Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

  1. #1

    Default Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    I need help on this. I'm organising my first solo back packing and i chose Australia and New Zealand. Originally was planning to just hit New Zealand straight but discover the air tickets to reach there is around 1.2k. Not very willing to spend too much on air tickets.

    Further search, i discover jetstar do fly from Singapore to Sydney and i can arrange another flight from Sydney to NZ which might be cheaper base on the air tickets($150++) with all the tax in.
    As such, since i have not been to sydney before, i thought of visiting there for maybe few days before i get another flight out to NZ.
    I do not have problem with NZ as my relative stays there and i have been there twice..

    Is this advisable?

    Or is there other alternative i can reach NZ directly but at a cheaper rate?

    Sorry, i have never been to Australia before, so not too sure if there are any sort of airport restrictions etc on this. I presume my return flight would be in a similar method(NZ-Sydney-SG)...but i wish to know, if i do not exit the airport on my return trip, do i still need to pay aust airport tax?

    Oh, i have like 18 days of leaves to clear so no worries on wasting abit of time there.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    Sorry Mod, shld be choosing Oceania instead of Misc

  3. #3

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    just remember not to bring any food/chinese medicine.... my Po Chai Pills got confiscated...
    May good light follow wherever you go

  4. #4

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    Quote Originally Posted by burningacid View Post
    just remember not to bring any food/chinese medicine.... my Po Chai Pills got confiscated...
    Oh...ok noted.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    just check and think its very time consuming to fly to sydney since jet star does a transit at darwin before reaching sydney.

    alternatively is to fly to bali and fly straight to auckland(provided there is a flight), price wise, almost similar..maybe slightly cheaper. If that is the case, i think might skip aust since my priority was NZ.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    The best way is SQ fly to NZ, because Australia Airport is hight, also the currency exchange rate, end up the expenditure are more in the airport tax and the flight time. and now is not the good time to go Sydney, winder/ Spring time can be quite wet and more rain.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    Quote Originally Posted by K S Kong View Post
    The best way is SQ fly to NZ, because Australia Airport is hight, also the currency exchange rate, end up the expenditure are more in the airport tax and the flight time. and now is not the good time to go Sydney, winder/ Spring time can be quite wet and more rain.
    Yes bro, understand that but isnt there other alternative to fly to NZ at a cheaper rate?
    Was planning to go in May next year.

  8. #8
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    Check out for cheaper airfares eg by thai airways who were throwing all in airfares under 1k plus you get a stopover @ bangkok, fyi new zeland isnt exactly a very cheap place so yeah, you may not enjoy it fully if your on a budget cause a 10k feet skydive cost NZ220 at least, or you could try the Zorb which starts from 50NZD, Overnight at the mount cook region is pretty expensive too

  9. #9

    Default Re: Australia Sydney ~ New Zealand Auckland

    Quote Originally Posted by hetfieldpaul View Post
    Check out for cheaper airfares eg by thai airways who were throwing all in airfares under 1k plus you get a stopover @ bangkok, fyi new zeland isnt exactly a very cheap place so yeah, you may not enjoy it fully if your on a budget cause a 10k feet skydive cost NZ220 at least, or you could try the Zorb which starts from 50NZD, Overnight at the mount cook region is pretty expensive too
    i don think i will do skydive...but more of scenic travel and photography travel...
    thanks for the tips bro.... will check the airline

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •