Thread: Animal Abuse in America

Angry Animal Abuse in America

I'm not too sure if this kind of thread is allowed in CS, so if it has to be removed then my apologies to the mods for troubling them.
    I'm posting this on behalf of my friend and also to spread some awareness about the petition.

If you're free please take sometime out to read this article [link] about a Petland employee in America who is facing charges for drowning two rabbits from the store and then taking pictures of herself holding up the dead sodden rabbits. What makes it even more disgusting is that she then posted up that picture on her Facebook profile.

Here's a snippet of what she wrote on her page: "The manager took the pic for me. She reminded me that there were people outside as I was swearing at them (the rabbits) to just hurry up and die but then she was so kind as to take this picture."

The Petition site has put up a petition urging the courts to punish this woman under the full extent of the law. If you agree that she should be punished, please sign it here: [link]

Whatever your feelings about petstores, breeders, shelter animals, farm animals or just animals in general, this isn't the place for it. I'm not writing in order to start a discussion or debate. Animal abuse occurs in all shapes and forms and in every country but at least something can be done to punish the person responsible for this particular incident right now, there are many cases that go unnoticed, unreported and uncared for.

Thanks for reading

Default Re: Animal Abuse in America

Well..... sadly there are 'Sick' people where ever you are/go. And not forgetting, people who Kill other people for fun (Serial Killer), Killing people in the name of God..... etc
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 20th August 2009 at 09:35 PM.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Thats true.
    Hopefully people will sign the petition.
    For me what I feel is that its one thing to put animals out of their misery.
    But do it in the most humane way possible.
    I feel that the drowning is way too overboard already.

This is a sad story but it's not anything attributed to any one country. People all over the world have always been cruel to animals. That's the way it's always been and how it's going to be for a long time. Some people abuse animals because they don't realize animals have feelings as well, even if they do know animals have feelings they don't care because it's more convenient not to care. Animals can't can't talk and cant communicate if they suffer so people often take out their frustrations on them. Every minute of every day there is untold suffering and abuses done to animals but most people just turn a blind eye. People can't even be bothered to consider the feelings of their own neighbors family and friends often times, let alone begin to think about the animals.

Here's one I read recently from China. There are countless stories like this all the time.

http://www.chinasmack.com/pictures/k...other-kunming/
    Last edited by sayjaibow; 21st August 2009 at 08:25 AM.