Thread: Singapore Photo Spots

Default Singapore Photo Spots

Hey guys, I'll be visiting Singapore for three short days this september to do some uni research. I'd like to explore singapore around on my free time and hunt for interesting photo ops.

I have my eye on the henderson bridge. it's such a beautiful structure, will def be photogenic.

I'll appreciate any other suggestions as to where the best place to shoot pics are. also, what sort of lens would be useful at the location. preferably accessible by mrt. thanks!
    Last edited by ngfoongwai; 24th August 2009 at 11:08 PM.

Default Re: Singapore Photo Spots

after refer to night86mare's thread, my summary will be
    1. If you like city space / architecture, start from Raffles place mrt, walk towards Singapore river, pass by Padang / City Hall building, cross to Merlion then Look for the esplanade building.

2. If you like nature, Botanical garden is more easily accessible. Of course there are other better place, but could be difficult to go by public transport unless you don't mind taking taxi. You may wish to refer to this website: http://www.gothere.sg/

3. Orchard (Orchard MRT). Singapore major shopping district.

4. Bugis (Bugis MRT), with some special architecture.

These are just my quick suggestion.

Just to add on, if you are at bugis, you can walk to little india too.

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    Just to add on, if you are at bugis, you can walk to little india too.
    little india's great for street shots

awesome. thanks for the tips people. so much to see, so little time.

maybe u wana try to go to pulau ubin for more landscape??

well i brought my friend from the states on this route:

little India - Raffles Hotel - war memorial - esplanade - Merlion - henderson bridge - Supreme Court.

it was a long walk but i do think along this route you cover most of the attractions around the city area. There werent the flyer then, and you could also pop by the boat quay area from there.

just a suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by ngfoongwai View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be visiting Singapore for three short days this september to do some uni research. I'd like to explore singapore around on my free time and hunt for interesting photo ops.

I have my eye on the henderson bridge. it's such a beautiful structure, will def be photogenic.

I'll appreciate any other suggestions as to where the best place to shoot pics are. also, what sort of lens would be useful at the location. preferably accessible by mrt. thanks!
    For old street architecture and street life (no, don't laugh) go to Geylang and the lanes off it. In the evening it's a notorious red light area. But during the day it's got some of the most interesting old shophouses, and lots of traditional temples, clan associations and etc. One of the best places to see 'old' Singapore. One day they will sanitize it into Chinatown-style Disneyfied sterility. Go soon!