Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627303550 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Taken behind a sealed window. Lowest cloud I ever seen.

Morning sky at Tuas. Clouds looked like cotton wool.

My work. That's not beer.
    K5, Tam 17-50, DA 50-200, FA 31, DA 70, DA 14

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

uncropped and PPwith picassa. took these with voigtlander macro and PKA extension tube with flash light mounted.

marcus

The power of the 50mm f1.2. All wide open. Notice the wonderfully shallow dof? Manual focusing is very fulfilling too.

The bowler

The coffee-maker
    '

The dash-board

I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    The power of the 50mm f1.2. All wide open. Notice the wonderfully shallow dof? Manual focusing is very fulfilling too.

The bowler

The coffee-maker
    '

The dash-board

Very the poisonous . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Very the poisonous . . .
    Wah, reply so fast? And the poison suay suay must kena you (i know that 50/1.2 is on your must-buy list). Ha.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Wah, reply so fast? And the poison suay suay must kena you (i know that 50/1.2 is on your must-buy list). Ha.
    Got a 1.4 to tahan the poison until I have enough funds to get the 1.2 (another 6 months to save)
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

The bowler

The coffee-maker
    '

The dash-board

AH nice.. But not good for the waller
    Should i continue my bid for the Porst 55 f1.2
    Can't afford the Pentax one.

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Got a 1.4 to tahan the poison until I have enough funds to get the 1.2 (another 6 months to save)
    Actually hor, 1.2 and 1.4 is like almost no diff one lah. 1.2 is just for boasting rights. But I had really enjoyed manual focus (The A series is now my favorite series) - you feel more in control and intimate with your camera (my k10d in this case - just love it). But anyway, jiayou!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    AH nice.. But not good for the waller
    Should i continue my bid for the Porst 55 f1.2
    Can't afford the Pentax one.
    Thanks ranchy! <; I think you may want try a A50/1.4. I believe its very close in performance to the 1.2. It's really not about the 1.2 but the feel of an A series lens, understanding its limitations, how it'll perform under various image distances and lighting conditions. There should be a great condition copy in Pentaxforums for some SGD400 (including shipping) (but caveat emptor, as I do not know the guy).

Thanks ranchy! <; I think you may want try a A50/1.4. I believe its very close in performance to the 1.2. It's really not about the 1.2 but the feel of an A series lens, understanding its limitations, how it'll perform under various image distances and lighting conditions. There should be a great condition copy in Pentaxforums for some SGD400 (including shipping) (but caveat emptor, as I do not know the guy).
    I have the A50mm 1.7, thinking of skipping the 1.4..
    Hmm.............. I must stop seeing lenses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    I have the A50mm 1.7, thinking of skipping the 1.4..
    Hmm.............. I must stop seeing lenses!!!
    ooh, tat's a pretty good lens as well. <:

Additional dosage:

Time is running out

Slow and Steady

ooh, tat's a pretty good lens as well. <:
    I think the difference between the 1.7 and 1.4 is marginal and exaggerated. Since you have the 1.7 already just stick with it! My A50/1.7 is still with a friend, gonna get it back soon!

Manual focusing is not easy at all, but when you nail the focus especially at wide apertures it's a damn shiok feeling!

Some from a recent concert with M50/1.7

eliminating shadows with twin flash using kirk macro bracket. both twin comes with self made al-cheapo diffuser.

original image and no PP done.

First sample shots and it seems to work to bring out the shadows in macro shots.

the set-back is when setting up the gear, often the flys or insects fly off.

The potential for great pics outweights those disadvantages. More nice pics to come

marcus
    Last edited by otc; 11th June 2010 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post

the set-back is when setting up the gear, often the flys or insects fly off.

The potential for great pics outweights those disadvantages. More nice pics to come

marcus
    so u got the bracket...
    i have been trying to get a compromise between mobility and stability... if i go for mobility, i compromise on my setup... if i go for better setup, i lost mobility as my setup is heavy, cumbersome and slow to setup... up till now i still dunno what's the best way... maybe all i need is just patience and let the bugs come rather i go look for them...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    so u got the bracket...
    i have been trying to get a compromise between mobility and stability... if i go for mobility, i compromise on my setup... if i go for better setup, i lost mobility as my setup is heavy, cumbersome and slow to setup... up till now i still dunno what's the best way... maybe all i need is just patience and let the bugs come rather i go look for them...
    Have to progress right? from mobility to better set-up. Stability is very important for macro and hence for my current phase of kirk macro bracket and 2 flashes with diffusers, it seems to offer better in eliminating shadows.

Its cumbersome and by the time you set up all those gear, the insects flew off. That is quite frustrating. Those making luv like stilt flies usually will be there for some time, Still bettter set-up will be the ultimate.

I have monopod that gives mobility or handheld. So with the kirt macro bracket, tripod is needed. its quite diffucult to handheld for these especially two flash.

A better set-up offers better opportunity for better pictures at the same time becos of the time lag in setting up the gear, you may lose an opportunity to capture that image itself ie insect may just fly off.

For me, its a progression, from monopod to tripod, from one lens to several macro lenses and now the latest, kirk macro bracket.

Also, I have tried different diffusers and now have aluminium can with poly........ infront to diffuse the lights and it seems great.

You still have to go round to look for opportunity to shoot. It won't fly to you living room for sure

marcus

may i ask how much does an averagely clean A50 1.2 cost?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    There may be afew new ones in Japan and they cost around 1.2k iirc .

But wait till the seniors ans
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    I think should be around $800 at least. I gotten mine from B&S for $750 in practically new condition and I was wondering why nobody actually stole the deal?! A lot of enquiries but nobody confirmed the deal. Even for $1.2k, this lens is worth every cent.

ah?
    1.2k is still worth the money for a manual lens?
    omfg.. then should i buy it?