Thread: Non-SLR Cameras/Videocams

Default Non-SLR Cameras/Videocams

Hihi,

I am going on a trip which I don't intend to bring along my SLR, so am thinking of getting a P&S with Videocam function to shoot videoclips of cultural performances etc.

Anyone could suggest where to get digital Point and Shoot / digital pocket sized videocams such that I won't get ripped off? I find that most of the usual shops selling SLRs (John3.16 etc) doesn't really carry that many P&S cameras.

Also, any suggestions for P&S with generally decent Videocam functions for around $500 +-?

Not sure if I need High Definition for Videos though. Is it over-rated, or can people really tell alot of difference?

Many thanks in advance!

Default Re: Non-SLR Cameras/Videocams

Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post
    Hihi,

I am going on a trip which I don't intend to bring along my SLR, so am thinking of getting a P&S with Videocam function to shoot videoclips of cultural performances etc.

Anyone could suggest where to get digital Point and Shoot / digital pocket sized videocams such that I won't get ripped off? I find that most of the usual shops selling SLRs (John3.16 etc) doesn't really carry that many P&S cameras.

Also, any suggestions for P&S with generally decent Videocam functions for around $500 +-?

Not sure if I need High Definition for Videos though. Is it over-rated, or can people really tell alot of difference?

Many thanks in advance!
    Why don't you wait for the IT show on september 10-13. It's more suited for your needs.

GMAN