Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

  1. #1

    Default How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    I just noticed that I am paying around $120 monthly for the Starhub cables
    that is, around $1,500 per year!
    I remember not too long ago I was paying like around $90 monthly and they started to change their packages, etc.....
    actually only watch a few channels since most of the movies are repeats ....

    How much is yours?
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #2
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    You must be adding a lot of alacarte channels sia....

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I just noticed that I am paying around $120 monthly for the Starhub cables
    that is, around $1,500 per year!
    I remember not too long ago I was paying like around $90 monthly and they started to change their packages, etc.....
    actually only watch a few channels since most of the movies are repeats ....

    How much is yours?

  3. #3

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I just noticed that I am paying around $120 monthly for the Starhub cables
    that is, around $1,500 per year!
    I remember not too long ago I was paying like around $90 monthly and they started to change their packages, etc.....
    actually only watch a few channels since most of the movies are repeats ....

    How much is yours?
    Wah piang, are you a TV addict?

    Mine is like $30 plus nia. Good enough to keep me entertain though the night.

    NO SPORTS CHANNELS, they are very ex

  4. #4
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    Just my cable bills.. ard $134 inclusive of the internet..

  5. #5

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Wah piang, are you a TV addict?

    Mine is like $30 plus nia. Good enough to keep me entertain though the night.

    NO SPORTS CHANNELS, they are very ex
    not really .... never could understand what those "selection" letters they send me but remembered calling their hotline and someone over there said to sign the ultimate package (for max value for money, and most people chose that) so that different members of my family can enjoy most of the "good" shows ...

    I only know that everytime there is a advertisement period, i could click from #1, #2 ,.... to #256 ....#303, etc and i thought clicking non-stop is part of enjoying cables
    Indian movies, Tagalog, German, funny funny stuff all have ... but never watch them leh....
    for the amount i am paying, at least they should provide me one adult channel .... knn

    Internet i am using Singtel ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  6. #6

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    not really .... never could understand what those "selection" letters they send me but remembered calling their hotline and someone over there said to sign the ultimate package (for max value for money, and most people chose that) so that different members of my family can enjoy most of the "good" shows ...

    I only know that everytime there is a advertisement period, i could click from #1, #2 ,.... to #256 ....#303, etc and i thought clicking non-stop is part of enjoying cables
    Indian movies, Tagalog, German, funny funny stuff all have ... but never watch them leh....
    for the amount i am paying, at least they should provide me one adult channel .... knn

    Internet i am using Singtel ....
    Think you should change your package liao. And maybe when you 'threaten' to cancel some of the channels, they might even give you some freebies or discounts

    I kena before when I wanna cancel my hp, but cable TV I dunno.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    $91. maxonline cable internet and 3-package (or was it 4? i don't remember) cable TV plus HBO, plus free digital telephony. i receive 30% discount because i have a school-age child.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    About $110 thereabouts, cable tv + broadband.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    i don't watch cable TV :P used to have discovery, news and chinese
    used to life without cable TV leow.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    I watch CNA and youtube, sometimes I watch my plants grows

  11. #11

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    yeah, i never watch HBO anymore, but i'm still paying for it.............

  12. #12

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    totally agreed with you on this LPPL thingy....
    It's either Starhub or Singtel ... LPPL
    Cable or mio .... LPPL
    Bundle package or smaller packages .... LPPL
    Analog box cannot used already, so free for 6 month then we charge you ..... LPPL
    Daylight robbery (sound bad) .... i take it like a contribution to our state ....

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    The last time i enquired, Starhub said they had changed the bundle deals into smaller groupings and alacarte pricing.

    However for those still on the old plan, they will apply a certain discounts for the time being. Meaning, once they lift the discounts, the bill will balloon even more.

    Please check with SH, go through all the channels one by one, ask them to take them out. No need to wait.

    Also, another thing that attributed to the inflated pricing is the cable box rental fee. I feel that this fee is really not necessary. Imagine, you need to perpectually pay rental for a plastic box that receive only their channels and even after 20yrs, you still have not cleared the installment towards owning the proprietary box. It is outright daylight robbery, but we do not have a better choice at the moment. LPPL.
    always the Light, .... always.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    did your subscription came with promotion like 'free' tv set or other items etc?

    For my Singtel BB, despite it came with tv as promotion package (30months contract) and monthly I pay $90, I can actually renew the contract earlier - think the salesperson said i can already renew the contract after 21 months . Hence i renewed for another 24month mio home contract and pay $56 / month. I then switched to ST mobile and even with that my monthly bill is still < $90!

  14. #14

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    Boh leh .... starhub got no promotion for cable tv..... have been paying since day 1, never got any free things from them...


    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    did your subscription came with promotion like 'free' tv set or other items etc?

    For my Singtel BB, despite it came with tv as promotion package (30months contract) and monthly I pay $90, I can actually renew the contract earlier - think the salesperson said i can already renew the contract after 21 months . Hence i renewed for another 24month mio home contract and pay $56 / month. I then switched to ST mobile and even with that my monthly bill is still < $90!
    always the Light, .... always.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: How much is your monthly Starhub cable bills.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Boh leh .... starhub got no promotion for cable tv..... have been paying since day 1, never got any free things from them...
    Wah, then this is really ex! KNN daylight robbery.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •