Unless either party has a real dire need to either get that eqpt or sell that eqpt, then i guess reality dictates that the other party will naturally be able to deal at his convenience.
Buyers can always play the market and look for better deals.Somehow, I feel that buyers should always have the say at where to meet, since they are the ones who are far less likely to pull out of a deal.
Even when I'm selling, I don't mind travelling a bit so long as the distance isn't too outrageous(Pasir Ris to Jurong East).
I think it should be by mutual arrangement and governed by goodwill on both sides. If practicalities of traveling distance and working hours make it impossible for me to meet an interested buyer of equipment I'm posting up, that's fine. We part on good terms and we both wish each other well. I move onto the next interested person.
E-M1/E-M5/E-PL6|12-40 f2.8|17|25|45|12-50|40-150 f2.8
As long as $$$ and goods dont change hands, the deal is not sealed yet. Any of the parties (buyer or seller) can pull off. But please do so in a more gentleman/lady way.
Luckly for me, all the deals I have over B&S are not complicated and went through smoothly. There was only once when the buyer wanted to feel the item I'm selling to be sure. I travelled quite a distance, wasted some time and $ but it was under mutual agreement that he informed me 1st that he want to see 1st den decide to buy or not. I agreed and even when he didnt buy it, I made a friend instead of an enemy. Buyer cannot expect all deals made through the phone or PM to go through smoothly. Sometimes buyer may not buy the items after viewing it.
Best is to make a mutual agreement of what is to be expected. If buyer/seller not comfortable with the arrangement den better dont commit.
Lets make more friends than enemies.
Bro Kaka, if you want to bring this case to forum, you should tell me previously.
Saying bad things behind someone's back are bad behaviour.
It's pitty that what you said in the forum not all are true.
Yes, originally we had appointment at 7:30 pm. But I had told you that I withdrew due to financial reason at 5:30 pm. It's 2 hours before the appointment.So it is impossible that you had been waiting me since 2 hours before the time.
You asked me to meet at City Hall or Raffles mrt. I answered Raffles mrt. So you gave me options to choose.
As I told you, I tried to offload my lens first. I had appointment with someone else at 5:00 pm on the same day, but he/she never shown up. Because at the time I couldn't find a buyer for my lens, I said to cancel our appointment due to financial reason. I only had chance to sms you at 5:30 pm.
Sorry again to inform my withdrawal 2 hours before the meeting time, but no obligation between us.
Previously you never said to me and I never asked you to take cab to go home during lunch time which cost $50 ???
I offered to give you compensation money for your cab, but you demand $100. (I think you are crazy !)
At the end I agreed to pay you, but you simply said you don't need my money.
I have said sorry in HP, said sorry again in forum, try to give you compensation money.
I think I have said sorry more than 10 times.
If you are still angry, don't know leh.
I don't like to argue via internet, so I won't waste my time by replying this thread again.
If you still have problem with me, you may come to my office and we can talk.
Note : you mentioned in the forum that you were sick. But how come you could post so many messages in sick condition?
Look like you are very healthy already. I fell happy for you.
Now wait for TS to respond
I am sorry again (how many times I say this) that I had no choice, I must cancel our appointment.
I have informed my withdrawal to you 2 hours before the meeting time.
Meeting time was at 7:30 pm, I informed you at 5:30 pm.
I have shown my regretfulness, I offered to give you compensation money for your cabs.
You demand $100 from me, after that you say bad things behind my back ?
I hope you will make an apology because of this.