Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is the right time for a camera purchase?

Default Re: When is the right time for a camera purchase?

Advise to decide whether to get ur camera after u POP...a frenz of mine....bought it before enlisted... after he POP, he still kanna those "book out on Sat, book in on Sun" situation hence, he didn't touch his camera for 9 mths plus!!!....

Conclusion... for the 1st 3 mths of BMT...u won't have much energy to ejoy ur camera on wk end coz u will b spending time slping and washing clothing at home...lol

after POP, must depend which vocation u kanna...if kanna commando etc...(u will b shooting Gun more than shooting Camera)....

so...it depends on how u analyse ur NS situation...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrr View Post
    hello,

Im new to this, been reading and saving up quite a bit to get my first DSLR. However, I'll be enlisting soon, only 19yrs old.

Want to seek advice, do you think it is a sensible investment to get the camera now so that I can start picking up the skills read, or would I be so tired that I am unable to utilise the camera for the next 2 years?

Wondering how other people wld feel abt this; especially if people have been through the same phase. haha. Been contemplating quite a bit.

thanks.
    tell ur officer u only interested in camera, must allocate u into the media division... then get to use and learn from there... good luck...
    life is but a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterrr View Post
    I guess we all don't NEED a camera but photography is a hobby, a passion, a way of expressing yourself and indulging yourself!
    That's contradicting. You will need a camera, otherwise your passion is limited to looking sad as sunsets passing by without being captured, great moments passing by unrecorded .. and in the end your passion might slow down. If you are passionate about it then it doesn't matter much when you buy it. Passion will take care about it that you use the camera. Even if it's just during the short weekend from the camp.
    But if it's indulging for you (here in forum also called "being infected with BuyBuyBuy virus") you better stop here. There are better things to indulge than spending money on consumer electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by watsup View Post
    get it after NS... u wouldn't be using it most of the time so no point also. just my 2 cents
    If one's have the passion for anything be it photography for now, I guess you will definitely prioritize your time for it. No offense, cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12