Sigh
    Alpha

Default Re: Mio TV - worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Singtel, truly world class...

Sigh
    try connecting to starhub customer service and compare

unless you have something you can get only on Mio TV.

I had Mio Home and I had promotion for one month to view most channels. It was great to have this promotion because I realise the channels are not worth a cent of my money!

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    try connecting to starhub customer service and compare
    It takes less than 20 seconds to get someone from Starhub on the line for me...
    Alpha

No .

i had it for a month then cancelled... The thing not user friendly, unless you get the staff to show you everything step by step, you will use until you siao
    Inline Culture (:

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I have Mio-home (mobile phone & broadband & landline bundle) but not mio TV.

Then once I have a problem with my broadband - the customer service insist on sending technician.
    I did my own investigation and conclude that the problem is with singtel side and at my side, but the service center guys dont want to listen.

When he come, he then test and confirm that the problem is at singtel server side - someone decided to change my plan and give me Mio TV, and because that "upgrade" my broadband is intermittenly affected. He just speak over the phone and got that sorted out, and left.

Very LOL. I should have just try to get 2nd hand Mio TV receiver and enjoy that "free upgrade".
    That's what they did to me last time. I switched from 3mbps to 8mbps, as stated on the contract, they did not make the switch at the stipulated date and time. Best part, they cut the old contract off and I had no internet at all. But rather after me calling them endlessly and KPKB them, they finally admitted that they have not made the switch yet. They made the switch the day after and the technician called me, said there was an hardware error, and they changed the hardware for me on their server side? I was like LOL, Singtel is so kind to change they whole server for just 1 customer. Really lame joke man. They just wouldn't acknowledge their fault.

And everytime you got to wait wait and sometimes get disconnected when you call their service center. And the solution they will say, connect your computer to the ethernet port first, don't use wireless. Then why the heck do we want wireless, if we could use ethernet? And the service people don't even know what they are doing? They just read the possible solutions that the computer generates from their computer infront of them. Sometimes, they don't even use brain to think at all.

GMAN
    Last edited by Ninja23XX; 17th August 2009 at 11:36 PM.

Their service center is outsourced apparently, so are the technician.

NO, period. Tried out the service, and was given more frustration than anything else. The good 'ol analog RF cable beats it hands down in terms of transporting the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I've got an LCD TV in my bedroom that's not hooked up to cable - i just use it for PS3 and movies (blu-ray/DVD).

So with the Champions league/Europa league starting, I was wondering if any Mio TV users here can give feedback about it? Is the quality ok? Is it worth subscribing, or should I make my way to a coffee shop at 3am instead? :P

What about other channels?

i had problem with mio tv video on demand while the national day rally was broadcasted. during that time (maybe also before and after, but I didn't bother to check), the transmission was not smooth, most of the time I get jerky video and no sound. is ST doing this to force ppl to watch the rally or just coincidence?

For me, I want Singtel out of my life. So far only my land line have to be singtel.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I dont really hv time to follow league matches, for TV program wise.. proabably not worth it..

This is the consensus of my wife, my mum and myself during the 1 mth free all channels trial period given when I renew the broadband contract..

Now didnt even bother to power on the mio tv set, prefer to just stick to the starhub cable tv..

Just slightly OT

Does anyone know if you can get caught watching 'illegal' soccer live feed over the internet in Singapore ? Maybe like how they catch ppl d/l mp3 ?

Me and my friends watch alot of soccer online over here in Aust. So far no problems. Just want to make sure I do not miss out on my Champs League when I m back in Spore for holidays.

so bad now ah? i used to have mio tv last yr, seems to be working with internet and everything up(except 1 time i had to call them to reset connection from their side which only took like 5mins)

but then again, i tink starhub ch are more worth it as mio offer much lesser choice at the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by drabsinthe View Post
    Just slightly OT

Does anyone know if you can get caught watching 'illegal' soccer live feed over the internet in Singapore ? Maybe like how they catch ppl d/l mp3 ?

Me and my friends watch alot of soccer online over here in Aust. So far no problems. Just want to make sure I do not miss out on my Champs League when I m back in Spore for holidays.
    Nope,sometimes watch online if my team's game is not broadcast.Care to share which software you use?The one im using now suddenly turns unstable

i use websites like justintv and myp2p.eu .... not always reliable but usually can watch about 80-90% of match no problem.
    Sometimes will use sopcast or TVants as well.

i use websites like justintv and myp2p.eu .... not always reliable but usually can watch about 80-90% of match no problem.
    justintv is good.Until now,I still cant get my TVants working.It's all in chinese.I usually use TVU and sopcast

Yup, that's what I use too. myp2p.eu is good since they list all the other links.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    I dont really hv time to follow league matches, for TV program wise.. proabably not worth it..

This is the consensus of my wife, my mum and myself during the 1 mth free all channels trial period given when I renew the broadband contract..

Now didnt even bother to power on the mio tv set, prefer to just stick to the starhub cable tv..
    same here. unplug the mio tv most of the time. don't even waste my electricity on it :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12