Default An old camera of mine

Default Re: An old camera of mine

Are you selling it?

Woah! Interesting..

Looks like a speaker, haha.

How old is it anyway?

uh.. frankly speaking I have no idea how old it is..

another angle of it..

Last edited by silverfish; 24th August 2009 at 09:29 AM.

Looks like a well taken care camera of the 50s-60s. Many excellent pictures has been produced by photographers using this model ( 120 roll film format ), there is also a SLR 35mm format model. It has been coined as the poor man's Rolleiflex. I had known photographers who has submitted photographs using this camera to obtain their ARPS titleship.

These two pictures are well taken, though there appears some minor distortion.

Mine is a Yashica 635, double format camera which accept 120 roll film as well as 35mm cassette. Bought it for $50/= from someone who owns it but doesn't know how to use it.

wow an antique

Mechanical camera can be a piece of antique, yet still functionable but would digital camera do ?

Was told by a manager of a reknown camera store...his view on digital camera is...

Today's state of the art will become tomorrow's junk of the yard. Just look at the cellphone and one will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Mechanical camera can be a piece of antique, yet still functionable but would digital camera do ?

Was told by a manager of a reknown camera store...his view on digital camera is...

Today's state of the art will become tomorrow's junk of the yard. Just look at the cellphone and one will understand.
    poor digital.... long live mechanical cam..

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post

Totally agreeds. Mechanical camera with many hundreds of years past , still up and running.
    Canon EOS 70D
    Krisgage flickr

OMG
    my father wanted to give me a SEAGUL camera months ago
    holding my dSLR, i said "NO WHAY"
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

As this manager join the trade in the early 70s...one point he mention really makes me ponder...

Quote ;" last time all cameras and lenses can be Repaired, second hand cameras can be Reused, numbers of camera wastage thus Reduced.. which is more Eco-Friendly comparing the trend now is use and throw, no more repair, only Replace with new model. Totally against the green movement of Saving the planet Earth. " Unquote.

Hello friend, what's that reflection in the lens of the first picture, very intrigueing.

Smile Re: An old camera of mine

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    I got mine from Dalian (China), exactly same camera "Seagull" camera as you do but the condition is not as perfect as yours. The boss told me it cost around 200SGD for 2nd hand.