Thread: Newbie Very First Picture Post (Christmas eve in the Cathedral)

Default Newbie Very First Picture Post (Christmas eve in the Cathedral)

Dear All,

Do give me your comments on how to improve on the picture.

Was trying to use the symmmetry of the walls to guide the user into the picture but I doubt I was really able to do that in this picture.

How's the exposure on this picture?

Thanks

http://www.pbase.com/image/24458170/large

good shot.

Using a wider angle lens helps? The side walls looked too compressed to guide the viewer to the centre columns.

It's a good try though to play with symmetry in this shot.

Deregistered

dont take my words to heart ok?

i think there's a little too much roof, that's all

Hmmmm wanted to the roof in as I thought the structure was kinda interesting but you may be right . Shall experiment without the roof when I get the chance again which most likely is next Christmas

Yeah I thought a wider shot might be nice as well but can't afford one now ... So who's going to donate a wide angle lens

One other question...

Will be heading up Mt Ophir (Gunung Ledang) with my lens tomorrow.. Any tips on how I should shoot.. Will be bringing my tripod for shots on the summit

Hope to do some closeup shots with the macro function with a +4 close up lens as well where I set up camp.

Thanks for any advice coming my way.

Exposure is good...

But same as sehsuan, too much roof.
    I would like to go higher, tilt the cam down, to have more people filling up the bottom of the pic. But I dun think it's possible to go any higher...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2003
    Hmmmm wanted to the roof in as I thought the structure was kinda interesting but you may be right . Shall experiment without the roof when I get the chance again which most likely is next Christmas

Yeah I thought a wider shot might be nice as well but can't afford one now ... So who's going to donate a wide angle lens

One other question...

Will be heading up Mt Ophir (Gunung Ledang) with my lens tomorrow.. Any tips on how I should shoot.. Will be bringing my tripod for shots on the summit

Hope to do some closeup shots with the macro function with a +4 close up lens as well where I set up camp.

sure, bring along the camera body also. you can't shoot with the lens alone

enjoy your trip, have a safe trip ya?

Higher!!!

It is impossible going higher unless I am an Angel

Yeah I wanted to get more of the crowd into view as well but my tripod was facing some limitations with height as well because of the barriers infront..

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2003

One other question...

U using A80 right?
    Uf U can, get a small tripod can already. Those mini table tripod. Max shutter should be 15 secs, so noneed those large 1s. Hold it against a tree for support. Should save some weight too... Since U're climbing up the mountain.

Yup I am using the A80. Have to add it is a great little camera...

I was thinking of skipping the tripod part as well. It is a SLIK Sprint Pro not really a light thing to carry up the mountain together with my barang barang..

So from your experience you reckon a mini tripod will do? I was hoping to take some panorama shots on the summit..

I think i have the most unsteady hands in CS Nothing seems to be steady in my hands

from a newbie to a newbie...I think it rocks!!

There's a little tripod that has velcro straps which allows you to tie to branches, poles etc on top of using as a normal tripod... found that very useful for travel.

Can't remember the brand name though... can find at CP Marina.