Thread: Copyright cases ...

Default Copyright cases ...

where to report copyright infringement in Spore? Couldnt find on the search engines. is there any websites to refer to ?

thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    thanks ... have sent them email for enquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    where to report copyright infringement in Spore? Couldnt find on the search engines. is there any websites to refer to ?

thanks
    You don't actually report copyright infringement per se. What happens is that if for example you saw one of your photographs being used by someone else then it is your job to inform the other party that they are using a shot that you own the copyright to and they are to either cease using it, pay a fee, acknowledgement etc or you will institute legal action against them.

Legal action gets very costly very quickly and involves lawyers, going to court and so on. However you will win in most cases.

In the case of commercial copyright/trademark infringement such as pirated goods the police are the people to talk to or the local anti-piracy and trademark protection agencies.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    IPOS is just a regulatory body for copyrights, tradmarks and IPs.

For infringements, you have to look for a lawyer.

icic .... !!!

thanks for ur input, anyway i'll just wait for the reply from IPOS and see wats next.

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    icic .... !!!

thanks for ur input, anyway i'll just wait for the reply from IPOS and see wats next.
    They will say they do not provide legal advice...... btw, for copyright case, I think you have to take a private summon against the potential infringer, you will have to prove beyond doubt he/she has infringed your copyright. No one can help you protect your copyright other then yourself.

vince123123
    Guests

well it could also be on the balance of probabilities

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    They will say they do not provide legal advice...... btw, for copyright case, I think you have to take a private summon against the potential infringer, you will have to prove beyond doubt he/she has infringed your copyright. No one can help you protect your copyright other then yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    well it could also be on the balance of probabilities
    wah .... chim ...... me english no so good leh.....