Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: your own website

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Currently base in singapore
    Posts
    123

    Default your own website

    Hi, i'm curious for those who have their own website, i wonder you hire some one to design it for you guys or you guys DIY?

    If you hire some one how much will it cost?

    if you s DIY, where do you guys download the template?


    Hope you guys don't mind sharing =)

    cheer
    Canon 5D MarkII || Canon 430EXII
    Canon 17-40mm F4 L || Canon 100mm F2.8 macro

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: your own website

    DIY... free templates are everywhere... depend on you want your website to look... if not so fussy probably can find a template that suits you and just use it... else its quite alot of work to do it yourself...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  3. #3

    Default Re: your own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahugoreng View Post
    Hi, i'm curious for those who have their own website, i wonder you hire some one to design it for you guys or you guys DIY?

    If you hire some one how much will it cost?

    if you s DIY, where do you guys download the template?


    Hope you guys don't mind sharing =)

    cheer
    I DIY. I used to work for Macromedia so it's really not hard at all. I prefer not to use templates.
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: your own website

    Guys, can you share some tips, like where to start DIY?

  5. #5

    Default Re: your own website

    Quote Originally Posted by S T U D I O 0603 View Post
    Guys, can you share some tips, like where to start DIY?
    I suggest you start with a concept. Then get software like Adobe Dreamweaver. Then follow the dozens and dozens of online HTML tutorials, and the tutorials in dreamweaver itself (and on the Adobe website).
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: your own website

    Wow, sounds a lot of work Tks 4 the lead!
    Your friendly studio at 21 Moonstone Lane #06-03 Poh Leng Building328462 HP: 9183-4565, 9745-8142

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: your own website

    those mentioned is just the "design" aspect. There is still the backend of hosting and server stuff. Not difficult to understand if you put a little effort.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: your own website

    I DIY,

    you can
    sign up a hosting plan come with fantastico, than use a content management system like Wordpress, Joomla to do your own site. (paid, with own domain name)

    or use multiply, blogger (free site)

    these you can put your site up with minimum effort,
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: your own website

    you have few options here:

    1. use photohosting such as flikr, pbase, etc
    2. use photoblog software. PixelPost seems to be very popular. BTW it supports various skins and designs
    3. use photogallery software such as http://www.plogger.org/ or http://coppermine-gallery.net/

    Cheers,
    Max
    P.S. I DIY

  10. #10
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: your own website

    DIY using Notepad is the best way to go

    Templates and tutorials are widely accessible nowadays, just google them.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: your own website

    If you're on the Mac system, I strongly recommend Rapidweaver

  12. #12

    Default Re: your own website

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    sign up a hosting plan come with fantastico, than use a content management system like Wordpress, Joomla to do your own site. (paid, with own domain name)
    Any recommendations to a local company that does all these?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: your own website

    DIY, designed and coded from scratch using Photoshop & Dreamweaver. That's my bread & butter. LOL!

  14. #14

    Default Re: your own website

    im using a template based one because i think content is more impt.

  15. #15
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: your own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Any recommendations to a local company that does all these?
    so far I only use one local hosting company, and I have not try others, not sure am I the right person to recommend you anything.

    perhaps somebody already PM you about their hosting services.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #16

    Default Re: your own website

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    so far I only use one local hosting company, and I have not try others, not sure am I the right person to recommend you anything.
    No harm - so which provider are you using?

  17. #17
    webriq
    Guests

    Default Pro Template Design Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahugoreng View Post
    Hi, i'm curious for those who have their own website, i wonder you hire some one to design it for you guys or you guys DIY?

    If you hire some one how much will it cost?

    if you s DIY, where do you guys download the template?


    Hope you guys don't mind sharing =)

    cheer
    Hi,I found a site where CSS writers can win $1,000
    WebriQ, an online web content management software is soon to launch its Template contest. The company will award the best template design but also the best designed E-commerce site and the site with the most original content. The start of the contest will be on November 13th, but you can get a sneak preview of it already on http://contest.webriq.com.

  18. #18

    Default Re: your own website

    www.dphoto.com - you can make your own gallery, not really website, but its simple and looks cool.
    I refuse to List my camer@ equipment here.

  19. #19
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: your own website

    Talking about a website, I'm having a super tough time with Flash...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pro Template Design Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by webriq View Post
    Hi,I found a site where CSS writers can win $1,000
    WebriQ, an online web content management software is soon to launch its Template contest. The company will award the best template design but also the best designed E-commerce site and the site with the most original content. The start of the contest will be on November 13th, but you can get a sneak preview of it already on http://contest.webriq.com.
    you found it What a way to collect templates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •