Thread: Can this lens use on my Canon 400d?

Default Can this lens use on my Canon 400d?

Just won this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

The title states NEW Tamron 200-500mm F5-6.3 Di IF LD f/Canon 5D 50D XSi. However, never write about 400d leh. Can this lens be used on 400d?

Default Re: Can this lens use on my Canon 400d?

You hunt lenses without knowing whether you can use them on your camera?
    All modern Canon cameras share the same mount: EF
    All non-Canon lenses that comply with Canon EF mount specifications (usually labeled as "for Canon") can be used.

No lah, the person say can. But just to double confirm just in case the other side made a mistake. Anyway, quite a good deal compared to Alan Photo $1650 except you don't enjoy the warranty

With a 400D you can mount everything as long as there is a label "For Canon". Only with film cameras and digital Full Frame (5D, 5D2) you need to make sure you don't get EF-S or 3rd party lenses designed for cropped sensor bodies. Best to read lens descriptions of manufacturers, it's clearly stated there.

No lah, the person say can. But just to double confirm just in case the other side made a mistake. Anyway, quite a good deal compared to Alan Photo $1650 except you don't enjoy the warranty
    Do be wary of ebay though...You MAY or MAY NOT get what you paid for. It would be definitely safer IMHO to order through a reputable dealer overseas such as Adorama, Amazon or B&H.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    Do be wary of ebay though...You MAY or MAY NOT get what you paid for. It would be definitely safer IMHO to order through a reputable dealer overseas such as Adorama, Amazon or B&H.
    If he really gets the lens for that price and it's not a lemon he got a damn good deal. Even with all taxes and stuffs it's still > 1/3 cheaper. Let's hope the best for him, the seller's reputation looks ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai View Post
    I think you still get the international warranty?
    Also, there is a 14 days money back?

Yes for both

Btw the box has the below items.

* Tamron 200-500mm F5-6.3 Di IF LD Lens
    * Lens Caps
    * Lens Hood
    * Instruction Manual
    * Warranty
    * 7-Year MACK Extended Warranty

Must I get a UV filter for this lens since this lens lack a UV filter? Die die must get?

Quote Originally Posted by maisatomai View Post
    Btw the box has the below items.

* Tamron 200-500mm F5-6.3 Di IF LD Lens
    * Lens Caps
    * Lens Hood
    * Instruction Manual
    * Warranty
    * 7-Year MACK Extended Warranty

Must I get a UV filter for this lens since this lens lack a UV filter? Die die must get?
    There is no die die must get for UV filter, do a search on the many debates for putting UV filter (protection etc..) vs not putting (less ghosting, flares etc). Depends on what you are comfortable with.