Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

  1. #21

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Looks like i'm gonna jsut opt for IPT next year then.

    btw, what is the threadmill settings for 2.4 at TPY gym for CAT Y?


    I heard it's:

    2.0 incline
    12.0 pace.


    is that accurate? 12 sounds.. FAST

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Quote Originally Posted by big_lan View Post
    Looks like i'm gonna jsut opt for IPT next year then.

    btw, what is the threadmill settings for 2.4 at TPY gym for CAT Y?


    I heard it's:

    2.0 incline
    12.0 pace.


    is that accurate? 12 sounds.. FAST
    It's 2.0 incline and 11.7 pace for Cat Y. Just taken and flung it. Haha!

  3. #23
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    It's 2.0 incline and 11.7 pace for Cat Y. Just taken and flung it. Haha!
    I also failed 2.4km. After running for 50m, I asked the officer if I can fall out. He said cannot. Then I said can lah and I use 2 hands and hold onto the handle bars. He got no choice but to fall me out.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I also failed 2.4km. After running for 50m, I asked the officer if I can fall out. He said cannot. Then I said can lah and I use 2 hands and hold onto the handle bars. He got no choice but to fall me out.
    Haha...

  5. #25
    Senior Member TheChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the action is
    Posts
    2,304

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    RT is quite fun mah.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

  6. #26

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    It's 2.0 incline and 11.7 pace for Cat Y. Just taken and flung it. Haha!


    What's the pace for Y1? anyone knows?

  7. #27
    Member Atlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind the Camera
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Running on treadmill is slightly faster.
    Warmest Regards
    Atlas - Enjoy the World

  8. #28

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Quote Originally Posted by big_lan View Post
    What's the pace for Y1? anyone knows?
    The conducting officer will select the pace for you, it is all pre-programmed to the min passing rates according to the different Cats.

    My experience is that running outside is easier to pass than at Safra.

  9. #29

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    The 2.0 incline is fixed. The speed varies accordingly to your age group. The killer is the 2.0 incline. Before the test go and condition yourself running on the treadmill with 2.0 incline.

  10. #30
    wcwtay
    Guests

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    if can pass, why go safra? no $ award leh

    safra is a good place to fail. fail 1 station can fall out already

    also free entry to gym

  11. #31

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    Quote Originally Posted by wcwtay View Post
    if can pass, why go safra? no $ award leh

    safra is a good place to fail. fail 1 station can fall out already

    also free entry to gym
    Free if you are SAFRA member. if not you need to pay entry fee of $2.

  12. #32
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    everything but the threadmil more relax hahaha , 1 2 slp..... the threadmil must find something to concentrate for 12mins ! else ....
    hhahah
    Last edited by StrifeYun; 19th May 2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  13. #33

    Default Re: IPPT at Safra toa payoh

    If you just failed 2.4km, don't think its gonna be any easier in SAFRA. On the other hand, if you happen to be a borderline case like my friend, and you realise you run better off the track, you might want to try Maju instead of Khatib for the next attempt; Maju run at their indoor MT line 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •