Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Rant time!! :D

  1. #1
    Deregistered rgy1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994

    Default Rant time!! :D

    wooop
    ok im getting annoyed at life so i'm going to have a little rant!
    and feel free to discuss the issues i shall henceforth raise... haha
    or even... post your own little rants to get a little steam off your head... its anger managment.. internet style!

    # 1 - Signatures...
    little pet peeve... but why do people seem to think its mandatory to post all the equipment you've got on your signature?? its not like anyones gonna go "DAMN MAN HE HAS 3 L LENSES MUST BE PRO (or rich)"

    # 2 - Speculations on rumours
    yes i know its a forum, and the idea is to discuss stuff... but getting all exciting and deciding the future of your current camera collection over a photoshopped image and a few rumours is a litttle sad you've got to admit..

    #3 - Over seriousness
    its wierd how seriously some people take themselves... i mean its a forum, people have opinions.. prepare to get bagged out... but take it like a man and then afterwards take a god damn chill pill!! no need to get worked up, google big words to use, then reply to the guy that might have accidentally put you down a little...

    #4 - sheer amount of "what should i buy threads"
    Theres a search button... your a member... do you see thy connection?

    mods if you feel this is stupid, by all means feel free to delete...
    lets "discuss" and "share our rants" go on... i know you want to..

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    my rant:

    i hate being a goat, my coat stinks after the rain.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    no one wants to answer my newbie corner questions!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    an ant peed on my foot today!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Aiyah, actually I noticed not many people are posting or starting new threads in CS nowadays.
    Traffic alot, but discussion topics not so much contributions.

    If members wanna post those threads you mentioned for discussion, then let them post lor.
    It's definitely better than having no new threads posting right? We must be inclusive, all is free to post whatever topics they like

    Just look at the 'rumour' and 'what to buy' threads, they are still people contributing in those threads.
    So as long as there are people who are willing to discuss these topics, it's for me.

    As for signatures, to each his own

  6. #6

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Well, nows-a-daze, many newbies turned pros very quickly. So, when they post a query, the are posting as a pro and not a newbie question.

    But those are the threads that usually provides the most excitement and entertainment

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    # 2 - Speculations on rumours
    yes i know its a forum, and the idea is to discuss stuff... but getting all exciting and deciding the future of your current camera collection over a photoshopped image and a few rumours is a litttle sad you've got to admit..
    There is this rumour about the new Nikon D700 being made from my favorite chocolate sponge cake with sugar topping.

    You can eat it after finish shooting.

    The news is Nikon has been bought over by a cake factory called Fuku.

    Last edited by Sion; 23rd August 2009 at 11:18 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    I suspect that photo is photoshopped from a real D700!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    There is this rumour about the new Nikon D700 being made from my favorite chocolate sponge cake with sugar topping.

    You can eat it after finish shooting.

    The news is Nikon has been bought over by a cake factory called Fuku.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Wow new D700 loooks like it comes with an inbuilt lens!

  10. #10
    Member Linnl71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    East area
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    I only hope TS is not unhappy with my signature...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    wooop
    ok im getting annoyed at life so i'm going to have a little rant!
    and feel free to discuss the issues i shall henceforth raise... haha
    or even... post your own little rants to get a little steam off your head... its anger managment.. internet style!

    # 1 - Signatures...
    little pet peeve... but why do people seem to think its mandatory to post all the equipment you've got on your signature?? its not like anyones gonna go "DAMN MAN HE HAS 3 L LENSES MUST BE PRO (or rich)"

    # 2 - Speculations on rumours
    yes i know its a forum, and the idea is to discuss stuff... but getting all exciting and deciding the future of your current camera collection over a photoshopped image and a few rumours is a litttle sad you've got to admit..

    #3 - Over seriousness
    its wierd how seriously some people take themselves... i mean its a forum, people have opinions.. prepare to get bagged out... but take it like a man and then afterwards take a god damn chill pill!! no need to get worked up, google big words to use, then reply to the guy that might have accidentally put you down a little...

    #4 - sheer amount of "what should i buy threads"
    Theres a search button... your a member... do you see thy connection?

    mods if you feel this is stupid, by all means feel free to delete...
    lets "discuss" and "share our rants" go on... i know you want to..
    i would like to rant about your over seriousness in the signature part

  12. #12

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i would like to rant about your over seriousness in the signature part

    That's a pretty good point. Come to think of it, his rant #3 sort of contradicts #1, 2 and 4

  13. #13
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    .. how come those working in the afternoon shift starts going to work during the morning rush hour clogging up the roads and highway...... sighz.
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  14. #14

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    .. how come those working in the afternoon shift starts going to work during the morning rush hour clogging up the roads and highway...... sighz.
    That's because the afternoon shift people wanna avoid the jams when the night shift people start going to work in the afternoon

  15. #15
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    That's because the afternoon shift people wanna avoid the jams when the night shift people start going to work in the afternoon
    ... Oh dear....
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    #4 - sheer amount of "what should i buy threads"
    Theres a search button... your a member... do you see thy connection?
    I can't understand this too.

    Basically all cameras are just black boxes with a hole in the middle.

    Why wate time needlessly aganizing over it?

    I envisage a day when we just walk inside a camera shop and tell the shopkeeper:

    "Give me a camera."

    He just parcel up one with brown paper and tie a string over it and give to us.

    It is that simple.

  17. #17
    Deregistered rgy1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Rant time!! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    That's a pretty good point. Come to think of it, his rant #3 sort of contradicts #1, 2 and 4
    fair point... how so?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •