Thread: Recommend camera slightly above P&S

Smile Recommend camera slightly above P&S

Will like to play around with more settings and zoom, not too sure ready to make the leap to a DSLR so considering one step above with buget of around $200+

Perhaps second hand canon power shot series? any other recommendations most welcome.

Thanks

Default Re: Recommend camera slightly above P&S

if you want good image quality with a compact size and nice lens and focal length, without a doubt panasonic lx3. if budget is tighter than that, look for the fujifilm f200exr.

if you want a greater variety of focal lengths.. then go for something like the canon s? is series is good.

Quote Originally Posted by tech_oasis View Post
    Will like to play around with more settings and zoom, not too sure ready to make the leap to a DSLR so considering one step above with buget of around $200+

Perhaps second hand canon power shot series? any other recommendations most welcome.

Thanks
    wah ur budget is REALLY tight man...

I bought my Canon SX10 IS for the same reason as u.... gives me flexibilty in setting, shutter, apperture, exposure, etc and comes with equivilant of 20x zoom... but price wise way off ur budger, brand new abt $700 i've seen 2nd hand abt $500

Blog Entries

$200+ is possible only if you are willing to get older cameras 2nd hand.

Something like this is selling for around $300 used if you are up for it. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms7000/
    Last edited by daredevil123; 20th August 2009 at 10:57 AM.

perhaps you can pick up a 2nd hand FZ5 at around 180~200 or FZ7...else is really a tight budget...

Quote Originally Posted by tech_oasis View Post

Thanks
    With a $200+ budget, you can get a good 2nd hand prosumer camera like the Sony H5, H7 and maybe a H9. You get macro, 12X zoom, Carl Zeiss lens and video capabilities.

Maybe a Canon Powershot A720IS??? I have one that is not being use at hm as i upgraded to DSLR..... wanna pm quote me a price? and i tink abt it... heehee...

wow tight budget yah. canon tend to have some manual control in their cameras but they have a tendency to exposure only up to 15 seconds.

lx3 is the king now, followed by the fuji f200.

but at 200 you might have to get something like a powershot g6, some technicals f2-f3 . 35mm-100+mm equivalent i think.
    i saw people selling some sx100 for as low as 200+ abit, but that one is more for fun i think. 36-360mm i think. i played with the sx110 in the canon shop, very fun, but have to stick to iso100 or 200.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleh/
    let the universe surprise you .)