Thread: Standing Strong

Default Standing Strong

Taken by a newbie with Canon 500D 18-55 kit lens
    f/4.0
    1/640
    iso 400
    abit of pp with level and hue/ saturations

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Compositions, color, technique.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    to capture the dramatic moment of a storm

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    On a moving lorry.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I think i should have zoom more to the red/white post instead of capturing with the lamp post on the right.

Default Re: Standing Strong

Hi, I'm just a noob using a D40, but I'll give a few comments okay?

Think it doesn't really show the dramatic moment of the storm at all, but fits with the title, with the stark telecomm tower.

Focus on the clouds is not really there because the clouds don't really have any texture and there is slight overexposure at the right side? Perhaps if you wanted to juxtapose the tower and the clouds, you could have focused and metered according to the stormclouds near the tower to capture the texture and colour properly, and cut out the distracting streetlamps on the right side (like you said).

The converging lines made by the road does generally lead to the tower, but goes off to the right. Also isn't very strong because the roadis a bit dark. Did you PP to add the vignetting? Perhaps if you had taken with the camera looking up from lower it would have cut this out, and made the tower look taller as well..

yeah, just my take on it
    Last edited by aprilmoon92; 10th September 2009 at 11:43 PM.