Thread: IR-Shots on Sony F717

Question IR-Shots on Sony F717

I have just taken a photo with my Sony F717 by using Nightshot function (without additional filter). I saw some of the photos in other forums that they claimed the photos taken by IR (aka nightshot in Sony terms). How does one adjust the color/saturation/contrast or whatever in Photoshop to make the shot looks beautiful?

Hope some of you here can enlighten me. Thanks.

I would seriously recommand getting a IR filter if you plan to do IR shots. It should cost about S$40/- at MSC. Else the photos will turn out to be too grainy for any use. On top of that, use black tape to cover the 2 IR beams beside the lens of the 717.

As for PS, i just desaturate the photo into black and white. After that, you could always play around with paint and fill it up selectively with colours. Hope it helps.

Outside the Dry Box.

there is ways to play with it..
    currently there is 2 type of filters available to play with. there is more available overseas.
    1 is the 1000nm filter, GTS2 (u know where to get it)the so call xray. or the hoya RM90 (quite rare but still able to get)
    2 is the R72 hoya filter, it gives a lighter shade.

anyway, i use the 1000nm to take outdoor shots & the R72 to take indoor cos in outdoor, the 1000nm in bright daylight show better saturation, the R72 shows over exposure, but in cloudy day you might wanna use a R72.

if your picture appear to be grainy, you may wanna use a IR lamp to enhance the IR ray, but there will be a centre spotting.

need to play around to know which condition uses which filter. grainy pics mean the amount of light is insufficient.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.