Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: K7 on DigitalLife today

  1. #1

    Default K7 on DigitalLife today

    This seems to be of no merit or fallen from the Pentaxian radar.
    Pg26.


    Well, its better than I had expected from DL to say anything good about Pentax. But I did not get an impression that the reviewer actually used the camera.
    No mention of
    1. built in SR
    2. buttons galore for fewer menu delving
    3. RAW+JPG button
    4. electronic level indicator
    5. WB preview and select

    Did mention of
    1. HDR = Good??? I've played with HDR strong a little bit, and I can say that HDR strong + PP has potential (I need to play with it more), But I certainly will not call it Good and tout it as a good feature.
    2. Emphasis on WR = ok, lah, but I think most readers are not interested in standing in the rain in -10degC.

  2. #2

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    it is digitallife

    in general, no serious photographer will take digital-life seriously.

  3. #3

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    ... but I think most readers are not interested in standing in the rain in -10degC.
    I loled.

  4. #4

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    I loled.
    well, but i bet there are many people out there who will enjoy

    TELLING people that their camera will work in the rain in -10 deg C

  5. #5

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    What kind of 'review' is that, telling us it can work in -10 temp? I mean, in wintry Singapore, it sure is an asset!

    While not a squeak about the electronic level which is like, The Best Thing Ever?

  6. #6

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    What kind of 'review' is that, telling us it can work in -10 temp? I mean, in wintry Singapore, it sure is an asset!

    While not a squeak about the electronic level which is like, The Best Thing Ever?
    Exactly my thoughts when I read it. Most laymen will say "In the Rain? -10degC in S'pore? Siao! duh... " and move over to the other pages featuring skimpy clad women or the review of the latest MMORPG (or both!)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    171

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    you do realise that in -10 degrees celsius, it is more likely to be snow and not rain ...

    good thing i picked up my k-7 today before all the stocks ran out, driven mad by the digital life review :P

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
    you do realise that in -10 degrees celsius, it is more likely to be snow and not rain ...

    good thing i picked up my k-7 today before all the stocks ran out, driven mad by the digital life review :P
    For the sudden change in Singapore climate.

  9. #9

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    nightmare86: Ooh yeah. I try to open with that when doing switching speeches.

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
    good thing i picked up my k-7 today before all the stocks ran out, driven mad by the digital life review :P
    I loled again.

    This thread is heavy with lols.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  11. #11
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it is digitallife

    in general, no serious photographer will take digital-life seriously.
    I thought of something... didn't we (pentax) need some sort of a newbie who looks on the number of features than useability? Just an opinion co'z K-7 is not a camera for a newcomer...

    These somekinda columns works well on N,C and S. I see so many people who buys these kind of things but don't know how to operate optimally.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  12. #12

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I thought of something... didn't we (pentax) need some sort of a newbie who looks on the number of features than useability? Just an opinion co'z K-7 is not a camera for a newcomer...

    These somekinda columns works well on N,C and S. I see so many people who buys these kind of things but don't know how to operate optimally.
    yes, if you are into identifying a brand's strength as "ability to attract people who do not know how to operate cameras optimally", i.e. brute force marketing after achieving pole positions in market and then passing on cost to consumers.

    me, i'm more than happy if pentax gets more popular for the right reasons, i.e. why it has attracted the crowd it has thus far.. at least in these forums.

    i think, joining the bandwagon.. is something that has never been a priority to me. if getting a lot of newbies to join pentax just because they think it is feature-laden.. i think that would be a pretty sad day.. it would mean that the direction has changed slightly, and we can expect costs to rise soon.. as well as half-past-six new releases..
    Last edited by night86mare; 19th August 2009 at 11:45 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Too idealistic nightmare86.

    I do agree with you in principle, and if someone I know wanted to buy a Pentax I would make sure it's for the right reasons (e.g. want particular lens, nicest ergonimically for that person), but in general i say JUSTBUY IT PPL! IT"S CHEAP CHEAP! hahaha.

    And I would be overcome with joy if that actually happened (difficult to buy a truly bad DSLR honestly).

  14. #14
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    Too idealistic nightmare86.

    I do agree with you in principle, and if someone I know wanted to buy a Pentax I would make sure it's for the right reasons (e.g. want particular lens, nicest ergonimically for that person), but in general i say JUSTBUY IT PPL! IT"S CHEAP CHEAP! hahaha.

    And I would be overcome with joy if that actually happened (difficult to buy a truly bad DSLR honestly).
    I also agree at his point actually, but a fraction of this newbies will become good photographers also. In any case I would like pentax would be their first cameras because they will be less likely to jump to other brands due to high initial investment. Same applies with C and N users, They're not goin' to transfer easily since they already established on their set, unless they have enough moolah for the purchase.

    To be honest, without my old cam (which given to me by my parents for my university graduation) I wouldn't buy the K-7, It's not that I'm not going to like it but most likely I'am not aware of it...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  15. #15

    Default Re: K7 on DigitalLife today

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I also agree at his point actually, but a fraction of this newbies will become good photographers also. In any case I would like pentax would be their first cameras because they will be less likely to jump to other brands due to high initial investment. Same applies with C and N users, They're not goin' to transfer easily since they already established on their set, unless they have enough moolah for the purchase.

    To be honest, without my old cam (which given to me by my parents for my university graduation) I wouldn't buy the K-7, It's not that I'm not going to like it but most likely I'am not aware of it...
    No! Best is that they give up after buying all the expensive Ltd
    I'll wait like a shark in BnS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •