Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

  1. #1
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Saw this interesting video on destroying their Iphone. Who want to try on theirs?

    Last edited by phoakm; 19th August 2009 at 08:50 PM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  2. #2

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    What a waste..

  3. #3
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Obviously the shooter has absolutely no knowledge of basic firearms safety, index fingers to be outside trigger guard (even with the safety armed) before firing like this.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #4

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Shooter is using a beratta 9mm semiauto handgun. First shot double action, that's why you see him cocking the firing hammer
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    wah... his typing speed damn fast.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    I dont think the iphone that got shot is a working one. When its not worth to repair, Apple may just exchange one to one instead. However as with every storage devices, its contents must be destroyed. This guy may just happens to gain one such unit. Raw material is so cheap so disassembling to troubleshoot and reassemble will cost more than building a brand new one.

    Basically the same way we destroy hard disk. Firearms is expensive and illegal in SG so we use a automated plunger delivering a hard punch to punch through the Hard disk. 100% sure no data is recoverable.



    Just my 2 cent.

  7. #7
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Basically the same way we destroy hard disk. Firearms is expensive and illegal in SG so we use a automated plunger delivering a hard punch to punch through the Hard disk. 100% sure no data is recoverable.

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    Wonder if you put your hand, would the "massage" be good

    GMAN

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    I read his description on his Youtube page. What a dumbass.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Long lives.............. Window.....................

  11. #11
    Member Linnl71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    East area
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Woah, such a waste man...

    So many videos of people destroying/testing an iPhone. Tsk..

  12. #12

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    i may have missed something, but is there any evidence that the phone he shoots at is the same working phone he shows and not a dead one?

  13. #13
    Member Deyeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Firearms is expensive and illegal in SG.
    Really? Illegal? Civilians can own firearms in Singapore, either handgun, rifle and shotguns as long as you belong to a club.

    The cost of a 5DMKII will buy you a very good custom built gun, 1DsMKIII / D3X will get you a very good top of the line gun. Limcat Custom. At present there is about 10 to 12 guns from this gunsmith in Singapore.

    For about SGD1500 - you can buy a 9mm in SP01, Glock 17, S&W Revolver, .22 Replica MP5 assault rifle etc ....

    Handguns are like camera's you get what you need to suit your needs.

    Both Camera's and Firearms are fun.

    Cheers ....
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

  14. #14
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    wasted

  15. #15
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    Really? Illegal? Civilians can own firearms in Singapore, either handgun, rifle and shotguns as long as you belong to a club.

    The cost of a 5DMKII will buy you a very good custom built gun, 1DsMKIII / D3X will get you a very good top of the line gun. Limcat Custom. At present there is about 10 to 12 guns from this gunsmith in Singapore.

    For about SGD1500 - you can buy a 9mm in SP01, Glock 17, S&W Revolver, .22 Replica MP5 assault rifle etc ....

    Handguns are like camera's you get what you need to suit your needs.

    Both Camera's and Firearms are fun.

    Cheers ....
    even if you are licensed to own a gun in sgp, you can't bring it home and do what the guy in the video did. your firearm is only allowed to be used at the range, after which it has to be locked at the gun club.
    eat. drink. shoot

  16. #16
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    anyone wondered why the guy didn't remove the SIM card before wasting the iphone?
    eat. drink. shoot

  17. #17
    Member Deyeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    even if you are licensed to own a gun in sgp, you can't bring it home and do what the guy in the video did. your firearm is only allowed to be used at the range, after which it has to be locked at the gun club.
    I was replying to what was said that Firearms are illegal. They are not.

    Why would you want to bring home? When I lived in NZ, I was licenced to carry, which means I could keep all my guns at home, but at a price, certified safe, alarms connected to a security agency.

    Here in SG its great, the range open 6days aweek, can practice, do what I need to do, lock up gun in armory, and dont have to worry about home security.

    There are pro's and con's for leaving at range and taking home. I have lived in both situations, prefer Singapore.

    Cheers ...
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

  18. #18
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    I was replying to what was said that Firearms are illegal. They are not.

    Why would you want to bring home? When I lived in NZ, I was licenced to carry, which means I could keep all my guns at home, but at a price, certified safe, alarms connected to a security agency.

    Here in SG its great, the range open 6days aweek, can practice, do what I need to do, lock up gun in armory, and dont have to worry about home security.

    There are pro's and con's for leaving at range and taking home. I have lived in both situations, prefer Singapore.

    Cheers ...
    DeSwitch was referring to "illegal" as not being able to carry a firearm on one's body as a person weapon or sort. Unlike the States where one can just walk into a gun shop and purchase a firearm and carry it with them on the streets
    eat. drink. shoot

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Iphone 3Gs got SHOT!

    Deyeno and Evenstar,

    Was my mistake not to make it clearer. Apologise to all. Cheers and have a nice weekend ahead.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •