Thread: The timer feature

Default The timer feature

Will the timer function help, when it comes to taking night pics? I mean if we mount the cam on a tripod, then focus, then press the button fully, then wait for the cam to shoot (eg after 10 secs), if there is some slight movement (when pressing the button fully) ... will the pics be blur? I am considering a remote control (for my C5050) but read somewhere that if using the remote, the cam will focus again (despite the fact that I focus it prior to pressing the remote).

Anyone with experience can help explain?

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Will the timer function help, when it comes to taking night pics? I mean if we mount the cam on a tripod, then focus, then press the button fully, then wait for the cam to shoot (eg after 10 secs), if there is some slight movement (when pressing the button fully) ... will the pics be blur? I am considering a remote control (for my C5050) but read somewhere that if using the remote, the cam will focus again (despite the fact that I focus it prior to pressing the remote).

Anyone with experience can help explain?
    Not sure abt the remote control function. But using the timer function when mounted on a tripod DEFINITELY helps reduce motion blur esp for longer exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    Not sure abt the remote control function. But using the timer function when mounted on a tripod DEFINITELY helps reduce motion blur esp for longer exposures.
    But let's say at the time i press the button, and there is slight shake, will the pic be affected? or is it only captured after the 10 seconds, so the shake during the pressing of button doesn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    But let's say at the time i press the button, and there is slight shake, will the pic be affected? or is it only captured after the 10 seconds, so the shake during the pressing of button doesn't matter?
    Yup that is right...look at the 10sec as a delayed action kinda thing. The action (shutter release) is just delayed for 10 sec...after 10 secs, the shutter will be activated so within that time whatever happens will not affect the pic until the shutter is activated.