Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion - Season 0

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Hi night86mare,is this the award winning picture taken by you?.
    hi, no, this one is similar, but different.

same location

Default Re: Photos taken by a Pentax camera for tech. discussion or links to your gallery pho

Got some free time on Sat afternoon so went down to Padang to watch the SCC soccer sixes tournament and take some photos.
    Nice to see ex Singapore national team players on the field also.

V. Sundramoorthy

Abbas Saad

more photos at the gallery here...

K10D-IR (modifed) + DA 16-45 dan DA 55-300

Pictures from my recent trip to Beijing . The Sigma 10 - 20mm was mounted on my camera 80% of the time.

The long road back ..... to the hotel ....

#2 Kitchen of a popular hot pot restaurant, somewhere in Beijing

This is what you can get from a Sigma 10 - 20mm

All photos taken with k-7. Photo below taken with Pentax M 50mm F1.4 at 1/8000

50mm F1.4 @ 1/500

taken with Vivitar series 1 105mm F2.5 @ F9 1/180 camera fill flash

taken with kit lens 50-200mm @ F5.6 1/50 ISO 800

kit lens 50-200 @ F5.6 1/100 ISO 800
    Last edited by chuanzuya; 17th April 2010 at 05:03 PM.
    www.creativelab.com.sg
    Pentax K-7 Fujifilm X-E1

50-200 @ F5.6 1/80 ISO 800

50-200 @ f8 1/125 ISO 1600

Sigma 10-20 F4 1/125 ISO 200
    Last edited by chuanzuya; 17th April 2010 at 05:05 PM.
    www.creativelab.com.sg
    Pentax K-7 Fujifilm X-E1

Wet morning at the Botanic Garden:

And I was walking and a suspending worm/pupa just appeared in front of me:

Both taken with Pentax K-x 18-55mm kit lens. And a cross-processed shot from the beach the other day - I love love love this function.

Link to my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovelyloey/

Some Extreme Photography Taken by K7+70mm

Canon 5D2, 1dmk2n, 24-70 L, 70-200 L, 50 1.8

Guys if you want to continue posting images here and discuss about them, please stick to the guidelines, if not I'll have to shut this thread down.

Thank you~
    sigh.

Just acquired a brand new Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Biometar 2.8/80 MC just now.....my first shot with it taken at f2.8

The Few...The PROUD...

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Guys if you want to continue posting images here and discuss about them, please stick to the guidelines, if not I'll have to shut this thread down.

Thank you~
    I kinda agree, most photos posted here are not really for tech discussion, or at least lack of discussion. We should stick to the guidelines (please see the first post of this thread).

If you really want to post photos (other than for tech discussion), please post them under appropriate gallery forums. Thanks guys for your cooperation and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I kinda agree, most photos posted here are not really for tech discussion, or at least lack of discussion. We should stick to the guidelines (please see the first post of this thread).

If you really want to post photos (other than for tech discussion), please post them under appropriate gallery forums. Thanks guys for your cooperation and understanding.
    I do agree there are lack of discusson or no discussion at all for photos posted in this thread.
    Could it be due to limited info beside indicating the camera and lens used for the photos?
    I'm not sure if including the EXIF information is possible in CS like in PF as in this link.
    http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-17732.html

Seen so many friends including myself here prefer showing off picture then discussion,
    why not we start a thread like other does??

Example: Blue / Green / red / yellow or Bokeh,bokeh & more bokeh.

I think thats really interesting, interesting & more interesting.
    Last edited by nik34; 19th April 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

I'm cleaning up on the other picture threads in the equipment forum as well.
    The bokeh thread is a weird exception at the moment due to the fact that there actually IS technical discussion regarding bokeh going on in that thread.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Loke View Post
    I do agree there are lack of discusson or no discussion at all for photos posted in this thread.
    Could it be due to limited info beside indicating the camera and lens used for the photos?
    I'm not sure if including the EXIF information is possible in CS like in PF as in this link.
    http://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-17732.html
    I think that the thing about posting pics up for discussion is that the person who posts the pic needs to initiate the discussion! That is one major point which is sorely lacking. As it is, most of the pics in this thread don't really have much technical discussion value. Just indicating the gear and settings used doesn't invite technical discussion. Most people who browse the this thread are not going to spend time looking at each pic, and think about what they can say about it, technically, artistically, or otherwise. Even for a very nice or interesting pic, it's probably just going to get a few one-line praises, or a question of what lens it was taken with. But if the owner of the pic gives more background regarding the pic, his own opinions, or some other interesting pointers to think about, it's much more likely to draw the kind of response that can lead to a discussion.

I think nik34 is right, most people (including myself most of the time) are just interested in showing off the pics rather than discussing them. And sometimes we're more keen to share among Pentaxians than the whole of CS. But since CS policies doesn't allow that, I hope we can at least keep this thread alive (or clean this up and start a new one) so that we can continue to put up links to our gallery threads, like a little notice to fellow Pentaxians to go take a look. And hopefully a couple of "teaser" pics will be allowed too.

Let's not make fengwei's job difficult. He one guy have to take care of so many of us...
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

I think all we need is a thread where Pentaxians can post their pictures - any pictures. It's really something very casual and random. People can post/view, say wow, or whatever. Sometimes people do not really want to create a new thread for a pic in the photo gallery sub-forums. I do not really see any harm done with such a thread and do not understand why such a purpose would contravene forum rules and policy. I used to enjoy posting and sharing my pics on that "show pictures by a Pentax camera" thread. But since that was removed, I had stopped posting altogether, not even in the photo-galleries.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    I think all we need is a thread where Pentaxians can post their pictures - any pictures. It's really something very casual and random. People can post/view, say wow, or whatever. Sometimes people do not really want to create a new thread for a pic in the photo gallery sub-forums. I do not really see any harm done with such a thread and do not understand why such a purpose would contravene forum rules and policy. I used to enjoy posting and sharing my pics on that "show pictures by a Pentax camera" thread. But since that was removed, I had stopped posting altogether, not even in the photo-galleries.
    Maybe we should have one in the picture subforums

"Show your flower and macros by a Pentax camera"

"Show your Landscapes by a Pentax camera"

"Show your portraits shots by a Pentax camera"

Hello fellow pentaxians.
    I have a difficulty in focusing the stigma of a flower.
    Am using K-x with kit lens, set to macro, 40mm, f7.1, 1/125, AF-center, center weighted and when i tried to focus on the whole flower, the stigma part was blur.
    How do i get the whole flower to be clear?
    Appreciate any help rendered.
    K5, Tam 17-50, DA 50-200, FA 31, DA 70, DA 14

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoo View Post
    Hello fellow pentaxians.
    I have a difficulty in focusing the stigma of a flower.
    Am using K-x with kit lens, set to macro, 40mm, f7.1, 1/125, AF-center, center weighted and when i tried to focus on the whole flower, the stigma part was blur.
    How do i get the whole flower to be clear?
    Appreciate any help rendered.
    Hmm, I'm not an expert but IMO, I think try to move back a bit and see if u manage to get it in focus altogether. then compose it and later crop it the way u want. Coz maybe u are too near for the lens to focus properly to get the whole pic.

My 2 cents
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Hi Ricsal. Thanks. I did move back abit but still could not focus.
    As you can see from the picture, there is a stem in front of the stigma and it was focused.
    I am thinking perhaps the stigma is too thin/tiny for the camera to detect as something contrasty.
    Hmm...
    K5, Tam 17-50, DA 50-200, FA 31, DA 70, DA 14