end is highly useful for street shots compared to the widest end of the Sigma 10-20
    Thank you again for your post in my thread. And thank you for your encouragement. Indeed (abt the 12-24), versatility helps.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Excellent capture Bernard. I wanted to go Paris in May but was too busy with work so didn't go at the end.
    Des, U have to go. Maybe after you furnish your new place.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    haha.. nice picture of the lourve..
    just went there 6 months ago.. massive gallery.. and mona lisa is so overrated.. lol
    Thank you. I like that picture too. But of course, I am also not aware if it's really ok, and encouragements from pentaxians tell me I may have got it right this time.

But I would have to disagree with you that Mona Lisa is over-rated. Of course, to have so many people crowding around a very small portraiture, is bordering ridiculous.

It's a little like what we are doing here with photography, it's really about who's behind the camera. You have to try to know what it meant, and what Da Vinci was trying to do with the portraiture, and I am pretty sure that's certainly not over-rated. ;-)
    Last edited by hjbyeo; 4th July 2010 at 12:18 AM.

haha, pardon me for my lack of understanding in art, i prefer spending 15mins carefully examining the huge painting hung directly opposite monalisa's
    it's a much more attractive piece of work to me..
    just my 2 cents~

Macros Gurus, Need you help. How to eliminate or soften the shadow on the Insect subject. I managed to do it on my Prosumer, that is after nearly 2yrs of rersearching. hahaha. Then now when using DSLR, the haunting came back! I actually bought a ring flash but still cannot. so now, I tried using External flash with ring flash together but seems, at certain areas will it dissapear, if not it will be prominent.

I saw in mass sale someone selling this two flash holder (left right) but is moveable. Thought of getting it if someone had uses it before.

Here is the pic of the shadows I encounter.

1)

2)

3)

4)
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Ricsal, maybe this would work?

http://renseblog.stellaria.nl/#post42

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Ricsal, maybe this would work?

http://renseblog.stellaria.nl/#post42
    Interesting...
    It might get better with a piece of white card placed over the end of the tunnel to diffuse the light and spread it over a larger area (like those DIY styrofoam noodle bowl ring lights)