Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 133

Thread: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

  1. #61

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by privacy79 View Post
    Should be 1/10 or 1/15 and ISO 1600
    do u even know what the settings, 1/10s, 1/20s, f4, iso3200 means n how they contribute to the overall exposure? pls DO put in the effort to read and learn before coming here thinking that we have the perfect 'formula' or setting for u. also pls do not think that the BRAND of the camera is the reason behind the underexposed pictures. if u have tat mentality u will end up buying canon mk2 or even nikon d3. N STILL wont be able to get a good picture.
    A DSLR is not a magic tool. it requires the effort of the person to maximise its powers.
    PLEASE READ AND LEARN.

  2. #62

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by FusionMist View Post
    I used to use D60, it's a great cam to begin with. I thought I could still get quite decent looking photos with it. These 2 shots here is taken with my D60, handheld and no flash.

    http://fotologue.jp/fusionphotography#/8753110/9103105
    http://fotologue.jp/fusionphotography#/8753110/8842387

    Experiment with all kinds of setting and play around, keep shooting and it should work! =)

    Cheers,
    Jay
    Nice pics Fusion. You handheld at exposure of 1/2 and 1/3?
    Sorry...dun mean to doubt you...was just looking at the info specs. And curious.

  3. #63

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    simple.

    since i doubt you understand any single thing we are saying, do as follows:

    1. Set to Auto Mode on your dial.
    2. Aim.
    3. Shoot.

    Flash will go off, Shutter speed will be fast enough to freeze motion, and slow enough for the background to be exposed a bit.

    and btw, your friend's pict and your pict.

    main difference is that his has FLASH and yours DOES NOT.
    okie, btw all those photos are mine not my fren

  4. #64

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    I would really suggest the TS to start shooting with P mode with the internal flash first, to learn the rope. Once you are comfortable with it, you can then venture into using A or S mode.

    Btw, please leave the EXIF data in the pics, as those data will let us see the settings for the shots, and in turn help spot any errors that you'd made.
    bro , wat is EXIF and TS(me)?? sure will try out P mode

  5. #65

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by FusionMist View Post
    I used to use D60, it's a great cam to begin with. I thought I could still get quite decent looking photos with it. These 2 shots here is taken with my D60, handheld and no flash.

    http://fotologue.jp/fusionphotography#/8753110/9103105
    http://fotologue.jp/fusionphotography#/8753110/8842387

    Experiment with all kinds of setting and play around, keep shooting and it should work! =)

    Cheers,
    Jay
    Thanks bro, nice shot...can advice wat setting to be use during night shot? is it adviceable to buy 18-200mm lens and 50mm/1.4 lens?

  6. #66

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by choy0014 View Post
    do u even know what the settings, 1/10s, 1/20s, f4, iso3200 means n how they contribute to the overall exposure? pls DO put in the effort to read and learn before coming here thinking that we have the perfect 'formula' or setting for u. also pls do not think that the BRAND of the camera is the reason behind the underexposed pictures. if u have tat mentality u will end up buying canon mk2 or even nikon d3. N STILL wont be able to get a good picture.
    A DSLR is not a magic tool. it requires the effort of the person to maximise its powers.
    PLEASE READ AND LEARN.
    sure thanks...

  7. #67
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by privacy79 View Post
    bro , wat is EXIF and TS(me)?? sure will try out P mode
    Yup TS = thread starter = you.

    EXIF is the data embedded inside you JPG pic and it contains all the shooting parameters, like shutter speed, aperture, flash, metering mode, shooting mode, etc. When resize in PS, if you use "Save for Web", check that the metadata is set to "All" otherwise the EXIF data will be stripped.

  8. #68

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Yup TS = thread starter = you.

    EXIF is the data embedded inside you JPG pic and it contains all the shooting parameters, like shutter speed, aperture, flash, metering mode, shooting mode, etc. When resize in PS, if you use "Save for Web", check that the metadata is set to "All" otherwise the EXIF data will be stripped.
    but "save for web " can oni save when using photoshop right??

  9. #69
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Yup. Not sure what editing software you're using; I was just assuming you're using PS. If you're using other software, just make sure the EXIF data is not stripped when you save.

  10. #70

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    okie, thanks bro...

  11. #71
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    No worries. Just remember the rule of thumb for shutter speed is 1/focal length. So if you're shooing at 50mm focal length, then you should at least use 1/50s or faster shutter speed. Make it a habit to always check the shutter speed and aperture before pressing the shutter release. If the light is too dim and the shutter speed drops below acceptable level, shot with your flash. Pushing the ISO too high is not the way to go as it introduce noise, unless you're using cameras with good high ISO performance like the D3 or D700. In your case, ISO3200 is definitely pushing the limit of your D60. The reason why Nikon calls it "ISO HI" is simply because the sensitivity of the sensor is no longer linear but flattening out, and Nikon can no longer guarantee it to be 3200. I personally won't exceed ISO800 with my Fuji S5, unless I absolutely need to.

    Cheers and have fun learning/shooting.

  12. #72

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    No worries. Just remember the rule of thumb for shutter speed is 1/focal length. So if you're shooing at 50mm focal length, then you should at least use 1/50s or faster shutter speed. Make it a habit to always check the shutter speed and aperture before pressing the shutter release. If the light is too dim and the shutter speed drops below acceptable level, shot with your flash. Pushing the ISO too high is not the way to go as it introduce noise, unless you're using cameras with good high ISO performance like the D3 or D700. In your case, ISO3200 is definitely pushing the limit of your D60. The reason why Nikon calls it "ISO HI" is simply because the sensitivity of the sensor is no longer linear but flattening out, and Nikon can no longer guarantee it to be 3200. I personally won't exceed ISO800 with my Fuji S5, unless I absolutely need to.

    Cheers and have fun learning/shooting.
    it means that if i shoot 50mm length the shutter speed will need to ajust 1/50 or below, so wat if i use the lenth of 150mm? and if night time have to use the built in flash right? but wat if i use aperture mode , wat is the tink i have to look for?

  13. #73
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    With 150mm you'll need 1/150s according to the rule of thumb. Remember you'll also need to include the crop factor. So if you zoom to 50mm and you're using DX camera (which D60 is), you'll need to use 1/(50*1.5) = 1/75s. Similarly for 150mm, it should be 1/225s or faster. Try to shoot with P mode first, which will ensure your flash sync speed to be between 1/60-1/200s, and let the camera select the aperture. Shooting in A mode will be more complicated as you now need to take note of the relationship between aperture, sensitivity and flash range (page 179 of your D60 manual).

  14. #74

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    With 150mm you'll need 1/150s according to the rule of thumb. Remember you'll also need to include the crop factor. So if you zoom to 50mm and you're using DX camera (which D60 is), you'll need to use 1/(50*1.5) = 1/75s. Similarly for 150mm, it should be 1/225s or faster. Try to shoot with P mode first, which will ensure your flash sync speed to be between 1/60-1/200s, and let the camera select the aperture. Shooting in A mode will be more complicated as you now need to take note of the relationship between aperture, sensitivity and flash range (page 179 of your D60 manual).
    Sure , will start with P mode and S mode..
    I wanted to buy 50mm f1.4 lens, is it that only AFS and AFI?

  15. #75
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?


  16. #76

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Thanks bro

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Your D60 will not be able to AF on the AFD lens. If you want AF, you can only use AFS lenses.

  18. #78

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Your D60 will not be able to AF on the AFD lens. If you want AF, you can only use AFS lenses.
    Thanks . got it bro

  19. #79
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Oh that's correct. Forgotten that he is using a D60.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: How to make nice shot using my D60 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by privacy79 View Post
    Thanks . got it bro
    don't tell me you bought the d60 without understanding that it doesn't AF with AF-D lens?
    the lack of AF motor is not really a problem for me since it can be solve by AF-S and sigma HSM lens but the 3 AF points is a bit limiting in low light conditions...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •