Thread: Ski photo taking

Default Ski photo taking

Hi, I'm planing a trip to korea in Dec. got a day of sking. Is it possible to take my dslr with me while skiing so i can take pictures or shud i just use a PNS?

Default Re: Ski photo taking

Quote Originally Posted by palmglove View Post
    Hi, I'm planing a trip to korea in Dec. got a day of sking. Is it possible to take my dslr with me while skiing so i can take pictures or shud i just use a PNS?
    Yes you can take your DSLR with you. Are you comfortable with skiing? Your safety and people around you is foremost important, so you don't want to be carrying extra stuff if you're still new to skiing. If you're a proficient skier, you could bring a dslr, and it can give you some great shots. But if you're worried about falling and breaking your equipement, just bring your PNS. Just be mindful of when you bring your camera back in from the cold, don't take the lens cap off, right away or else you'll get condensation build up. Oh, if the weather is crap, you probably want to leave the DSLR in the hotel room...

Bro
    If you have a day of skiing, it does not sound like you have clocked much time skiing.
    If I am right, then bring a P n S. You may fall a lot, and a heavy item on you will worsen your balance.
    When you fall you don't want to break your camera, or injure yourself.

Also, make sure you have gloves which work with the camera, otherwise if you need to remove them to shoot, it could get rather cold.

Enjoy the snow.

Cheers.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Bro
    If you have a day of skiing, it does not sound like you have clocked much time skiing.
    If I am right, then bring a P n S. You may fall a lot, and a heavy item on you will worsen your balance.
    When you fall you don't want to break your camera, or injure yourself.

Also, make sure you have gloves which work with the camera, otherwise if you need to remove them to shoot, it could get rather cold.

Enjoy the snow.

Cheers.
    hahah Yes it does sound that you might not be proficient in skiing.

I recommend a point and shoot. to fall on your DSLR is not funny. I usually keep my PNS in my jacket, so whenever I am skiing I just take it out and snap. Much easier. Canon seems to have a cute all weather on http://www.canon.com.sg/p/EN/1-Digit...PowerShot-D10/

its very easy to fall down btw, especially in korea when the snow isnt exactly soft so yeah, if you havent skied before, a pns would do the best job