Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snappers in the east

Default Re: Snappers in the east

Newbie here from the east.
    would like to join too....

Wooohooo! East-Snipers! im east too yaw!

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post
    Ok I'll check with Bro Good day mate and post the outing here. I might not be able to make but for the benefit of the new bros here......

Cheers!
    Hello conkeychua, I'm a brothers-in-camera wth GoodDayMate that form the East Shooters grp...Our moto is very simple: To take "pleasant" pictures - pictures that has a pleasant feel to the world around us because we love photographing!!

Wuld 21st Sept, a Monday & Holiday & fasting is over for Muslim...b a sutiable day for u to shoot? The grp is in the process of orginising an outing in Sept, however, no firm date yet...

Cheers^^
    Nikon D90/D800, 18-105mm VR, 70-300mm VR, 50mm f/1.4D; Tamron SP AF28-75mm f/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfAperture View Post
    Hello conkeychua, I'm a brothers-in-camera wth GoodDayMate that form the East Shooters grp...Our moto is very simple: To take "pleasant" pictures - pictures that has a pleasant feel to the world around us because we love photographing!!

Wuld 21st Sept, a Monday & Holiday & fasting is over for Muslim...b a sutiable day for u to shoot? The grp is in the process of orginising an outing in Sept, however, no firm date yet...

Cheers^^
    Hi Bro HOA,

I understand that that would be a long weekend and timing would not be stable. ( Will if we have a chance to meet up, maybe i can tell you more about my work then you will understand haha ) I would like to know about the venue and timing and believe me, the slightest chance for me to make it, i will.....!!

Will it still be posted in the Outing/Events section?

Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmere View Post
    So syiok see people go outings and all..
    Haha! I'm from East side and a newbie too..
    But I'm a bit shy to meet people..
    Dun worry bro, I also shy but am too interested to lean and know what i can do with my new sniper rifle with lens that i decided to leave the shy oneside first.....

Which part of the east you live?

Shy Shy stick together ahaha.

PM me if needed.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHornet View Post
    I'm interested. Please let me know next outing.

Mind I ask how you guys travel to the photo shoot location?
    Reason I ask cause I don't drive or ride.

Red, As far as i can see from the outing sections, the snappers has been very considerate to those taking public transport. All the places they suggested are usually very accessible via different modes of transport. So no worries about that.

For me i think the more worrying part is when i want to join the shoot out, DUNNO WHAT LENS TO BRING.... cause some of the lens that is needed, i do not have them yet....

conkeychua, why don't you organise one? There's no rule stating that the organiser has to be an "old bird", to use local slang.

As Adam said not too long ago, don't wait for an Indian Chief. Just bite the bullet and organise one!

Hi guys,

I would like to join also. Newbie here.I live in hougang.

your current setup already covers 18mm to 250mm..... what else do you need?

Large aperture lens are a luxury.. but not a necessity for most situations.

UWA and super tele are quite specialized, so not so much for everyday kind of shooting (unless the PG everyday go birding)

Unless you're talking about macro outing.. then maybe that's a valid concern.. but the 18-55 can give 0.3x magnification.. so can still "make-do" even if shooting small things.

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post

For me i think the more worrying part is when i want to join the shoot out, DUNNO WHAT LENS TO BRING.... cause some of the lens that is needed, i do not have them yet....

Joo Chiat is a nice place to take pictures. In fact saw some peeps shooting there last Saturday.

Of course East Coast Park for some actions pics especially at the new Extreme skate park.

Changi Village + broadwalk another nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee View Post
    conkeychua, why don't you organise one? There's no rule stating that the organiser has to be an "old bird", to use local slang.

As Adam said not too long ago, don't wait for an Indian Chief. Just bite the bullet and organise one!
    Well thats because im so new i do not even know where to go for shoot although i probably know where to go for coffee after that lah....... haha

Since that the case i shall start some suggestion for everyone to join then.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    your current setup already covers 18mm to 250mm..... what else do you need?

Large aperture lens are a luxury.. but not a necessity for most situations.

UWA and super tele are quite specialized, so not so much for everyday kind of shooting (unless the PG everyday go birding)

Unless you're talking about macro outing.. then maybe that's a valid concern.. but the 18-55 can give 0.3x magnification.. so can still "make-do" even if shooting small things.
    Well as quite a number of the outings that i see requires macro lens or wide angle ones, which i do not have. Being new i also do not know what are the downsides of join them but not having the required lens so decided not to take the chances....

Hey im from bishan, but ill be down anytime to join you guys in the east. Pretty much because i like to travel far out to new and unfamiliar places. The same old places get boring after awhile. Just throw me a pm if you guys are down for it anytime,

Hi All,

Im suggesting a meet up for the newbie's in the east for a short shoot out and a coffee session.

My suggestion would be either next tuesday evening or thursday evening but please suggest alternate time and day if required.

Some places as contributed in this thread:
    1) Joo Chiat
    2) East Coast
    3) Changi Village
    4) Pasir Ris Park or Chalet
    5) ???

Please suggest and also vote your preference.

For those shy newbie ......PM me if needed.

OLD BIRDS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO LEAD OR JOIN.

Cheers!

I'm east shooter. However I'm no pro. Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by reconn View Post
    I'm east shooter. However I'm no pro. Newbie.
    Hi Reconn,

So are we. this is just a " In house gathering session " for us to try out our new toy, share some knowledge and know some friends with the same new found interest. It might also turn out to be the worst outing you have in years to come cause we probably do not know much about our own camera for nuts..... or probably that's me only lah.

For me, sometimes 1 newbie following the rest of the regulars might get left out or something like that ( Don't quote me on this ) but looking at this thread, most of us seems to be as new so i guess it would be easier to mingle around....

( For those reading this, if you feel that you are of any standard better than a newbie, this post is not for you )

Cheers!

Hi ALL,

One of the bros here PM me ( Please feel free to do so ). No names to be mentioned cause he might be shy.....so you need to know who you are...

But please ensure that you mail box in CS is not full. There is a cap of 25 mail inclusive of recieved, sent and saved so that i can reply.

Cheers!

Why is everyone so scared of the more experienced guys? We don't bite. Maybe gnaw a bit at most. :P

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee View Post
    Why is everyone so scared of the more experienced guys? We don't bite. Maybe gnaw a bit at most. :P
    1)Eh cause the simple functions or simple way of taking picture is like the biggest step to us..... hehehe

2) We ask stupid questions.....

3)And ask.... and ask.... and ask......

hahaha

Am part of the East Shooter group went for last sat Kampong shoot, here's the link to my little contribution, please feel free to provide your comment

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565110

good to know that there are so many shooters in the east, looking forward to our next gathering

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast