Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 984

Thread: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    ouch. that is so sad... guy.

    i have thing to ask. do i have to have a transmitter for my flash b4 i can play off shoe shooting with it?
    Yes.

    1. Buy ST-E2 or other 3rd party triggers.

    Or

    2. Use a 580EX as master on-shoe to trigger other Canon flashes off-shoe.

  2. #242
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    so sad. i onli have 1 canon flash onli.
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  3. #243

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    If you willing to splurge, Pocket Wizards are the way to go. Else, go for the china triggers.

    If you die-die want to keep ETTL, ST-E2 is good but have to be line of sight. For better range, check out Pocket Wizard Flex & Mini.

  4. #244
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
    If you willing to splurge, Pocket Wizards are the way to go. Else, go for the china triggers.

    If you die-die want to keep ETTL, ST-E2 is good but have to be line of sight. For better range, check out Pocket Wizard Flex & Mini.
    pocket wizard is the one that cost around more than $300?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  5. #245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    pocket wizard is the one that cost around more than $300?
    PW is super expensive. Unless you are doing strobing a lot then go for it. Btw, the RF signal of PW is not approved by IDA Singapore but still can use it thou.

    But if you are really doing a lot of strobing, I would suggest getting a studio strobe kit instead.

  6. #246

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    PW is super expensive. Unless you are doing strobing a lot then go for it. Btw, the RF signal of PW is not approved by IDA Singapore but still can use it thou.

    But if you are really doing a lot of strobing, I would suggest getting a studio strobe kit instead.
    Speedlight = 500g+

    Portable strobe with battery pack = 5kg+

    Make your choice

  7. #247
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
    Speedlight = 500g+

    Portable strobe with battery pack = 5kg+

    Make your choice
    That's the only minus point I see in studio strobes. But in the long run, the studio strobes are definitely more value but that also has to depend if you are going to do strobing all the way.

    If not, speedlite can do the job alrdy.

  8. #248
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    wow... i just wanna try out outdoor shooting. and play around with lighting onli...
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  9. #249
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    wow... i just wanna try out outdoor shooting. and play around with lighting onli...
    Maybe you can start with 3rd Party triggers first then splashing out hundreds on PW.

    Try those jinbei, cactus, phottix etc...

    Mass Sales sections has some sellers selling.. Transmitter and Receiver set..
    Last edited by RyanG; 24th August 2009 at 08:34 PM.

  10. #250

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    That's the only minus point I see in studio strobes. But in the long run, the studio strobes are definitely more value but that also has to depend if you are going to do strobing all the way.

    If not, speedlite can do the job alrdy.
    Speedlights more convenient and easier to carry around.

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    wow... i just wanna try out outdoor shooting. and play around with lighting onli...
    I recommend getting a china trigger (1 tx + 1 rx), heavy duty lightstand, umbrella holder plus 43" shoot-through umbrella. This setup shouldn't cost you more than $150.

  11. #251
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Anyone interested in a SSS shooting on Saturday 29 August at Geylang Serai. My exams have ended, and i'd be heading down to do some shooting. To make it interesting, shooting with just one lens. A 50mm prime.

    GMAN

  12. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Anyone interested in a SSS shooting on Saturday 29 August at Geylang Serai. My exams have ended, and i'd be heading down to do some shooting. To make it interesting, shooting with just one lens. A 50mm prime.

    GMAN
    wad time would it be?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  13. #253
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
    I recommend getting a china trigger (1 tx + 1 rx), heavy duty lightstand, umbrella holder plus 43" shoot-through umbrella. This setup shouldn't cost you more than $150.
    but firstly few hundreds for a flash before getting the trigger + receiver.

  14. #254
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    wad time would it be?
    Afternoon? Or what time is everyone free at?

    GMAN

  15. #255

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    so sad. i onli have 1 canon flash onli.
    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    but firstly few hundreds for a flash before getting the trigger + receiver.
    As per quotes

  16. #256
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    but firstly few hundreds for a flash before getting the trigger + receiver.
    i have just been poison by my friend with a 580exII
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  17. #257
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
    As per quotes
    single source lighting wont be flattering. so need 2nd flash.

  18. #258
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    i have just been poison by my friend with a 580exII


    I'm selling away my 430EX II to fund for it soon.

  19. #259

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    single source lighting wont be flattering. so need 2nd flash.
    really?

  20. #260

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 2 TCSS

    Guys....as usual....sports events SSS for me this wknd! Happening @ new skate pk in East coast Pk. Seems pretty big scale....i shud be there with Vin

    http://www.xtremechampionship.com/

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •